2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is. It may be a fact, but for the life of my I can't figure out WHY. She can lie about the computer searches long after the fact, that would make sense. But WHY would she start telling the police as early as 7/16 a lie about calling GA about the pool ladder? She just found out Caylee was missing just the day before? Didn't she think the babysitter had her? Does anyone remember if GA was asked about this in either a deposition or on the stand? Did GA back up her story about the call?

This is what is perplexing me...I think GA did back up her story in his interview with YM & may be in his depo. I'm going to look after I get caught up here...20 pgs behind! :seeya:

Speaking of these jailhouse tapes..Are these used a lot in prosecuting people? I would think they would be, as they are very telling
But I really can't remember a case where they have been so powerful, were the Ant's just careless? ICA careless ? Or were they wrongfully used ? Or was the pros. brilliant in watching them ?

Cindy Anthony committed a major crime by lying on the stand... I bet she never gets charged with lying.

I just realized that I thought LDB was going to bring in computer forensics showing someone was uploading pics on 7.16 of the shot girls and that never came up in rebuttal. :waitasec:

BUT - Those photos were submitted into evidence. So, it can all be wrapped up in that tidy bow in closing, can it not?!:innocent::seeya:

I wonder what will happen to Ashton after this case? Was he known at all before this case?
I do not know, but he certainly did have a chance to show off his skills and personality in a big way, and I am sure he will not be forgotten. Maybe he will write on the case, or make some appearances.

Cindy Anthony committed a major crime by lying on the stand... I bet she never gets charged with lying.

I was watching one of the TH's today about Cindy being charged with perjury. The problem with doing this is that IF the conviction were to be overturned, or if there is the hung jury, the state will need Cindy's testimony. You have to weigh the importance and for sure having her testimony about those 31 days would be more important than charging her with perjury.

I think being called a huge liar at this point is better than the chance of Casey walking.

BBwwwaaahhhhaaa - Andrea Lyons has now jumped on the bandwagon saying the Defense did as good a job as the Prosecution - that the Defense promised to show a number of things and so did the Prosecution - which they did not deliver. The Prosecution did not prove cause of death via the duct tape and that it was a homicide. Mark E. is giving her a hard time in a joking kind of way. She is saying that jurors will find a lot of questions unanswered....blah...blah - Lennie tried to get her say she signed off on this defense but she went sideways by saying she couldn't divulge that information.

All such a crock! (Hope that isn't a TOS is it?) But just so silly to listen to. I have no idea how people can watch HLN on a regular basis regarding this case and have any idea at all what is going on with it. What they pump out on a regular basis is just so wrong!

Yes, in a way, it is maddening, because I cannot help feeling that Casey in great part got to ne the way she is from Cindy ( and GA too to some extent). But I was watching the CNN In Session commentators earlier, and one said she felt CA SHOULD be charged with perjury on the witness stand, but the other 2 said, "She lost her grand child, and now is losing her daughter. They dare not go after her."

I do not know, but he certainly did have a chance to show off his skills and personality in a big way, and I am sure he will not be forgotten. Maybe he will write on the case, or make some appearances.

SMK!!! First lawyer to present DNA information to the courts in a Frye hearing and have it accepted!! He is famous for that!

BBwwwaaahhhhaaa - Andrea Lyons has now jumped on the bandwagon saying the Defense did as good a job as the Prosecution - that the Defense promised to show a number of things and so did the Prosecution - which they did not deliver. The Prosecution did not prove cause of death via the duct tape and that it was a homicide. Mark E. is giving her a hard time in a joking kind of way. She is saying that jurors will find a lot of questions unanswered....blah...blah - Lennie tried to get her say she signed off on this defense but she went sideways by saying she couldn't divulge that information.

All such a crock! (Hope that isn't a TOS is it?) But just so silly to listen to. I have no idea how people can watch HLN on a regular basis regarding this case and have any idea at all what is going on with it. What they pump out on a regular basis is just so wrong!
I get the feeling that half the time, they are just rambling to fill air space.

He was the first prosecutor to ever get DNA evidence admitted at trial. He set the modern standards of evidence as a result. He is probably one of the best known and respected prosecutors in the nation as a result of that. (Go back to Eikenblooms cross examination and note how much the defense witness is all but falling over' himself to be discussing DNA evidence with the famous Jeff Ashton!)

I am sure for JA LDB and FG this case is just another in a long line of respectable work.

Sleuthers: I know this is kinda a crazy idea but are any of us feeling totally calm or in control right now? :) Several ever savvy sleuthers have suggested that the Prosecution end with Caylee singing "You are My Sunshine". It is a brilliant idea and maybe JA and Co. have thought of it. But in case they haven't, what would be wrong with trying to get that message to them before Sunday?????
I want Justice for Caylee so badly, I would do ANYTHING for her right now.

Late night snack for us all, courtesy of my DH:

bowl1.jpg

http://www.thechiliguy.com/bowl1.jpg

Sometimes I just don't understand. Why is it brilliant to be cruel to a woman on trial for her life, who may have many regrets, and despicible for someone to read to the world the suicide note of a man who's still alive?

I'm not picking on you, TraceyLeigh, just launching off your post. I believe this case is crazy-making all the way around.

My emotions are all over the place. One hour, mind you not day but hour by hour my emotions change. Happy to see her looking depressed, then next thing you know, I felt pity when I saw her having a little panic attack at todays end.

I'm way to invested in this case, I can't keep my emotions in check. Maybe it's stress from being so involved from Day 31. I'm know I'm going to feel depressed when this case is over but I should be glad so I can get my life back in order.

All I'm saying is one minute I'm thanking someone for saying "look how bad Casey is looking hope she gets the max sentence", then the next several posts that are negative about Casey, I can't "thank", I get a bad case of the "guilts". However, if someone says something nice, I don't thank that post.
I pick and choose what negative post I want to thank and show my support
I thank 2 out of 4 negative, makes me feel better about my self, I'm not a 100% let's get the Anthonys mob, I'm just a 50%. wingnut.
Same for cindy and george. I have a love hate relationship with all the Anthonys.

This case has affected me deeply. aaaannnnnnnd I'm gonna really miss all of you. We have a strong bond, Caylee was our glue.
Only exception is Baez, I think he is a mean sneak who only cares about his "camera" time. he is an embarressement to the law profession and humanity...ruining how many innocent lives to save a murderer.

I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member