2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't want it back. The smell would haunt them. I am sure it still smells quite bad.

You have to have a soul to be haunted, IMO. These... uh, people sold their collective souls about three years ago.

I forgot where I heard it now ... but one of the news channels (television) said that George and Cindy had just signed to do an interview with a LARGE news show, or something like that. Anybody have anymore information on that?

This has been said before by many, I know, but I TRULY don't understand why anyone gives one single hoot what her parents have to say now. I have zero interest in even clicking on any links about them, let alone watch them in another insincere interview.

Atty:...t balance has to go t community...there r a lot of benefits, u can uncover juror bias...

I am seriously becoming concerned that the verdict is going to result in some violence against someone, a juror, on of the Anthonys, a defense team member or even Casey herself when she gets out.

(it's why I was glad the DT didn't walk past the protesters when they went to lunch). This is raw, people are upset and some unbalanced people may feel vigilantism is justified. It never is. Not even against Casey.

I would never want my name or any info released. Had a few cases here, drug cases, where jurors were months later attacked on the bus. There are worse issues. Just a different society now, things need to be changed.

Yes, everything has changed so quickly, in terms of lack of privacy, that our system hasn't yet caught up. This is frightening.

I would never want my name or any info released. Had a few cases here, drug cases, where jurors were months later attacked on the bus. There are worse issues. Just a different society now, things need to be changed.

I have been called for jury duty three times and sat on two civil cases. I will admit that both of the trials were one day trials.

Nevertheless, I am glad my information was not made public.

People are weird nowadays! :rocker: lol

Can someone please provide me with a good link (not HLN-goes on a break every 2 minutes) thanks.

I find it completely disingenuous that this media attorney claims to want the names of the jurors in the name of transparency. Bogus.

The media only wants the names of the jurors so they can hound them for a story. This attorney even admitted as much just now.

i dont feel sorry for juror #2. it was his duty to hold out for what he believed in. im tired of spineless people "caving" to pressure. it takes a strong peron to stand up for their belief. he could have told HHJP he felt intimated. TIME FOR A COURT ROOM MONITER TO BE PRESENT IN DELIBERATIONS AND A PROFESSIONAL JUROR AS THE FOREMAN

Because I am for fixing the system, I feel they were not given the choice to serve, DO NOT GIVE THEIR NAMES, having said that they should have given a press conf. behind a screen to explain the verdict. And this is why you should not be forced to serve jury duty. Remember when reading this I feel this jury let Caylee down, but another child should and could lose a life if release, and no one wants that.

HHJBP agrees with media attorneys that jurors names should be available. He has concerns, though. One of the jurors has indicated that that juror has very serious security concerns, that even before that juror left the courthouse, they had folks trying to contact them - that they had contacted relatives out of state - that people have contacted their family members, staked out their houses, following them around. It is no big secret that some people disagree with their verdict.

I talked to a Florida attorney friend of mine last night about the release of the juror list. There is nothing in the Florida Sunshine law list of exclusions that prevents the release. She could not find a specific item allowing it, though.

The list of potential jurors IS public, so from the descriptions of the jurors selected for the case, with enough research the identities of the jurors could be deducted. That is probably how the one whose family has been contacted was identified.

IMO the jury should be left alone. While we may not - and I certainly do not - agree with their decision, it was the one they made and is what will stand in this case. Since Florida law pretty much requires the release of their names under the Sunshine Law, I hope Judge Perry puts a hold on the list until the media frenzy dies down.

Media lawyer: Regarding anonymous jurors - in a small community, the jurors are known on site. Disclosure of this information is just an application of what has always been the law. Even when it's painful and we can understand the concerns, the vigilance of protecting the transparency of the process is important in understanding the verdict.

This can uncover juror bias and intentional misrepresentation during jury selection.

An important thing she noticed was that the jurors who spoke indicated that they didn't believe GA due to the allegations of sexual abuse even though his honor instructed them not to.

The jury cannot remain anonymous with no accountability. If your identity is known, then there is a potential that people can question. You don't have to answer, but it is the right of the community to ask the question.

Trial participants - all of them - jurors, witnesses - have to be accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230