2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this just another attorney getting her 15 minutes of fame?

I don't think so at all! She represents a few publications and, frankly, appears to be a bit nervous in front of Judge Perry.

The secrecy and silence of the majority of jurors in this case is troublesome to me. Remember, also, that the jurors were spirited away without having to face the public who wanted to know, "Why? Why did you allow this young woman to get away with this horrific crime?" The Casey Anthony case has made international headlines for three years. Everyone wants to know how and why a jury rendered this verdict. I'm not a suspicious person by nature, but if the jurors never answer to the public, I will begin to wonder why they are being sheltered. jmo

Their identities are going to come out! Neighbours, relatives, co workers, employers..... MANY ways the beans are going to get spilled. GUARANTEED.
So, this really is a moot point.

I forgot where I heard it now ... but one of the news channels (television) said that George and Cindy had just signed to do an interview with a LARGE news show, or something like that. Anybody have anymore information on that?

No, but I saw a rumor that GA was seen at an airport gate, speculation that he was getting on a plane. I don't know if this is true.

The full names of these jurors should be released. I hope they are not harmed in any way but enough of protection for KC/Defense/jurors..How about protecting victims??????

I figured there was a reason he is still holding her hand so tightly.

Oh you betcha. She is the goose that laid the golden egg for him. He won't let her out of his sight. lol, how would you like to have to rely on her for your future income? I'll bet we all get a good laugh out of it when she fires him someday (soon).

I would never want my name or any info released. Had a few cases here, drug cases, where jurors were months later attacked on the bus. There are worse issues. Just a different society now, things need to be changed.

Is this just another attorney getting her 15 minutes of fame?

No - I don't think so. I think she's from the Sentinel (pls correct if wrong) she's argued there before - she reps media and let's face it, they're the one's who brought us all the documents etc. This is Florida - open records for good or bad

HHJBP: Once you get the names, what do you intend to do with them?

Media lawyer: We would reach out to see if the jurors would like to speak about the verdict.

HHJBP: Are you aware that we had 17 seats and offered and asked the jurors if they would like to come out and talk and they all declined - even the gentleman who talked and had people waiting at his home. We gave them packets with everyone's info for them to contact and we asked each of them whether they wanted to talk or not, and they indicated that they didn't want to talk, even the ones who ended up talking. Maybe trips to Walt Disney World with family loosens up the tongue a little bit.

Oh, come on, HLN! I want to hear what the judge has to say! Why run all the commercials right now???

I have mixed feelings.

I don't want anyone harming the jurors or threatening them, however I do believe the public has the right to know why such a decision was made by them.

If they had just given the interview that same day, this all wouldn't have happened, imo.

Now everyone wants a piece of them (media) and we know that one way or other, it will be found out who they are whether Judge Perry tells them or not.

:twocents:

Their identities are going to come out! Neighbours, relatives, co workers, employers..... MANY ways the beans are going to get spilled. GUARANTEED.
So, this really is a moot point.

I agree. I think Judge Perry is just trying to stall until the "mob mentality" dies down.

Judge: r u aware we gave them packets, whether wanted to talk or not talk, they indicated they didn't want to talk, even t ones u mentioned, ...

Maybe trips to Walt Disney World with family loosens up the tongue a little bit.

Did JP really say this?!l ol

Will the media trucks be sitting in front of the homes of jurors when we wake up tomorrow morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove