2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW. I haven't read it. I don't think I am going to. That just seems to personal to me and I would feel like I was watching somebody in the shower or something.
Not that you shouldn't have read it....I just don't think I can. But I might.

Read it! Its very telling!

We can only hope for WHAT? What does that mean? Jury press conference? I'm scared now.

Good Morning everyone-the stage is probably for after they read the verdict.Which I think is the best part of the trail..we get know what the jury was thinking about this trail!

If I have to see this Lifestyle Lift commercial one more time I'm going to put my foot through the tv.

We're all going to be "of age" to qualify for one before this is all said and done at the rate this trial is going.

Did you see what happened to the kid that flipped the bird yesterday.

Well HHJP has had a contempt ruling in his pocket against JB for much much more serious stuff for weeks now. Every day adding a little more to that file. It's been speculated that JB will be facing thousands of dollars in fines and 6 months in jail for his willfull violations.

Yesterday and today, where he danced around but it became rather clear that he did put a witness on the stand that he knew and intended would lie (even if there is not enough evidence to convict on that, the judge is not stupid. Not his first rodeo). It pretty much assured that HHJP is not going to take the lighthearted slap on the wrist. JB will be getting slammed at the end.

Above and beyond the direct actions of HHJP you can bet he has a letter to the Florida Bar drafted, that he is amending daily. if so he will be the second judge in this particular case to file such a complaint to the Bar. There is a certain point where even they start to listen.

EXACTLY - and telling was that JP asked more than once (2 or 3 times) if JB knew that CA was going to testify as she did. He said yes -- gotta wonder if that would not have been a good time to consult with his client for an 'explanation' since she is good (?) at making them up on the fly!~

Hello everyone, I am not sure if anyone else brought this up, but something just dawned on me about GA on the stand saying he didnt use the duct tape, no it wasn't my tape, I don't know if it was my tape sir , How would I know if I ever bought that type of tape, don't know what type of tape wrapped on the dogs ect...
hummm, why did he do that?...why not just admit yeah, it was my tape why, wouldnt i use it !
Do you think that GA is pulling a Cindy for casey?

no i don't think so, although the tape has come up as unique... he can really say he doesn't know its his tape or tape from his home. He would have to say what he did in his deposition (a time that I believe all the A's were attempting to not implicate their own daughter/sister whenever posible) I really think at some point they all concluded it 'had to be an accident', like a knee jerk reaction. Later from what they learned of OS the reality set in that there was no accident. just my ideas

I doubt he recalls what exact type of tape they used on the dogs

Oh, Baez is putting the State on notice-- can you imagine the tantrum if Ashton or Drane Burdick said that to him?

It's almost as if she's 'disassociated' herself from her family and is willing to sacrifice every single one of them just to keep from going to jail. Her inability to accept any responsibility for the death of Caylee is what brought the state down around her head. She's not going home to eat chili anytime soon. After what she's done to her family, I'd be surprised if she had one to go to if she could.
...this might be what will tick off the jurors the most during the penalty phase. How are they going to reconcile Cindy's plea for leniency after watching what Casey was willing to do to save herself? I just don't think they'll be too pleased. I think Cindy is going to have to use Caylee as the focus of any statement...'cause IMHO, the jury has had about enough of Miss Anthony.

Bill S thinks CA is dangerously close to having actually committed perjury.

My money says the state would never go after the grieving grandmother/mother with a perjury charge for telling lies.

Yes, I agree - I think the State will be seriously content just branding CA as a liar in the news as kind of a payback for all the mouthing off she has done about them.

Pretty classy stuff IMO...

last night on HLN one of the heads was a psychologist and she said the pet analogy was spot on because when she studies mothers who kill their children she sees the happy pictures and videos but they turn out to have the same feelings as playing with a pet and disciplining or discarding them like they are pets too and I think ICA had just gotten tired of her pet getting more attention than her and getting her in trouble.

sad thing that keeps running through my mind

I was thinking KC had so much hatred for CA I would not be surprised if she harmed CA pets on purpose to watch her suffer.

When finger guy got handcuffed immediately in court I started having some magical thinking....

will we actually see ICA get handcuffed like that when a guilty verdict comes in?

oh I want see that.....

do you think they will be back today? they are in big trouble now...

there are no new opinions...he is objecting to the rebuttal...

like..."we forgot there would be a rebuttal when we told all those damm lies, your honor"

what a joke.

OH WOW I saw that, it looked like he was washing his hands of her. I thought maybe I had just imagined it.
It could also have meant, finished...glad that's over with...who knows?

I also think a lot of people were bringing supplies with them.He knows it probably was his tape,but how could he be sure ? Personally I would have said "it very well could be"

Regarding JBs questions to George about the tape. If your granddaughter was missing, and your daughter had let this go without speaking of it for 31 days, and you were rallying help to find this missing child, would you SERIOUSLY be thinking about your duct tape? I am surprised he can recall any details from that time...the trauma they were in must have been immeasurable.

JB's stalling and delaying reminds me of KC.. "give me one more day!"

Don't you think it's true that the longer you've been studying this case, the less likely you are to know how the jury sees it?

The jury doesn't know half as much as I do about ICA. I wonder if they are leaning towards the DP. I've heard some on tv say 15 yrs. to Life. Whatever the Verdict, it will be shocking, I think. It's not as slam dunk as we might think. I will smash things if she gets only a 15 yr. sentence.

When finger guy got handcuffed immediately in court I started having some magical thinking....

will we actually see ICA get handcuffed like that when a guilty verdict comes in?

oh I want see that.....

I think that will actually happen, won't it? I'd kinda like to see them clip on some leg-irons while they are at it...

I know its a whacky theory, but "finger" guy could have been sending hand signals to a juror. Probably not in reality but Judge Perry has to protect against things like that. Something to consider for the people who think the punishement was harsh for flipping the bird...

He got what he deserved. Probably got off lightly.

Anybody think, with the except of JB, the DT has given up? None of the other attorneys can rope in JB? With all his years and supposed reputation, wouldn't seem like CM would want to go out this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee