2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T from what you are all discussing here, but I finally finished watching the testimony in the trial today.

I gotta say, after watching Baez's display in court today - I have a serious case of the DT's LOL!
Now, I do believe I WILL have that drink someone offered me about 20 pages ago.

I wholeheartedly agree!!! She was born that way... signs there but her "-pathy" didn't hit its zenith until teen/young adulthood. Her parents and household spent years tip-toeing and covering for her. They didn't help in the situation but they didn't cause it. I feel she was born this way. There is no rehab. She'll like prison.

All MOO and a yup.

When I studied psychology about a hundred years ago I was taught that sociopaths tend to become politicians, lawyers, entertainers, and members of law enforcement. Don't know if that still holds true today.

I do know that a friend of mine used to say, "Everyone loves a sociopath except those who have to live with him." She was married to a sociopath.

ICA rises to the level of psychopath, and no, they cannot be rehabilitated. I've been getting irritated hearing pundits, particularly JVM, blame the parents for ICA's actions. What JVM fails to realize is that parents have only a small amount of control over psychopathic children. They can not change her to behave normally, and no one else can; ICA thinks she is fine-in fact, surperior to everyone else. Everyone around the psychopath gets drawn in-and they often destroy everyone in their orbit, until they move on to the next victim. But they are superficially charming, so this covers up their psychopathy. ICA has most of the other symptoms such as promiscuity, lying, lack of empathy for others (ie: grinning after her sobbing parents leave the witness stand), inability to experience guilt (obvious to everyone involved in this trial), using people who are of benefit to her, narcissism, etc. Again, psychopaths and sociopaths do not rehabilitate, because they think they are fine and have no desire to change. Luckily, most of them don't murder. But ICA is a particularly dangerous psychopath in part because she doesn't match the stereotype of how most think a psychopath should look. ICA was BTW, prior to being a murderer, a professional criminal.

What makes you think she is a psychopath instead of a sociopath?

What makes you think she is a psychopath instead of a sociopath?

First, the history of progressive criminality to what appears by all evidence to be cold-blooded murder of a helpless victim, and the pathologic degree of deception, among other things.

IMO Casey didn't look scared at all. Psychopaths are incapable of fear.

If you want to get technical, I think ICA is more of a Sociopath than a Psychopath. She has no conscience or empathy with others. Not quite the same as that complete lack of emotions of the true psychopath. She can most certainly feel and show fear. But it will only be self centered fear. She is fearful she will be caught, convicted, sentenced. She is not fearful that her daughter is missing, or she may be hurting her father, etc. It's all self centered.

Can ICA speak during penalty phase to plead for her life?

Some of the lawyers have said that is the best time for her to take the stand in order to do just that, rather than taking the stand in the guild phase.

They have said that if she took the stand in the guilt phase, tossed out all her lies, then is convicted, the jury would pay no attention to her asking for mercy in the penalty phase.

IMO

Why was JB whining about a travesty of justice today? She hasn't even been convicted and he's already whining. I also don't think he had any idea of what a rebuttal case was.

I just watched 20/20 tonight and they did a story on Diane Downs omg if she dosen't act just like ICA's I don't know who does. It showed me what a true sociopath acts like and I am still in awe after watching it. I know I saw the movie on lifetime with Farah Fawcett but it had been so long ago that I did not even think to connect her actions to ICA's. It gave me a clear picture that sociopaths cannot be rehabilitated and that there is no other place for ICA besides jail.
It is sad I cannot imagine how CA and GA feel knowing that their own daughter is a sociopath. I believe that CA has been making up for all of ICA's bad behavior and it has just become a way of life for CA. And for GA I don't think he had any say in anything and had to just accept the way CA dealt with her. I hope that after this is all done and over with they both find peace in their lives.

And another question...Was it google or yahoo..?? I thought they were google searches..I use all of them, i know..But I thought they were pretty consistent with google comments...His comments today were about yahoo.. Google does not have ads/stories on their homepage, yahoo does.

It was google. JB was throwing yahoo in there in an effort to confuse the issue and hide the truth.

Anyone ever see the Diane Downs tv movie? It was a good one and I'm not a big tv movie person. Farrah was excellent in it.

It was google. JB was throwing yahoo in there in an effort to confuse the issue and hide the truth.

That's how I saw it..I just expected the witness, say but....this was done on google, or at least Linda to hit it on cross. Oh well, not that important in the grand scheme.

Darn it all, I still don't know why the A's refused lie detectors at the very beginning and why they all hired attorneys for themselves.....anyone?
I think that's one of the things that bothers me the most...all the unanswered questions...the biggest one being...WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay