2011.07.07 Release Date Announced: Casey Will Be Released Wed. 7/13 or is it 7/17?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sounds more like a not so clever attempt to keep the real release date quiet. I highly doubt Judge Perry made a mistake with the calculation. So they will get her out of Dodge on the 13th.

Release date has been moved to July 17th.

This is a trick to give her a four day head start on the lynch mob.

<<<not being snarky, or asking for vigilante justice!!! Just my opinion on what is going on>>>

ETA: When I was working with the IP, and Earl Washington Jr was released, there was no lynch mob, but LOTS of publicity because he was the first (and still only) death row prisoner to leave prison alive in VA and they even lied to the lawyers about his release. They were all at the prison, and Earl and I were relaxing together back at his new place for hours before they finally got there. I had to call them and tell them that he would not be leaving the prison because he was already with me.

Sounds more like a not so clever attempt to keep the real release date quiet. I highly doubt Judge Perry made a mistake with the calculation. So they will get her out of Dodge on the 13th.

the jail recalculated the time not Judge Perry.. I believe she won't be released on the 13th..........

This is a trick to give her a four day head start on the lynch mob.

<<<not being snarky, or asking for vigilante justice!!! Just my opinion on what is going on>>>

first thing that went through my head too.

but - they cannot falsify jail records. when she is released they must update their systems accordingly.

Hmmmm...It could be a ploy to trick the media and crowds from being there on the Wednesday. We'll see.

first thing that went through my head too.

but - they cannot falsify jail records. when she is released they must update their systems accordingly.

This is true. But updating the jail records and what they report to the media don't necessarily have to be the same thing. Not everyone is an expert sleuther and most won't watch the jail records online.

This is true. But updating the jail records and what they report to the media don't necessarily have to be the same thing. Not everyone is an expert sleuther and most won't watch the jail records online.

the media/ public WILL FIND OUT!!!!!

I know we sure will ;) but I don't know if the MSM watches the jail records. They knew today when she was at the courthouse and back in jail... so who knows.

Actually, doesn't OC have a system where you can sign up for alerts if someone is released from custody?

It's like a public safety thing. Maybe it's time to sign up. ;)

I just saw it announced on Anderson Cooper also, new release date is Sunday, the 17th.

Amazing, just 2 days over the 3yr mark.
She was arrested on July 16th, right??

I was also just sitting here before Anderson Cooper announced this, and wondered if Casey hasn't already been released to try to avoid the media.
And, maybe this is what the new release date is, just a smoke screen.

<modsnip>.

the media/ public WILL FIND OUT!!!!!

Of course they will find out. But not necessarily in time for them to assemble as they could when you give people a week's notice. I'm just saying, it is a possibility that they are throwing this out there. I don't know. We will see.

I don't believe it. I think they put that out to the media to keep her safe and will release her on the 14th, 15th or 16th. The 13th people will still suspect and the 17th is what they told people as a cover. They will sneak her out in the 3 days in between. And honestly, as disgusted as I am to hear that she is getting out at all, I think it is for the best that they sneak her out. I disagree with the verdict, but no good will come of just letting her out into the general public and media circus.

"Originally, it was announced that Anthony had been jailed since October 2008 while awaiting trial but was given credit for 1,043 days, making her release date Wednesday. Late Thursday, however, Orange County Corrections officials say they recalculated, making her release date Sunday, July 17."

Source: Casey Anthony will be released from jail July 17

I would be surprised if she is released on any public given date. The jail will provide for her release when they feel it is safe to do so.

If you recall they moved her for jury selection 2 days before. They are going to do it when they see fit and with little fanfare. Probably in the middle of the night.

And they didn't change the record in Vinelink until the morning of jury selection. There are ways to beat the Vinelink identification system. If I were a betting woman I'd bet they will do it again/

I think given the nature of the case the safety of the individual would trump jail records....does anyone think they will announce the time they will let her go with a sign around her neck like Bruce Willis in Die Hard 3?

Maybe it is the 17th.....but it would appear that they are trying to avoid any issues.

OK, has anyone at all anywhere explained how the heck Casey gets out of Florida's "85% minimum" rule, which EVEN IF these sentences are concurrent with the check fraud sentence (and why is that??) should have required her to serve another 6 months or so NO MATTER HOW MUCH "incentive time" she was awarded?:banghead:

I agree, it is just to create confusion. JB must be making this plan. All for her protection i'm sure. I guess it will keep someone out of jail, you know, the person that planned on vigalanty justice. No need for her to be able to take another soul down with her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back