2011.06.30 TRIAL Day Thirty-two (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words, the jury wont be able to smell the can. #caseyanthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 1:51 PM

Perry: The request if made by the jury, the court will make the folowing ruling: It will NOT go back to the jury. #caseyanthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 1:51 PM

Sound decision made by HHJP to not allow jurors to smell the cans of death. That's fine, IMO.

Perry is protecting the verdict from appeal :) (it would violate KC's constitutional rights to allow the can to be smelled by the jury).

LOL Perry says Baez called SA cutting edge science as voodoo science. He's a hoot sometimes!

Officers use thier sense of smell all the time: alcohol with drunks, marijuana smell on people so why not a jury.

Because the jury isn't trained and oficers are. When I was an RA in college, we got to smell marijuana in the presence of an officer so we all knew what it smelled like for sure. The jurors don't have the background/education/life experience to guarantee that they can recognize that smell.

With or without the cans being opened, the DT's case doesn't pass the "sniff" test anyway. jmo

Perry will not allow can to be opened due to CA not being able to respond. Violating her due process rights. No smell test.
by bobkealing via twitter at 1:52 PM

The court rules the jury, if they ask, will not smell the cans said to bear the smell of human decomp. #CaseyAnthony
by caseyupdates via twitter at 1:51 PM

Do you think they should have the jury smell another source of decomp, before smelling the cans .... so they'll know what it smells like?

Oh well ... never mind!

I wish we had the phone number to the phone ICA continues to text from in the courtroom.. Would love to se her face when a text popped up with a msg from one of many of us..

ICA isn't paying much attention to HHJP is she? Unless she's feeling the need to send him the Death Glare.

I'll tell ya, what little I've seen so far the DT looks and sounds totally deflated to me.

I believe HHJP is making the right decision. Can't blame JA for trying and good to get it out of the way before the question comes up.

Salem

this defense team is a disaster - i'm really praying for a mistrial so Ms. Anthony can get a fair trial. its almost like the defense is working for the prosecution.

She's had more than a fair trial. SHe's had the benefit of hundreds of thousands of dollars of free legal work from some top professionals. She chose Baez, she got to keep him and therefore she's had a fair trial.

Who testimony are we not letting in? I had a call

Judge will not allow smell tests nor the expert to talk about the can. #caseyanthony
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:53 PM

Perry says there is ample evidence via witnesses and testimony. #caseyanthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 1:52 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads