2011.07.04 State Closing Argument Rebuttal Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
Some in jury can believe premeditation, others felony murder but still have consistent 1st degree verdict. Hurts defense. #caseyanthony
1 minute ago

National Inquirer first reported that a fellow inmate of ICA said that ICA is pregnant and wants to tell the court the news, possibly so they will feel sorry for her.

ICA says she was engaged in hanky panky with a prison guard, is telling people she is a couple of weeks....

Why does this not surprise me?

Didn't Susan Smith get caught having sex with a guard?

Who the heck would go near her?! No one in their right mind would mess with her and all her lies. That's not just playing with fire, it's diving right in it!

The carp the media comes up with is pretty amusing.

I hope the "You are my sunshine" video comes in at the end...I wanted to post the rest of the lyrics in case you have not heard the rest, they are disturbing and profoundly sad if you think of this case...

You Are My Sunshine
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away

The other nite, dear,
As I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms.
When I awoke, dear,
I was mistaken
And I hung my head and cried.

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

I'll always love you
And make you happy
If you will only say the same
But if you leave me
To love another
You'll regret it all some day;

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.

You told me once, dear
You really loved me
And no one else could come between
But now you've left me
And love another
You have shattered all my dreams;

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.

My song for ICA --- (Johnny Cash) - God's Gonna Cut You Down

I was thinking about Cindy while I was working today. As nurses, we are now in court on a constant basis from all the lawsuits filed. After watching the CCO from Gentiva and her supervisor testify and reviewing her testimony, I really think Cindy has destroyed her nursing career. Who is going to hire her when the defense can pull up this trial and how she perjured herself and how she admitted to falsifying work documents?? At first I felt sorry for her but then I wanted to kick her in the tail. Not only has she lost caylee and casey, maybe george and probably lee, but she has probably lost her career as well. I hate ICA. She has destroyed so much.

Maybe she's just tired, already knows what JA is saying, and ready to get on with deliberation.
It's like you and my sister share a brain, lol.

She said Ashton convinced her of premeditation yesterday and she thought Baez was a snake oil salesman and full of crap, and was surprised other lawyers gave him rave reviews.

I'm glad he explained why the state didn't call RK. It helps me make sense of RK's story, and his character. He's still a hero for finding Caylee, though.

Hey folks - maybe Juror #5 was shrugging when Ashton was speaking because she was agreeing with him and saying in her way - I agree - I don't know why Baez said the things he did either. In fact who knows why he was saying them.....

I really appreciate how JA talked about George. After all he has been through, he deserved a little rebuttal on his behalf.

I sincerely hope that Linda brings Caylee back to life with her closing. I really would love for the jury to see her last video, but if not, Caylee needs to be talked about as a thriving child before her death and not a skeleton after her death.

My prayers to Linda. She's a mother and I am sure this closing will be tough. I know they are ALL very tired.

Why is Lee not there? Did the family forget to tell him that closing arguments were yesterday and today? Intentionally leaving him out? Hope not. He'll have a hissy fit.

I CANNOT wait until LDB comes on - I bet there won't be a dry eye in the house

I've got my Kleenex ready- get your quick!

The more time LDB has the better. *sigh*:blushing:

This is so exciting to be able to hear the awesome closing by Jeff and the one I'm sure Linda will present, and know we never again have to listen to Baez spin the truth!!

I think Jeff hit a home run! Now it's your turn to bat, Linda!

BobKealing: #JeffAshton just told me how relieved he is. "Last night was one of those wake up every hour nights."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove