2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching WFTV and one of the talking heads (not Bill S) just said that some of the people on their blogs are starting to show sympathy for the inmate. Have I missed something?:waitasec:

Are they kidding???:maddening::maddening::maddening:

For once JB actually looks beaten. Sort of worried and lost in thought. Anyone else catch that moment of expression right after ICA came in?

I read a tweet last night that said basically that Baez and the inmate believe that they have won the case.

I spewed coffee everywhere when I read that.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I read a tweet last night that said basically that Baez and the inmate believe that they have won the case.

Probably in Baez's mind of KC gets anything less than the death penalty, he's won.

Morning All! So state is going to continue the rebuttal case today. Since DT depo'd the Gentiva IT worker yesterday, hopefully he will be on the stand today.

I think when the jury hears that CA lied for her under oath after her emphatic
'so help me God, Yes' they will see that ICA and CA both lie when it is advantageous for them.

This will backfire on CA Big Time! In her attempt to get ICA off, she may have just placed the final nail herself.
Off to get my cup of joe!

I look at it in another way...that it makes ICA look more guilty when her mother finds it necessary to lie for her. Combined with GA's testimony (1+1=2, Mr Baez) the jury sees a devastated father who knows his daughter is responsible for this death and a mother desperate to save her daughter from a capital murder conviction. Which all makes the defendant look even worse..cold, without compassion, evil, destructive to all around her. MOO

I have a feeling the "pet burial" direct was KC's idea. It was ridiculous, IMO.

Real life did not allow me to watch or follow trial yesterday but I have seen refrences to this "pet burial" direct...

Can you briefly explain while we await HHJP?

Not watching another trial, not watching another trial, ok not watching another trial with the devotion I had to this one.

I think I need a 12 step program. Anyone else?:maddening::maddening:
I don't think anyone stops watching trials, or stops thinking about mysteries that love them. I'm still following the West Memphis Three case after 18 years and they will be having appeals coming this December.

I'm also following other cases as well. It does get to be too much after while though and I do take breaks. Got to or you'll get burned out.

Scott Peterson told the police that his hair was lighter in color than usual because of chlorine from the pool. Sounds as lame as the chlorine BS in this case.

Did SP take the stand at his trial? Just wondering..

O/T So sorry . . . .

When will the Drew Peterson trial begin?

TYVM!

I don't think it has been set for trial yet. They are awaiting a ruling from the Appellate Court regarding the State's Motion about certain hearsay statements not being allowed in trial. Hopefully, a trial date will be set before the end of the year.

O/T So sorry . . . .

When will the Drew Peterson trial begin?

TYVM!

There is no trial date yet for Drew Peterson.

Good morning all! :seeya:

What bothers me is when the DT said they filed for more information from Gentiva and FG said they wouldn't be able to retrieve that information until at least next Wednesday due to the holiday. Does this mean we will be on hold until then. I sure hope not. I think the DT should just stop now they have already hurt there case enough IMO.

Yesterday when JP asked JB if he was aware CA was going to say it was her on family computer and she looked up chloroform and JB said yes, then the judge realized the time cards would be requested. He then went into JB and all the lawyers being Officer of the Court and how JB would have to expected the records to come in and in the end JP didn't seem to say he would hold up the trial. JP said it will be what it will be and closings on Sat AM and jury instructions in the pm.

Real life did not allow me to watch or follow trial yesterday but I have seen refrences to this "pet burial" direct...

Can you briefly explain while we await HHJP?

That's my other tab on Saturdays when this is on! :floorlaugh:

Also, ICA looked to me like she was on the verge of tears just a few moments later. Her chin quivered slightly & someone spoke to her right after. She smiled, but it looked a bit strained. Not her usual chipper self today IMHO.

Does anyone have the video of GA leaving the stand yesterday and makeing some kind of gesture towards ICA?

ICA smiles at Baez on entering and the defense team looks happy, until LDB comes over. The Judge is in the house.

InSession In Session
In the witness holding area this morning, Yuri Melich, Sandra Osborne (forensic computer analyst) in addition to the Gentiva witnesses.

Don't know if this has been discussed yet this morning, but did anyone see Tracey (Lennie's person) on the Today show this morning?

She said that Casey introduced herself to Tracey as the "Babysitter"? :waitasec:

That's a little bit of that "magical thinking" :floorlaugh:

I'm curious about the exchange between JB and HHJP yesterday. HHJP asked JB point blank if he knew that CA was going to get on the stand and dispute her work records. JB danced around it and said they both should have known. Sounds to me like he knew she was going to say this, even though he signed a stipulation saying that the records were accurate and true. Does anyone else think this is going to be a problem for JB later? We can add it to the list!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove