2011.07.02 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon me for asking, but I just turned on HLN and I find 'highlights' for the week. Was court in session today? If so at what point did they leave off? I apologize for asking but I was stuck at the DMV all day and didn't get a chance to watch.

Thanks!

Both sides rested yesterday after the prosecution presented their rebuttal.

Today is off for both sides to prepare for closing arguments beginning at 9 tomorrow.

That will be followed by instructions to the jury and then deliberations.

I'd forgotten about that one. it turns my stomach :sick:

as an interesting aside, on the wiki page it shows a letter she wrote in jail absolving her daughter and son in law of all guilt. it takes all kinds eh? kinda made ICA look just as bad, killed less babies but happy to string up innocents along with herself.

I had never heard about it and am reading wiki on it right now...wow

I thought she had already been charged with murder and they decided on the DP once Caylee was found...?

yes now that I think about it I think you are right.....possibly because of her failure to cooperate.

I remember that she was originally charged before the remains were found and I think that might have been for child endangerment (or maybe child abuse) and then they added charges when the remains were identified. I do not remember if there was one aha moment when LE said it must have been a murder because of the duct tape or if it was when Dr G said manor of death was determined to be homicide.

She had been charged with murder prior to the remains being found and the DP was taken off the table just prior to the remains being found and re-added early in 2009. Chloroform and decomp in the trunk were the reasons for the murder charges from the Grand Jury. jmo

Cindy knew she wanted George when she met him in the hospital, when he had a broken leg. She wanted to marry into the richest family in that town in Ohio, and that’s the kind of person she is. Casey was always weird. At age 12, she was very spooky looking even then. There is just so many layers of dysfunction to this family. Everyone knew that eventually the denial and dysfunction would lead to tragedy, but no one expected this to happen,” concluded Plesea.

http://www.canyon-news.com/artman2/...ng_The_Case_On_Casey_Anthony_Murder_Trial.php

What an interesting article! Thanks! :tyou:

HOLY MONKEY!!! Listen to Lee's taped interview with the police (starting @ 7 minutes)... he talks about Casey telling him how Cindy has always accused her of being an unfit mother and how Cindy told Casey that Caylee was a mistake - even though she was the best mistake she ever made, she was still a mistake!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNZHO2EnZRw&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪1 of 9 - Lee Anthony's Full Original Police Interview - New Audio Tapes - Casey, Caylee Marie‬‏[/ame]

I hope that Yuri, Sgt. Allen, every LE official associated with the case (including the dogs), Dr. G., Tim Miller, and RK (heck it would be great if Dr. Vass was there as well) would make it to the courthouse when the verdict comes in. All of Caylee's heros should be there that day. JMHO

PS- after seeing that video again, I can't help but wonder if there is ever justice "enough" for a murdered child.
I completely agree. I would love to see them all there. Their presense there would speak loud and clear for Caylee.

What an interesting article! Thanks! :tyou:

No kidding..You know .I (we) have read and seem so much graphic, horrendous ,unexcusable , unexplainable things in this whole mess. But my my heart practically stood still ,and my blood turned cold reading this..
So, very. Sad.

OMG that song !!!

I found this tribute someone made for Caylee on youtube and I was moved to tears. The song was so absolutely appropriate and it honors everyone that was looking for this precious girl. We've all been pulling for justice in this case. I just had to share it.

I am sending many good vibes to the SA and heartfelt prayers today as they prepare to speak for Caylee tomorrow.

The MSM seemed drawn to this case 's perfect storm of: hedonism, narcissism and family disfunction. I was drawn to the many examples of humanity: people working to find one sweet little girl. In the face of this horror, people banded together and trudged through the wilderness in the Florida heat looking for this baby. Now the SA team are the ones that are seeking Justice in this case. They can't bring Caylee back but they are giving her the voice she deserved years ago. When the Anthony's brought the media into this situation they unknowingly made Caylee everyones' child. Caylee will have the justice she desrves.

YouTube - ‪Caylee Anthony Tribute - I'm With You‬‏

If convicted, maybe we'll see a parade of Casey's childhood friends who'll testify. I'm certain Baez can find some that will show up and avoid mentioning mysterious loss of toys, clothes, piggybanks, lunch allowances, birthday money, or counting silverware.

He doesn't want to bring Mr. Shovel up and ask him, "So why don't you have good neighborly relations with the Anthonys." Not under oath.

I was wondering how many of them lost pets after ICA visited...

Don't you know it's going to be a sleepless night in Orlando for lots of folks tonight!

I have always wondered if the 9th was the real day of the fight ... because it was a date when they were first making reports in july that was in both CA and ICA's mind.

Then there was a glimmer of truth in CA's testimony that the 15th was special because she and ICA shared a moment after she and Caylee came back from the visit with Papa..... somehow i took it as CA thought that ICA "got it" and was coming around and yet they had very different ideas of how things were going to be, then when CA didnt watch Caylee that night, ICA moved forward with her plan to make CA sorry for not letting her go to Tony's to spend the night on the evening of the 15th.

I feel it was premeditated and she had a hatred of Caylee because she had moved to the center of the family as the source of fun & received all the attention.

I think all of us who are mommas feel that shift, I can recall joking myself that while people used to want pictures of me that after i had kids i just became the hands and back of head in photos others were taking of the baby. I loved it, but think a narcissistic type like ICA couldnt take it.

This is why after following this for these three years i do feel she is deserving of the DP, as she isnt the type to live a life behind bars with sorrow or regret for her actions - she would adapt, create new stories and relationships and go on enjoying her days behind bars. She needs to be drugged, taped up, stuffed in garbage bags and tossed in a swamp.

Or something like that .....

but things had been brewing and stewing in this family since early 2008, when she was cut off from the BofA account and Caylee was requiring more waking attention and talking more and showing preferences for CA over ICA and she couldnt take that. She wanted to hurt everyone who was no longer cow-towing to her and hurt them she did.

OH let me help you out here. KC needs to have three pieces of duct tape placed on her face covering her mouth and nose, then placed in two garbage bags, then placed in a laundry bag, and then thrown in the swamp for six months, during the months it rains, and all this needs to done while she is still alive. Then let her serve her sentence, wether it's LWOP or the DP.

Something else that hit me the other day while watching the news. Jose Baez looks remarkably like Hugo Chavez.
Yikes, he sure does!!!:eek:

1309500736-77.jpg

33069927018.jpg

Sorry to be running through this discussion - I don't know if anyone mentioned this. I heard JVM say earlier this morning that when HHJP denied the motion yesterday, ICA put her head down. I thought she was either trying to control her fear or her anger.

JVM said she was definitely praying and Ms Weintraub (SP) agreed then they both nodded sagely.

Sigh, can we say post trial interviews with Baez coming up?

She was reading from papers in her lap.

Within the previous link, there are segments of last night's show. I don't know if the whole show is posted yet.

Try this Suzi:

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/1983-video-mom-shot-kids-speaks-10620797

If this is the longer video about Downs, watch the smile after describing her daughter's death.

There is a KC video there also, but it is not up to date, it was a few weeks ago. It is funny at the end the ABC legal expert (forgot his name but his is ooh lala! to look at) says that the defense "almost has nothing to lose" if they put KC on the stand. That is the nice way of saying they blew it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay