2011.07.04 State Closing Argument Rebuttal Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH is Cindy wearing Independence Day colors? Is she celebrating something????

Is it true that an Appeal could take years? And, wouldn't it be difficult to have the Verdict overturned, for a new Trial, given Judge P's record?

Ashton did fantastic, but did stumble on Kronk. I don't think it's that big of a deal though, because Kronk is not so very important in the trial, IMO.

Agreed. Kronk is a red herring. Hard to believe a rational person could buy into the wild DT theories about him, so focusing on him just gives those wild theories more credence. By admitting that he must have lied, essentially, and claiming that the SAO knew it, then just as quickly brushing it aside as irrelevant, JA basically put RK in a spotlight and said, "LOOK at me! I may be important after all!" But, I don't think it will amount to much either.

:cow:

LOL - I was just sitting here reading all the wonderful comments about Jeff Ashton before I leapt over to sidebar - and there is no sidebar right now? That is funny - usually I get my fingers slammed in the door because I don't want to miss reading what every poster has said in the thread....

What I am puzzling over is why JA would say that ICA gave her chloroform "so she wouldn't suffer", then taped her nose and mouth to kill her. What part of doing that shows she didn't suffer? Seems like he was trying to soften her actions...
Please explain if I misheard or am mistaken..:waitasec:

I thought he said "if you believe that ......" Just trying to cover all the different expanations.

I'm going to have to catch up later as I need to go and do the school run now. Hopefully I won't miss too much.

GRRR - have a new wifi, lost internet connection just after JA was talking about VASS, of course they have no 24 hour or even after 5 support, finally unplugged the dang thing and am back on. PLEASE TELL ME I DIDN'T MISS LDB.

I thought Baez made one good point. Which was the chloroform search. I could even see myself searching if I went to a friends page and read the "win her over" photo. However, searching and then chloroform being found actually in the trunk are totally two different things. I was under the impression that Casey never searched for these period, and admitting to doing it also threw her under the bus to the "shovel", "neck breaking" "household weapons" as well. I think the explanation in itself has done more harm than good after much thought of it.

I'll always believe that some of that searching was because at some point she thought about killing one or both of her parents. I honestly believe at some point she thought about killing her mother - and settled on Little Caylee because it was easier. Once she was rid of Caylee, she then could be rid of her mother also.

I hope state brings up the fact defense wants to blame everybody but Casey (Geroge ,Kronk,Caylee herself) Bring out Casey lied if this was a drowning as DT said then why didn't she tell LE from day one...a I remember they asked her if this was an accident gone wrong..she said no Cayle was taken by the nanny..

That's what I have been hoping also!!!! I also love to hear and watch him speak.....ahhhhhhh...I am Yuri fan all the way!!!!

I should have clarified that I would buy any book about Caylee NOT written by anyone in the Anthony family. :rolleyes:

I'm not happy with JA's closing today. Not good IMO.

LDB will save the day. I imagine we'll see the video of Caylee.

GRRR - have a new wifi, lost internet connection just after JA was talking about VASS, of course they have no 24 hour or even after 5 support, finally unplugged the dang thing and am back on. PLEASE TELL ME I DIDN'T MISS LDB.

No, she's up at 10am

HOME RUN ASH...HOME RUN!

IOW that he would have said...even if it was a drowning...while unattended possibly due to ICA texting on computer...it could be felony murder.

National Inquirer first reported that a fellow inmate of ICA said that ICA is pregnant and wants to tell the court the news, possibly so they will feel sorry for her.

ICA says she was engaged in hanky panky with a prison guard, is telling people she is a couple of weeks....

Why does this not surprise me?

Didn't Susan Smith get caught having sex with a guard?

Dear Lord Jesus, say it isn't so! CA will be over the moon and try to raise another one...oh nonono.

Linda will

They can only bring the tattoo up if Baez/Cheney had it in the defense closing. I didn't see the whole thing so I'm not sure if they did or not.

I feel like the defense tried to come in and muddle things up so badly that people's heads were just SPINNING, and the prosecution is just like a breath of fresh air....untangling all the snarls and making sense. I thought the comparison of the expert's testimonies was a brilliant tactic. PLEASE let the jury see it this way too. :rocker:

National Inquirer first reported that a fellow inmate of ICA said that ICA is pregnant and wants to tell the court the news, possibly so they will feel sorry for her.

ICA says she was engaged in hanky panky with a prison guard, is telling people she is a couple of weeks....

Why does this not surprise me?

Didn't Susan Smith get caught having sex with a guard?
Yes. Susan Smith confessed when they were investigating whether she had been beat up or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak