2011.07.07 Media's Motion for Release of Juror Names

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
]Looking at the way many people have behaved, I will not be surprised if the jury or Casey are harmed.[/B] Releasing juror names does not mean they will speak. They can decline afaik

bbm

So, what has anyone done besides speaking out of their outrage in the verdict? Has anyone actually done anything besides exercising their rights to free speech to these Jurors job?

Even the protesters outside the court house were peaceful today, the Anthony's home has been peaceful, etc. Just give me something that you can actually prove to me that has happened to warrant such a fear.

bbm

So, what has anyone done besides speaking out of their outrage in the verdict? Has anyone actually done anything besides exercising their rights to free speech to these Jurors job?

Even the protesters outside the court house were peaceful today, the Anthony's home has been peaceful, etc. Just give me something that you can actually prove to me that has happened to warrant such a fear.

Peaceful- TODAY

Other days- terrible!

I dont like the oh we will just assume nothing will happen. There is a REASON Perry used the word "filet" more than once.

bbm

bbm I believe I did. I wasn't watching court today, no access. I understand you don't share my opinion. I think Casey and the jury are in serious and possibly grave danger. JMO

bbm

So far nothing. Local news has reported nothing.

Everyone could contact their legislators about changes to jury selection, or making it illegal for jurors to receive payment after a verdict.

He will eventually release them but it could be some time before he does. It's just a matter of time. I still say most will be outted or out themselves before that time. We know #6 was looking for 50k to talk so he will prob be the next one he speaks out.

#6 is asking for six figures now. Juror #3 has won herself a Disney trip for her family..
I want to know who these people are and what criteria they used to come up with this miscarriage of justice.

You're welcome to live in your totalitarian world.
But for me I want to live with an open system of government ,which is subject to the oversight of citizens.
If this verdict is just it should be open to scrutiny.
I have been waiting since July 2008 for justice for Caylee Anthony and on behalf of Caylee I want to know who these people are who made this decision about her murderer and why.

Please dont get personal and assume things about me because I dont want people hurt or killed over setting Casey free. ty

I am interested as well in knowing if the juror's were advised about this issue.

#6 is asking for six figures now. Juror #3 has won herself a Disney trip for her family..
I want to know who these people are and what criteria they used to come up with this miscarriage of justice.

That disgusts me. Why should we reward someone for doing their public duty?

bbm

It might not be so peaceful if Casey had been released today. I do hope they release in secret before the 13th. I don't want to see emotions overtaking someone who will then ruin their own life and those of their families, etc...

On a second note it is public information and if you close this case then that opens others to have invisible jurors.
I think we need to hire porfessional jurors!!!!!! UGH.

I think that a mix would be good. Some pros and some pulled from a jury pool. The pros to make sure that they understand and follow the law, the private citizens pulled from a pool to keep the pros honest.

I am interested as well in knowing if the juror's were advised about this issue.

I'm sure they knew this, as this is how Florida has operated for as long as I can remember (30 years), if not more. Everything is public here.

If you live I Florida, I can search jail records, tax records, find out how much you paid for your house, on your property taxes, what permit you got on your home, your marriage certificate, your mortgage docs, any arrest records, liens, restraining orders, any judicial orders against you. The list goes on and on and you would have to live under a rock to not know this.

It might not be so peaceful if Casey had been released today. I do hope they release in secret before the 13th. I don't want to see emotions overtaking someone who will then ruin their own life and those of their families, etc...

On HLN today I have felt like they are counseling viewers, telling them to move on, and do something positive. This has been so bizarre.

Peaceful- TODAY

Other days- terrible!

I dont like the oh we will just assume nothing will happen. There is a REASON Perry used the word "filet" more than once.

I bet that amongst the people protesting outside the courthouse you would find the same fifty people that were outside the A's house. Crime groupies.
When JVM came on this am the first person she interviewed was Kalani Bowles -seen here on the day Caylee's remains were found,with River Allen aka Cruz aka Holloway.... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRqbNvuEzZk"]YouTube - ‪River Cruz and George Anthony‬‏[/ame]

I'm just surprised Joy Wray wasn't there..

I'm sure they knew this, as this is how Florida has operated for as long as I can remember (30 years), if not more. Everything is public here.

If you live I Florida, I can search jail records, tax records, find out how much you paid for your house, on your property taxes, what permit you got on your home, your marriage certificate, your mortgage docs, any arrest records, liens, restraining orders, any judicial orders against you. The list goes on and on and you would have to live under a rock to not know this.

JME, I have lived in "sunshine" as well, and many people did not understand how it worked, and what and when information is released. Outside of this, I am still interested in knowing if the jury was advised.

I have not stated what I think is fair or what I think SHOULD be done.

I have simply stated that the law says juror info if pubic knowledge.

Something wrong with the picture or not, we can not pick what laws we will follow and what laws we will say no to just because we do not agree with them.

You've got a funny lil typo in here. ;)

Let's stop throwing the words Lynch Mob around here;
Lynch mob - a mob that kills a person for some presumed offense without legal authority
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lynch+mob
Lynch mob - (plural lynch mobs) group of killers: a group of people who capture and hang somebody without legal arrest and trial
http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861738853/lynch_mob.html

This is a common accusation made against individuals who exercise their first amendment right to free speech in order to silence them. Those who are personally uncomfortable about publicly speaking out against an injustice or offense typically hurl this accusation at those individuals who not only take time out of their lives, but have the courage to speak up and out.

With that said... I completely respect the privacy of the jurors who do not want to cash in on this - their names should remain private. As for those jurors who have CHOSEN to accept gifts and/money in exchange for interviews, hired publicist', etc., with that choice comes the loss of their privacy - they've made that choice themselves! JMO~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member