2011.07.07 Media's Motion for Release of Juror Names

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that a mix would be good. Some pros and some pulled from a jury pool. The pros to make sure that they understand and follow the law, the private citizens pulled from a pool to keep the pros honest.

I really like your idea. I've heard people talk about professional juries before but never a mixed lay and professional. Thanks.

. I completely respect the privacy of the jurors who do not want to cash in on this - their names should remain private. As for those jurors who have CHOSEN to accept gifts and/money in exchange for interviews, hired publicist', etc., with that choice comes the loss of their privacy - they've made that choice themselves! JMO~

I agree completely.

Nevermind!!! I see it!!!!
:crazy:

#6 is asking for six figures now. Juror #3 has won herself a Disney trip for her family..
I want to know who these people are and what criteria they used to come up with this miscarriage of justice.

Next he'll want a million. lol Can't wait until next big trial. Instead of people looking to avoid JD people will be fighting to get on the case for big money that can be made after it. I hope this trial ends in a change that jurors can't profit. Looks like that is needed now.

At The End Of This Trial .. As With Every Single Trial That Occurs Every Day In Every Court Across Our Nation.. The Judge Clearly Stated The Jurors Could Remain Anonymous.. Only A Court Of Law Can Change This.. { But I Am Sure They Thought This Unlikely } Even The Wording.. It Makes It Sound Like They Themselves Might Have To Appear In Court And Give Their Name. Not That A Court Could Just Have Their Names Released. Anyways All This Will Do Is Say To Future Jurors Is If You Sit On A High Profile Case And Do Not Find Guilty If That Is Public Opinion.. We Will Get Your Names Anyway.. Bad Move In My Opinion. This Would Never Happen In A State Where Fatalities Are Not Public Record.. And Media Reports Are Extremely Limited.

PS. The Media Would Be Seeking These Jurors Out No Matter What Their Verdict.. The Jurors ,, The Media,,EVERYONE,,Knew That From The Get Go. Jurors Have Handed Down Guilty Verdicts And Defendant Was Sentenced To Death.. The Jurors Made Money In Those Cases As Well.

I am conflicted . I would hate for future jurors to feel they have to make decisions based on pubic opinion and threats,but if an exception is made for this jury every FL juror will want anonymity.
What I would like to see is a law that makes it illegal to make money on anything resulting from your jury duty. That just paves the way for stealth jurors with an agenda.

BBM I absolutely and whole-heartedly agree with that. I think that should be part of Caylee's Law and I have expressed that to Governor Perry and to my state rep and senator.

As to the rest, the Sunshine laws in Florida are there because of several incidents years ago with our government and the law has importance to protect us from that. I don't know how to change that so that only names of jurors are held confidential. It's a big toss up. I think there are relatively few high profile cases where it would matter and we need to depend on our LE to protect them in that case. The Sunshine laws really need to be kept in place just as they are.

bbm I believe I did. I wasn't watching court today, no access. I understand you don't share my opinion. I think Casey and the jury are in serious and possibly grave danger. JMO

After watching that feeling I would agree. JP certainly sounded very concerned. He also mentioned body parts being fed to piranhas several times.

So far alternate #14 did a media tour, #3 did the Disney abc dance and #2 talked to a newspaper anonymously. #6 has an agent and wants $. Am I missing anyone? That leaves other people. If they aren't running after the media I think they have a right to not be afraid of dismemberment. It's public record but the case is done. If there is some kind of jury misconduct as suggested here, JP and the court would figure that out.

There is no reason the names have to be released now when the everyone is so angry, emotional and threats are being made. JP made a point about possibly giving the jurors police protection and who would pay for that.

This is a potentially volatile situation. Hopefully things will calm down and things will be fine. Don't light the fuse on the powderkeg. douse it with water and let it sit for a while.

Being extra cautious seems prudent. Vigilantism and violence won't bring justice for Caylee.

If you feel some truth has to come out, it will still be there in August. The media doesn't care about Sunshine laws or getting justice. This is a hot story they can make money off of.

At The End Of This Trial .. As With Every Single Trial That Occurs Every Day In Every Court Across Our Nation.. The Judge Clearly Stated The Jurors Could Remain Anonymous.. Only A Court Of Law Can Change This.. { But I Am Sure They Thought This Unlikely } Even The Wording.. It Makes It Sound Like They Themselves Might Have To Appear In Court And Give Their Name. Not That A Court Could Just Have Their Names Released. Anyways All This Will Do Is Say To Future Jurors Is If You Sit On A High Profile Case And Do Not Find Guilty If That Is Public Opinion.. We Will Get Your Names Anyway.. Bad Move In My Opinion. This Would Never Happen In A State Where Fatalities Are Not Public Record.. And Media Reports Are Extremely Limited.

PS. The Media Would Be Seeking These Jurors Out No Matter What Their Verdict.. The Jurors ,, The Media,,EVERYONE,,Knew That From The Get Go. Jurors Have Handed Down Guilty Verdicts And Defendant Was Sentenced To Death.. The Jurors Made Money In Those Cases As Well.

BBM - This is just not true. Jurors' names are public information. That's the LAW.

#6 is asking for six figures now. Juror #3 has won herself a Disney trip for her family..
I want to know who these people are and what criteria they used to come up with this miscarriage of justice.

TA after all the blather about the "sacred duty" and how they represent the public, etc, I'd really like to know what is going on in their heads. I feel we have a right to know.

Do not know of a better thread to ask this... seems that there is a Mug Shot of Juror #3, Jennifer Ford out there... does anyone know what her prior charges were - assuming it is legitimate mug...

BBM - This is just not true. Jurors' names are public information. That's the LAW.

If They Are Public Record Why Are 3 Media Stations Petitioning To Have Their Names Released ? The Media Could Just Go Look Up The Names .. Since It Is The Law.

If They Are Public Record Why Are 3 Media Stations Petitioning To Have Their Names Released ? The Media Could Just Go Look Up The Names .. Since It Is The Law.

Because the judge put a temporary ban on the release.
They must petition the court to have the ban lifted.

And, the judge has said he will release the names when his cooling period has ended.

there must be good reason to delay the release of the names, and right now there is. it is just a question of when. not if.

Do not know of a better thread to ask this... seems that there is a Mug Shot of Juror #3, Jennifer Ford out there... does anyone know what her prior charges were - assuming it is legitimate mug...
She Has A Prior DUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member