2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A LIITLE ENTERTAINMENT- I CAN'T WAIT FOREVER IS WHAT A LOT OF US ARE THINKING AND JUDGE MAY BE SINGING THIS TUNE -LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y523DZuN_s"]YouTube - ‪Time Won't Let Me The Outsiders‬‏[/ame]

Short video clip of Casey at a birthday party as a child playing on HLN, uploading it to youtube now.

Good Morning peeps :) I see court is in recess. Anything significant happened this morning?

Another matinee! Here is an incredible video of Casey being really mad and agitated on 6/11 while . . .viewing photographs of the remains of her daughter Caylee out of the jury's presence. . . Oh. and not a tear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nFnYIqKrik

She is one scary gal....It dawned on me one day that her friends only got to see the fun Casey. They saw what she wanted to show them. They never saw her cornered like a caged animal, which is what she is now. THAT'S when you see the real Casey.

here ya go! just got done watching it!
forgot how mean she can be... the media had her mad

CA - My daughter just doesn't trust the local authorities.

Yeah cause they wanted to know the truth!

last night on HLN one of the heads was a psychologist and she said the pet analogy was spot on because when she studies mothers who kill their children she sees the happy pictures and videos but they turn out to have the same feelings as playing with a pet and disciplining or discarding them like they are pets too and I think ICA had just gotten tired of her pet getting more attention than her and getting her in trouble.

sad thing that keeps running through my mind

Excellent point here. Looks can be deceiving. I think ICA projected a false image of her and Caylee for the public. This visual deception for the cameras was of a piece with ICA's verbal lies. ("I'm such a great liar," said ICA).

Your point is perfectly on target, IMHO, that enjoying a child is not the same as protecting that child. ICA's "enjoyment" of Caylee could have been utterly self-serving and self-centered.

ICA had no moral grounding that respected Caylee as an end in herself. ICA saw Caylee as a means to an end, a disposable accessory.

:(:sigh:

Good Morning peeps :) I see court is in recess. Anything significant happened this morning?

Nope. Just the usual. JB whined. Trial stopped so he could take a deposition......we haven't a clue when we will go back to the courtroom. Neither does HHJP.

Just shown on WFTV. A young ICA. Kinda gave me chills that the photo is of her sitting at a table, just like the last photo of Caylee.

Attachments

• young ica2.jpg
    young ica2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 66
  • young ica3.jpg
    young ica3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 58
The ONLY way they could have gotten this is from Cindy....was it for money, sympathy, or both.

I'll say money because the jury isn't going to see this video :)

Is there no trial today? What's going on?

Hi ya Pink. JB started the day of with whining about SA rebuttal witnesses and not having information he would testify to. Soooooooooo court is out indefinitely until JB can depose the rebuttal witnesses. I'm sure you are totally SHOCKED. LOL! :banghead:

Just watched the video of Casey as a little girl. I was immediately struck with how grown-up she was dressed. French braid with bow, bedazzled jacket and pearl earrings. This is how I dressed back then, and I was thirty years old!

I got a creepy feeling about how maturely she was dressed for such a little girl. IMO.

LOL...my mom used to make me crazy bow-barrettes that I wore nearly every day to coordinate with my outfits. And I loved to pilfer through my mom's jewelry and beg to borrow things for "special occasions". As a little girl, I think bday parties were as special as it got. I think she was just all dressed up for a bday party.

I had a teacher in 3rd grade (Sister Rosemary...greatest teacher EVER!) that used to remind us daily that every thing we did was a reflection on our parents. I could see CA dressing ICA to the nines every day to show the world what a perfect mother she was.

The ONLY way they could have gotten this is from Cindy....was it for money, sympathy, or both.

First - M O N E Y

second - not sure but maybe it is even sympathy but more to say "hey this is me, Cindy, I was a good mommy".

2. Any think HHBP thinks this will be over by July 14th still?

snipped for space...Yes, I have very little doubt it will be over by the 14th. You have to figure that is a full two weeks away. Even if JP gives JB the extra time to get the computer experts report ( I think JB said Wed). They would be back on Thurs for testimony, closing arguments Fri or Sat then the jury would start deliberations later next Sat. That would give them 4-5 full days of deliberations.

That is a worst case scenero. I would bet (not really because everything is so crazy with this case) that the jury will start deliberating Tues or Wed.

I sure will, Boodles. My DTV is obstructed by branches and I can't get HNL or Fox News for a few more days until they take down a tree. To tell you the truth, I don't miss either. My formerly fave channel, FNC has become too "fair and balanced" and HLN is insufferable. Ratings, ratings, ratings. And when they featured Janie on a segment, that was it for me.

I used to love NG but after she had the alleged new "grandmother' on her show, well, what was she thinking?

I always wonder if they have been watching the same trial I have, I hate how they misstate facts and ask the same questions over and over again. I also was wondering about NG, I ususally like her show but that was to much. That woman should have said something years ago not now.

The Media

Putting perspective on the media a moment. We have various news sources reporting on this trial because the general public has shown an interest in it. They are in competition with one another for viewer ratings and numbers of viewers as rated by Nielsen ratings and sweeps weeks.

The more viewers they can show by ratings, the more they can ask for in commercials and time.

The media has an interest in keeping you viewing and coming back. If controversy keeps you coming back they will give you controversy. In short, it's all about the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee