2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the judge say how long each side will have for their closing arguments?

So does everyone think that it was LA who deleted the files on the computer and was given immunity?

My thoughts exactly! Caylee brought her lots of attention for the first couple of years (just like carrying around a cute puppy that everyone stops to adore) but when the "puppy" got in the way of her love-life and party-life, she decided it was time to "euthanize" her and bury her in the backyard, only the backyard didn't workout so she took her to the "other" pet cemetery.

I don't think Casey ever really felt true motherly love for her child. I think her whole life after Caylee's unplanned birth was nothing but a performance (show) for all those around her. She's STILL performing even now.

Rest in peace, little angel girl. Your short sweet life has affected thousands.

It's funny (iornic) to me that all of that came out yesterday about the burial rituals of the dead pets, because I have long referred to Caylee as ICA's 'dog in a purse', kinda like Paris Hilton, et al, KWIM? And that is exactly how she thought of her, IMO. Caylee was awesome at helping ICA get lots of attention for a while, but then the reality of actually having to raise a child happened, and Caylee obviously lost her usefulness in ICA's life. :twocents:

What on earth can the DT talk about in closing arguments? :waitasec:
Myths, fantasies and why Yahoo is not a real word? He could always talk about the members of the jury who have committed suicide or perhaps why he ignores his client...Heck, he's got lots to talk about. :innocent:

first question - Lennie's media blah blah - delete from brain
second question: animals we love like a baby

OMG....I just saw the IMAX film Born to be Wild narrated by Morgan Freeman, about the baby Orangutans and Elephants. It was AMAZING!!!!

Early on...and I mean very early on...Cindy was all about the truth and having her daughter answer for "it" if responsible...that changed quickly. I'm sure hours with LE put her on high alert that all wasn't what it appeared to be. So, do I feel she was honest in the 911 calls...yes, absolutely.
Yes, she did appear to be honestly horrified that the nanny had stolen Caylee, and that LE had to help her find the child immediately. But why does she lie about calling George about the pool ladder at this same time, 7/16 and 7/17? Why should she lie about this so early on??:waitasec:

Myths, fantasies and why Yahoo is not a real word? He could always talk about the members of the jury who have committed suicide or perhaps why he ignores his client...Heck, he's got lots to talk about. :innocent:

But they have to stay within some pretty narrow parameters-- check out the guidelines! There's a thread going on this subject too...

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/28422064/detail.html

"why". Exactly. There's alot to contemplate now.

the reason I'm so shocked this came out today is because I always felt compassion for Cindy, that she was just under a lot of stress compounded by the media & protesters. He first trial testimony confirmed my good faith in her. When she lied last week I was discusted but never, NEVER thought she knew & COVERED UP caylee's death from day 1 . . . until today.
I truely am shocked.
It's evident now we will never know who knew what & when they knew it. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the implications of the "ladder story" being a lie from the start.
It never was "talked up" until the DT's OS...if Cindy honestly believed it could have been an accidental drowning she would have been shouting it all over the news.

The only thing I hope and pray for now is her inability to publish...anything! Her words spoken or written will mean nothing...at least to me.

Reminds me... Someone profited from the ICA @ 5 years old Bday party video that was all over the media today... This stuff makes me mad.

MOO

Cindy has lived with and dealt with ICA ICA's entire life. I think, regardless of her protestations to the contrary, she knows exactly who and what ICA is. IMO, Cindy knew when they got the car home what had happened, and her mind went into revolt, and IMO her going back to work was running away and getting away from the car so she could start her denial process.

Then what caused her to call 911 in the first place? Power trip? Surely she knew she would be sentencing ICA to death by calling if she knew what was going on!

my theory is....during the 24 or so hours after first learning that caylee was missing, every single "issue" ga had brought up in the months prior (as mentioned in his suicide note) came rushing back to ca...and somewhere, deep down....she began assembling the pieces of what would ultimately form the sickening puzzle we see before us today. and from that moment on, i think her actions have been a result of a woman absolutely wracked with guilt.

Yup! That would help to explain why CA has been acting so guilty this whole three years.

A lot of people focus on the 31 days she wasn't reported missing but what about the 6 months Casey kept quiet, appeared on TV wearing "Caylee is missing" buttons and T-shirts, sold Caylee pictures knowing perfectly well that her daughter lied somewhere in a trash bag?

Great point! I do wonder what the jury thinks about that.

Reminds me... Someone profited from the ICA @ 5 years old Bday party video that was all over the media today... This stuff makes me mad.
My daughter mentioned to me that pics she saw of Caylee recently also seemed "new". I wonder if there was a total package aquired some time ago and media has held some back till now.

Because he wants to marr his testimony and save the princess from the DP. IMO

disagree. i truly believe that if an affair took place, george denied it for one and only one reason....and it had nothing to do with sparing himself or sparing casey's life. if he lied, and i don't know that he did, he lied to spare his wife the public humiliation and pain of having to sit there at her daughter's murder trial and watch her husband talk about an affair with another woman.

his suicide note made it clear he didn't think he was good enough for ca. i believe he genuinely loves her and any lie, if it occurred, was simply the only way he felt he could try to make up for what he thinks are a lifetime of failures.

i do not believe this untruth, if it occurred, in any way negates his devotion to caylee. nor do i think it had any impact on the case at all.

Please help me my lovely websleuthers as I'm missing something (which I often do)

1 -- Im confused re the phone conversations (or lack of them for CA telling GA about the ladder)...the phone records they pulled up were home phone, CA cellphone, GA mobile phone. JB asked about GA's work phone but it was sustained? Im left wondering why his work phone records were not checked?

2---- Also re the pool ladder incident...didnt CA tell her work colleagues that that had happened?

hoping you clever people can enlighten me ty x

Great point! I do wonder what the jury thinks about that.
When HLN was discussing the hypocrisy of the money (RK vs DT)...they brought up just how bad that was to accuse RK of being "morally bankrupt".

Sometimes I just don't understand. Why is it brilliant to be cruel to a woman on trial for her life, who may have many regrets, and despicible for someone to read to the world the suicide note of a man who's still alive?

I'm not picking on you, TraceyLeigh, just launching off your post. I believe this case is crazy-making all the way around.

BBM

You have much more empathy than I.

As I have stated previously in order for me to believe Casey has either regret or remorse she would have assumed some culpability for Caylee's death instead of deflecting blame to everyone else. I firmly believe any contrition Casey may have is solely reflective of Casey. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay