2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, am incredibly...disappointed...that ICA is basically getting a "walk."

However...those who are calling for horrible things to happen to the family, GA and CA in particular, are way out of line. Something horrible already has happened to them: their beloved granddaughter was murdered. Whether you like them, hate them, believe they lied... all of that is irrrlevant. Their baby girl is dead, and that is more than enough "horrible" for anyone to endure.*

Just my opinion.

This, all of it. Justice for Caylee is not hurting or wishing harm on her grandmother or "JoJo"...or even her mother. The best thing anyone can do is ignore Casey when she gets out. Karma exists. No one needs to help it along.

OMG there's some guy in front of the courthouse with a sign that says will you marry me. :floorlaugh:

The A's (IMO) are just as culpable here. No one is going to file anything. They have their precious casey back.

Well they can have her. And they can keep her. Until of course she kills one of them.

What is the big deal with her hair? Who cares how she wears it? I think she wore it up or back in trial because she could not stop playing with it...

Because it is all a farce. She was playing a part, and imo it worked.

I love RH,but I do not agree with that-The book will be all lies...AGAIN!

Also, based on her letters and internet postings she is a terrible, boring, inarticulate, self-obsessed and cliched writer, so any book she wrote would not only be mendacious it would be a dreary slog to get through.

Cut yourself some slack

Feel what you feel. Exhaust it. And after a while, you'll realise that what you actually despise is a system which allows this to happen

She's a symptom of that system -- she's a pimple on the butt-cheeks of that system

After a while, you'll come right-side up and move on with your life. You won't be the same person as you were coming into this case. You're disallusioned. Your ideals have been shredded. Idealists such as you have a hard time in life. Ideals are one of, if not THE most expensive things in life, after all

And remember, 'anger' is defined as 'disappointed hope'

You hoped for justice. Your hopes were smashed. And that's where the anger was born

So take it easy on yourself. You wanted justice. You wanted justice to be seen to be done. Only then could you reconcile yourself to the waste of little Caylee's life. That makes you a decent person - a decent person who's been battered and bruised by a system which turns justice as we regard it, on its head

Treat yourself kindly, please. Don't judge yourself. You have a right to feel as you do and you have lots of company who understand how you're feeling

Thank you for that.

I literally haven't stopped crying since the verdict was read. I was so completely blindsided, as was (nearly) everyone else on this forum.

I feel that I, being a member of this society, have let Caylee down. I'm having such a hard time reconciling my intense emotional reaction and am so disgusted at having to be a part of this society that allowed this horrible travesty and injustice to occur.

I know from personal experience that grief has no limitations and I just have to let time and nature take it's course.

Thank you for your caring and insightful post. It does help. :blowkiss:

Looks like CNN is showing the garage bay inmates would leave through.

I just keep telling myself this...

What's done is done
There is no one at fault other than Casey Anthony
Nothing is going to bring Caylee back
Every day it gets a little better
I won't be buying any Casey Anthony products
I hope all those that have been affected by Casey Anthony in the past are protected and will not be tormented by her in the future - I really hopes she leaves those people in peace who want nothing to do with her

It truly bothers me to hear the TH discussing why she was not charged with obstruction of justice. Felony that carries a sentence of 5 years for each count. They said she could have done 20 years on that, :( I think this whole thing would have been easier to swallow knowing she was sitting in jail for 20 years instead of this!

Also, based on her letters and internet postings she is a terrible, boring, inarticulate, self-obsessed and cliched writer, so any book she wrote would not only be mendacious it would be a dreary slog to get through.
That is what ghost writers are for ...

Wow, JVM looks like she's melting in that Orlando heat! :eek:

The prosecution figures are ICA should get credit for 1043 days, meaning she still has 417 days left to serve. I still don't get that... what about the check charge sentence? Wasn't that one and a half years?

She received time served for the check charge when she was convicted on that.

That's time served, though, it doesn't include the "gain time" which they will receive from the jail. If she were to get 12 per 30, then she could be out today, but I thought I heard 10 per 30.

BUT she has to serve at least 85% of her sentence.....

so which comes first?

InSession In Session

@InSession's Ryan Smith will interview George & Cindy Anthony's attorney Mark Lippman in the 11 oclock hour! So tune in to get the scoop!

Nope, refuse to watch, I will not watch and don't care about this family anymore...:banghead:

I just heard Judge Alex thinks ICA will stay where she's at until at least December...her time served would start on Oct 14, 2008 but a year of that was used on the check fraud convictions...I don't believe ICA will leave jail tonight she's got some time to serve and I hope and pray they put her in general population....she needs to feel the wrath that's waiting for her.. She will never be truly free for that stigma of child killer will always be attached to her...It will be a matter of time before she re-offends..an alleged sociopath won't be able to help herself...JMHO

#CaseyAnthony court docs: Ordered to start paying court costs in $20 monthly installments starting 2-15-12. So far she owes &4618.00

by bobkealing via twitter 4:11 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsoul2 View Post
Here's what I think is going on. They socked it to her at sentencing today...she is returning to jail until the end of august when they will decide how much time is remaining after all she served and time for good behaviour etc.....here;s the zinger...the judge blew her off purposely in my opinion until the end of august so she will stay there until the other cases pending against her are heard, the prosecution aided in that as well, also, he fined her 4000$ and told her she can appeal his decision. He asked her if she can afford the appeal (knowing she can't) and also if she has the funds to pay the 4 grand. She said no, he said file bankruptcy. Bankruptcy means that you can only make a small income of money during the time you are under bankruptcy and the rest the gov't takes. So basically, whatever money she makes that's left, she will have to pay her other cases. They are basically going to financially drowned her and any future money she makes....the gov't put a lien on her money as well becuase she owes the irs. I think the prosecution and the judge will find a way to make her pay for this in some way

That may be the case, but what's stopping Jose from offering her the $4K to pay her fines? I'm sure he made a pretty penny from that interview with Barbara Walters. As for the tax lien, she'll be able to pay that off easily with money earned from her first interview or book pay out. IMO, I don't see her filing bankruptcy. The DT will continue to enable her and help her out in any way they can because they don't believe she's been treated fairly.

I thought HHJP was going to get back to us in an hour with the release date? Are we still waiting for that? If so, why did the DT leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr