2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you :) I'm still shaking, when the police got here I was hysterical.

Glad to hear you're ok too. Possums can be sneaky little guys. Had one licking our tent while camping once, for a really long time & he was very persistent!

That is kind of funny tho...now that we know you are ok!
:crazy::seeya:

What I meant to say is, if the jury comes back with "guilty" on the top charges that could carry the DP, then they have to stay through the penalty phase, which could last a week or more and deliberate again, I believe. I wonder if this could affect their verdicts, if they want to go home.

The TH's are saying the deliberation could take a while even if they do want to get out of there, though, because some may want to hear testimony read again, so see videos again, etc...but overall they seem to think a quick verdict won't be good for the state.

Thank you for your kind words, Mr/Ms Possum is making their way down the door as we speak, the sound is still freaking me out a little but I'm okay now. Sorry for the off topic but just had to share.

Just hoping court resumes and Perry "gets is done!" - The delay is infuriating me that Baez can make such a mockery of the judicial system.
:therethere: :grouphug:

Casey is getting credit for the time she is sitting in jail and that time will be credited to any eventual sentence (except death or LWOP).

Usually, jail time earns extra credit....like 2 days credit for 1 day served, or even three days credit.

Does anyone know how much time she has earned? I would hate to think she will be credited with 9 years for the three years she has been in jail!!

wow - just got back to hear rh on wesh saying that what's coming up is going to be brutal - the sa is going to pull the curtain back and show the jury what's going on, what baez is like and what the defense team is going to pull.

Kealing talked about the sa using scalpels. Says the sa knows exactly what they would find and they found it.

Can't wait for this afternoon!

wow!!!!

A sort of OT...while we were waiting for court to come back in session, I decided I should take the opportunity to snooze in my chair here in my living room. I slept for over an hour, while my roommate continued to watch the IS coverage. When I woke up she was staring at me with her mouth open, because I woke up from a deep sleep just as the host said "just heard we'll be back around 1". :floorlaugh: I have become SO attuned to this case and everyone involved's voices that it literally rouses me from sleep now.

Addicted to this case? Me? :blushing:

Wow - just got back to hear RH on Wesh saying that what's coming up is going to be brutal - the SA is going to pull the curtain back and show the jury what's going on, what Baez is like and what the Defense team is going to pull.

Kealing talked about the SA using scalpels. Says the SA knows exactly what they would find and they found it.

Can't wait for this afternoon!

Wow! You've really piqued my curiosity, can't wait!

Crimes and trials happen every day, but few are as high profile and in the media as this one is. I can't imagine trying to live a normal life while being under constant scrutiny. It's hard enough to deal with the death and possible conviction of your own child as a murderer (even though it's deserved). Sorry, I just have to disagree, it would be very difficult emotionally to concentrate on my job while all this is going on. Some people might find it easier to go to work and distract themselves from it all. I for one couldn't, we all deal with things differently.

We don't give disability to everyone for things like this. The publicity angle holds no water with me because they went on numerous national media shows. There is nothing special or unique about the Anthony's or Casey or this case imo. I don't see other parents who lost a grandchild going on a 3 year disability. I understand a few months, but it's well beyond that. moo

Minority. I assumed most think CA doesn't think her daughter is guilty of anything?

I didn't think CA thought ICA was guilty until a couple of weeks before the trial - then she realized she was. She listened to the testimony, realized how bad it was and then went into save ICA from the death penalty mode...all IMO again.

Just a thought, if Lee was violating ICA and such a bad character, why was Caylee named Cay-Lee ?

I have been thinking about - what would I do if my son murdered one of his kids (he doesn't have any as he is a kid himself) but I honestly do not know what I would do. I just hope I am never in that position. I hope I would not enable him.
I think we can all speculate on how we would act but we can't know for sure unless we are in this same predicament. I tell my children all the time, that no matter what they will be my children and I will love them, I may not love what they have done but I will love them. I think it's hard to judge CA. We can be sure that as a compassionate mother she will try to save her daughter's life and I would expect no less. IMO

In most situations....I agree. I'm a grandma, now. There is nothing that I would do to protect someone who would cause him harm. Even if that meant my son would spend his life in prison. Unless, as I said, my son was so mentally incapacitated he couldn't function. CA has made her choice. ICA over Caylee. I find that sickening. MOO

If you're child killed your grandson/granddaughter, would you allow the state to put them to death? What if, because it is your child accused, you see the circumstances surrounding the death different? (because your biased toward your child?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734