2011.07.03 Defense (CM) Closing Arguments #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to play on the jury's sympathy saying Casey was only 22 and he's had shoes older than her. Caylee was only 2. :(

Mason: "What act? WHAT ACT?"

Nine jurors in unison: "The duct tape, <modsnip>!"

Sure she was well taken care of. Thank her grandparents, not her mother.

Funny if a juror threw something and hit him upside his head. You know that has crossed their mind.

****Quote of the day, above!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I hope they don't stop tonight, without the State' Rebuttal......It wouldn't be fair!!

So now they should disregard all of ICA's lying statements because those big bad old cops were yelling at her and berating her. No one forced her to lie CM!

Well that's been his "mantra" since he joined the DT , hasn't it?
(don't know why I'm posting; I'm not even listening....LOL)

Nothing except her skeletonized remains. Oh, and the smell of decomposition in her trunk while she was partying for 31 days.

UGH - --------- no trauma - loving mom - nothing as far as aggravated child abuse.

Is the fact that she wasn&#8217;t beaten regularly before the murder what changes it to manslaughter?

I still think sedating and going too far fits

He's going to try & end at an ackward point, & force the prosecution to start rebuttal, that's all he has (that & his ability to 'blah, blah, blah' the jurors)-Casey is saying, 'yeah, listen to this one'....

so in summation we can derive from these facts upon hearing the next case on the mysterious death of a child:

all we can be charged with is improper disposal of a body?

is he serious? :waitasec:

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Mason tried to make a joke about his shoes being as old as casey was when Caylee died.. Again not one juror cracked as much as a smile

I know, I know. I am not 100% convinced that Casey committed pre-meditated murder. That was the weakest part of the state case IMO + the lack of info on time/cause of death. They made reasonable arguments as to why Casey didn't plan this ahead of time. If I understood the TH the jury doesnt need to all agree that it was 1st degree premeditated murder but that they all just need to agree it was 1st degree premeditated or felony murder. After all of this I'm more inclined to believe Casey drugged Caylee so she could go party, she used too much and Caylee died. So if Caylee died because of that, it would encompass the felony child abuse charge. So that would be 1st degree felony murder, right? If I'm understanding that correctly I think the chances of 1st degree are pretty high. Never can tell and everything else in this trial has been off the wall.

CM, please don't talk about computers. Ever. The cops yelled at Casey in a tiny room. Yeah, I'm sure the jury is oozing sympathy.

I don't think that's premeditation though. As countless of lawyers and judge perry have stated: premeditation happens in the blink of an eye. The moment she put the second tape on, we were talking premeditation.

You have to go with the actual evidence as it was presented. Not with a desperate attorney's spin on that evidence, in a closing argument where he is allowed to say anything he wants about the evidence or the people who presented it and testified to it.

The jury took notes during testimony, they will be able to see the difference between what the testimony (the evidence) is and what the spin is.

I hope the jury can see the real truth here, there is only one person who did this, ICA :banghead:

My hubby, who NEVER takes naps, slept through all afternoon (since the jurors returned from lunch) of JB closing argument. Oh how I wish I could have done the same!

I knew he lied when he said it would be short! :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member