2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, she did 'go away', until the police came knocking at her door and then publicized her involvement with George. If I'm wrong, someone correct me, but that is how I understood it.
No one forces her to go on TV though and do interviews.

She could say, 'No comment.' and leave it at that.

Yes but didn't you hear JB ask "but you told ME it was duct tape, right?" Very telling as to who knows whom is going to say what about you-know-who and what.
Guess I missed that part, you are so right about who is telling who what. Wonder what GA was thinking when he heard it.

I'm not going to bash your opinion. I just wanted to say that Crystal reminds me of a few unstable people I have known in my life. If I were to profile her, I'd say she is a person who always has chaos or drama in her life in some form. She is the type of person that says she hates drama, but in fact she thrives on it, so when she hears of something tragic like this case, she cannot help from inserting herself into it. Maybe there was nothing dramatic going on in her life at the time, so she sought it out. There was no reason for her to get that close to the family, or George. She was a stranger. She preys on vulnerable people because they won't reject her if they are in need and broken. They are easier to befriend and probably won't reject her friendship in their fragile state.

Then (and again, I'm just profiling based on my experience) she doesn't feel as though George reciprocates her feelings so she becomes bitter and bent on revenge. She could have just gone away, no one ever needed to know she existed. But she wanted the drama so now she has it. She can say til she's blue in the face that she isn't doing this for the limelight, but she is still giving interviews. She could just GO AWAY but she's chosing not too because these people NEED drama in their lives.

And that's my 2 cents.

I dont take your words as bashing at all; Quite the contrary, I'd agree with your post and assessment of Miss Holloway. I'd even add it seems not implausible or even probable that she may have had intent as a blatant opportunist who possibly deliberately set out to seduce George.

But just as an example to illustrate a point, if someone is a, "people-user" and a drama queen, that person may not have intended to become enamoured of the person with whom she seeks to create drama;

but, again, for example, George is not a bad looking dude...

But.....

(imo) He chose to engage in that behavior -- (if he did, and I believe he did.)

And yes he was vulnerable and likely in need of who knows what.. diversion, ego boost, comfort, fill-in-the-sordid-or-non-sordid-blank.

And yes, agreed, her actions do not morph Holloway/Cruz into the second coming of Mother Teresa - not even close. She wont be modeling her halo anytime soon imo.

What Im saying is that I believe the affair happened. And my point in that regard is that if he had the affair, why not go ahead and say so on the stand so it reduces the risk of marring the rest of his testimony.

moo

HLN now saying that court will resume at 1:30pm.

What the heck does it mean when court is in recess indefinitely? IS is saying they could be back momentarily. I mean holy cow!

The vortex....................................... :floorlaugh:

Neurological conditions that may cause psychosis include brain tumors
http://www.seabhs.org/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=8820

i have wonered the same about ICA

Wow very interesting...thanks for posting that...on another note i hope i don't go crazy, i just had my thyroid removed in november and have been riding a rollercoster with increases and decreases..this was also on that site:
Endocrine disturbances include increases or decreases in the activity of the thyroid, parathyroid, or adrenocortical system

All I could think was, "Man...those are some monsterous shoulder pads in that suit (about the 3:30 mark)." None of my husband's suits have shoulder pads like that.

It's been a long morning.

I haven't seen shoulder pads that stout since Joan Crawford was hawking Pepsi.

Please move if it is in the wrong place...
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...-dizzy-spell-Juror-fined-for-talking-to-press

About halfway down the page, under the heading "We'll be done in July"

"He [HHBP] has told the pools of jurors that the trial will be in session for a half day on Saturdays, and even hinted as his planned timetable when one juror said she had a scheduled flight to London for vacation on July 14.

The judge's response: "We'll be done by July 14.""

I know that this juror may or may not be on the jury, if he/she is does anyone know if they will be able to reach their family/friends that they are going on vacation with, yes I know what sequestered means...I am guessing that their loved ones are watching the trial, but will it be the court to reach out to them...or does anyone know how that works?

2. Any think HHBP thinks this will be over by July 14th still?

3. "I have selected a very nice hotel for you," he assured them. "Don’t worry about that. The food will be excellent." haha, I know that I have gained a "couple" pounds during this trial, wonder how many the jurors have?

This female juror IS on the jury panel, juror # 8
We still have approximately 2 weeks of Penalty Phase trial to go through, according to Atty Finnell....
There are 51 witnesses on the Penalty Phase Witness List
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t1IKoWtQFXbILJ9pVMwT-c0dXhXOtFw-u5N2jfvVJM0/edit?hl=en
DEFENSE PENALTY PHASE WITNESS LIST

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mgKqMwusbjYrwYzM7s3M7n7LSN4xdLrEfkbwZHbiU88/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

# 8 JUROR RECAP #3015 - Female, white, 50s

Harship: no hrdshp; no family or financial; medical, needs labwork done once for recent kidney transplant; HHJP asks about "any" lab and there's no problem; will be pd by work;

Pretrial publicity: * watches 13 Fox, *hasn't facebooked/tweeped or teeted, *can follow the law and set aside opinions, *she doesn't know what blogging is, *doesn't watch morning shows or other shows... *said " there's so many missing children that you kind of get hardened to the fact." *Recalls only that a child was missing. Heard nothing about KC in relation to that at that time. *Heard about KC being arrested in regard to her child. Nothing else. *No opinion, *Heard that the body was found, there was testing being done, and that they confirmed it was Caylee. Nothing else that she recalls, formed no opinion based on that. *Doesn't put too much weight on media reports. Says you have to apply common sense to what you hear. Doesn't pay a lot of attention to the programs because she's always busy doing other things.

Death Penalty: OK with it *does not have any problems applying the rules as read by HHJP to this case; *Has no issues with the DP. *PJ says she has two sons around the same age as ICA and if they were in the same situation as her she would hope that the jury would use the facts to decide on the DP. Says she will do the same. *Would have no problem recommending a sentence of death or LWOP if she felt it was warranted. *5 on AF's scale *would try to sway the other jurors in favor of whatever her opinion was, *media should "def. not" influence her opinion.

Misc: *born in Warren Ohio, *Service Rep @ Verizon for 39 years, used to supervise 25 people, moved there in 1992 and started in '94, *was a victim of crime - a woman broke into her house and stole things - no one was caught, no bad opinion of LE or judges in Jersey (before '92), *no experience w/k9 dogs, she has a computer - no interest in being on computer @ home after work all day. *alternate juror in a criminal case involving the Genovese crime family - has London vacation plans for July 14th

Family: *Husband is retired - owned a BMX bicycle store. 2 sons - oldest 27, in Coast Guard for 6 years; youngest 23, lives at home only works part-time, graduated from Full Sail College, *Kids aren't angels but no difficulty with the law, *dad was a NJ cop, he now has a house in Orlando *no grandchildren

State: No challenges/objections. Defense: No challenges/objections.
**PJ Seemed to have gotten very annoyed with CM during general questioning

:tyou::tyou:
why do I remember GA rolling out every morning
and staying gone all day then?
I remeber everyone wodering where the heck he drove all day.
BUT I could be wrong!

I'm not going to bash your opinion. I just wanted to say that Crystal reminds me of a few unstable people I have known in my life. If I were to profile her, I'd say she is a person who always has chaos or drama in her life in some form. She is the type of person that says she hates drama, but in fact she thrives on it, so when she hears of something tragic like this case, she cannot help from inserting herself into it. Maybe there was nothing dramatic going on in her life at the time, so she sought it out. There was no reason for her to get that close to the family, or George. She was a stranger. She preys on vulnerable people because they won't reject her if they are in need and broken. They are easier to befriend and probably won't reject her friendship in their fragile state.

Then (and again, I'm just profiling based on my experience) she doesn't feel as though George reciprocates her feelings so she becomes bitter and bent on revenge. She could have just gone away, no one ever needed to know she existed. But she wanted the drama so now she has it. She can say til she's blue in the face that she isn't doing this for the limelight, but she is still giving interviews. She could just GO AWAY but she's chosing not too because these people NEED drama in their lives.

And that's my 2 cents.

:tyou:

AmyPavukOS Amy Pavuk
#caseyanthony trial will resume shortly after 1p.m.

This female juror IS on the jury panel, juror # 8
We still have approximately 2 weeks of Penalty Phase trial to go through, according to Atty Finnell....

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mgKqMwusbjYrwYzM7s3M7n7LSN4xdLrEfkbwZHbiU88/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

# 8 JUROR RECAP #3015 - Female, white, 50s

Harship: no hrdshp; no family or financial; medical, needs labwork done once for recent kidney transplant; HHJP asks about "any" lab and there's no problem; will be pd by work;

Pretrial publicity: * watches 13 Fox, *hasn't facebooked/tweeped or teeted, *can follow the law and set aside opinions, *she doesn't know what blogging is, *doesn't watch morning shows or other shows... *said " there's so many missing children that you kind of get hardened to the fact." *Recalls only that a child was missing. Heard nothing about KC in relation to that at that time. *Heard about KC being arrested in regard to her child. Nothing else. *No opinion, *Heard that the body was found, there was testing being done, and that they confirmed it was Caylee. Nothing else that she recalls, formed no opinion based on that. *Doesn't put too much weight on media reports. Says you have to apply common sense to what you hear. Doesn't pay a lot of attention to the programs because she's always busy doing other things.

Death Penalty: OK with it *does not have any problems applying the rules as read by HHJP to this case; *Has no issues with the DP. *PJ says she has two sons around the same age as ICA and if they were in the same situation as her she would hope that the jury would use the facts to decide on the DP. Says she will do the same. *Would have no problem recommending a sentence of death or LWOP if she felt it was warranted. *5 on AF's scale *would try to sway the other jurors in favor of whatever her opinion was, *media should "def. not" influence her opinion.

Misc: *born in Warren Ohio, *Service Rep @ Verizon for 39 years, used to supervise 25 people, moved there in 1992 and started in '94, *was a victim of crime - a woman broke into her house and stole things - no one was caught, no bad opinion of LE or judges in Jersey (before '92), *no experience w/k9 dogs, she has a computer - no interest in being on computer @ home after work all day. *alternate juror in a criminal case involving the Genovese crime family - has London vacation plans for July 14th

Family: *Husband is retired - owned a BMX bicycle store. 2 sons - oldest 27, in Coast Guard for 6 years; youngest 23, lives at home only works part-time, graduated from Full Sail College, *Kids aren't angels but no difficulty with the law, *dad was a NJ cop, he now has a house in Orlando *no grandchildren

State: No challenges/objections. Defense: No challenges/objections.
**PJ Seemed to have gotten very annoyed with CM during general questioning

I remember watching that and HHJP promising her it would be ok. wow.. he has to be unhappy. She still might make it. Does it really take 2 weeks to put forth mitigating factors? gosh.

Yah and she told them there was no romantic affair and that George told her he believed it was an accident.

Then the National Enquirer called and she realized she could make some money off this- but it wasn't sensational enough. Suddenly, they had sex numerous times and George said that it definitely was an accident...but she never thought to inquire any further?

So then she changes her story to the police, because no tabloid wants to pay big bucks just for her to say she was a volunteer who lent emotional support to George during a tough time. Maybe they did have an affair, but her story and the National Enquirer angle came off phony, IMO If she really didn't want any of this, she could have easily told the Media she had nothing to say and was just a volunteer. End of story. She's still all over the media even today, and she STILL is evasive and sketchy sounding.

Oh yah, I forgot to mention that she uses an Alias just for fun. Yah Right, River...Krystal...
I loved how JA kept calling her Ms. Cruz.
ITA: She publicized the affair herself after the Enquirer offered her 4,000$.

I may be wrong on that though. This trial has been a long ride.

Even NG said last night that she would lie in court for her kids and take the needle for them.....o-kaaaaay

I also would give my life to save one of my sons. No doubt about it. UNLESS.....my son killed my grandson. I guess there are factors that we don't know about. Does CA think ICA is crazy? Mentally ill?? Incapable of knowing right from wrong?? Is she lying for her to save her?? That's the only reason I would fight for the life of my son if he killed my grandson. But, he'd have to be a babbling, rolled up in fetal position raving lunatic.

People, judges and lawyers, condoning CA lying under oath is sickening to me.

There is a reason it's called 'unconditional love'.

I'm not condoning her lying on the stand, but your child is your child and a lot (most?) would go to the ends of the earth for them, regardless of the monster they become.

I agree and it is CA wearing a cross, reading a Bible and lying so religion is not a factor here.

My guess is she will say that there was a lot going on in her life at that time. That she clearly did take some time off from work the following week so she was mistaken about the time period because she did say it was around the time of KC's birthday and she was confused. She tried to help her daughter out and nothing will come of it because she did not say 100% she was sure of the dates. Also running to the bank on your lunch hour (even if the lunchtime is not until 2:30pm) is not the same as taking 1/2 day off of work to do computer searches. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanling53