2011.07.08 - Dateline NBC

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I want to hear what this juror has to say after he watches the videos of how she acted when they (the jurors) were out of the courtroom.

Me too. I would also like to hear what any of them have to say after hearing about some of the other evidence that wasn't allowed at trial - theft from Amy, theft from her mother, that she had Amy believing that the house was going to be given to her, the reason given for the break-up with Jesse, that the current bf told her he didn't want Caylee spending the night, that she didn't help look for Caylee when she was out on bail (or even talk about her), what Tim said about how the family acted when he had his team there......and even about the fight if Shirley Plesse(?) will say Cindy told her about it.

I always thought the day TL came in to testify that KC mustve hated her
awful clothes and librarian hairdo she had on :floorlaugh:

Its clear to see how vain she is. When she thought she was scot free she sure dropped the ruffled blouses and bun hair style FAST.

.....or a DH that insists a recorded (yes, he records it) episode of Swamp People trumps Dateline:loser:

LOL...my DH is watching that too. I can't complain too much. He was more than generous with the TV during the trial.

Can the aliens just destroy the Earth now? :sick:

LOL...or how about just pluck off the face of the earth at least 12 jurors, Casey & her Family Tree...I think they would make for a good experiment or two!:floorlaugh:

***(disclaimer: imo & the 12 jurors could be returned after seeing where the haywire occurred)***

Jeff Ashton also said that they could not verify the story of the fight the day before Caylee died.

The young male juror they had on said he felt ICA acted like a normal 23 year old. She wanted to party but her parents stepped in and watched Caylee. This is why it needed to be brought out that Cindy and George were not always available to watch Caylee and that Cindy didn't like ICA staying out late.

I don't think it was ever stated during the trial that her current boyfriend didn't want Caylee staying at the apartment. If it wasn't heard by the jurors it should have been.....this went to the root of the motive and seems to be 1 of the things the jurors felt was missing.

Yes. I don't like to criticize the state at all. I was so blown away by LDB and JA.....but they should have focused more on emotion...than science. I know the science was important, but in this "reality tv" world - people want drama. And D.R.A.M.A. that family had. Cindy's mom should have been able to get up on that stand and say "Casey hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee"....A better picture of that relationship should have been brought out. More testimony about Casey being jealous of Cindy with Caylee.
Of course, it is easy to Monday morning quarterback.

so they wanted the two things (motive and cause of death) that did not have to be proven.

too bad they didn't take a little more time to read over the instructions and evaluate all the circumstantial evidence..

ten hours of deliberations after six weeks of evidence... how sad

((sorry for the rant.. I am still upset and sick over the verdict and to hear their reasoning makes me even more sick))
Its not on here yet but I can hardly wait. I am beginning to think just by what you have posted that we know the jurors could barely write, and certainly did not value their 'notebooks' and now I am wondering if they could even read? Maybe thats why they didn't read the jury instructions.

Me too. I would also like to hear what any of them have to say after hearing about some of the other evidence that wasn't allowed at trial - theft from Amy, theft from her mother, that she had Amy believing that the house was going to be given to her, the reason given for the break-up with Jesse, that the current bf told her he didn't want Caylee spending the night, that she didn't help look for Caylee when she was out on bail (or even talk about her), what Tim said about how the family acted when he had his team there......and even about the fight if Shirley Please will say Cindy told her about it.

me, too. but it is too late:(

so they wanted the two things (motive and cause of death) that did not have to be proven.

too bad they didn't take a little more time to read over the instructions and evaluate all the circumstantial evidence..

((sorry for the rant.. I am still upset and sick over the verdict and to hear their reasoning makes me even more sick))

hitting thank you wasn't enough... i feel the same way! in fact, i work from home and haven't been able to work for the last 3 days! My heart hurts so much and knowing Im not alone makes me feel better!

Exactly. And my big rant...they say the LACK of evidence by the state evidently let the buy the Defense theory of drowning/molestation WITHOUT ANY evidence. I am still shocked. I have had a pit in my stomach all week. I was really worried about how I reacted to this verdict. But slowly, surely, I am swimming back up to the top.....

Its not on here yet but I can hardly wait. I am beginning to think just by what you have posted that we know the jurors could barely write, and certainly did not value their 'notebooks' and now I am wondering if they could even read? Maybe thats why they didn't read the jury instructions.

in in no way meant to insinuate they could not read or write... I just meant that, in my opinion, they did not give the instructions the proper weight in their decision.. and also did not fully consider six weeks of circumstantial evidence (re: ten hours of deliberations... with breaks thrown in there):twocents:

in in no way meant to insinuate they could not read or write... I just meant that, in my opinion, they did not give the instructions the proper weight in their decision.. and also did not fully consider six weeks of circumstantial evidence (re: ten hours of deliberations... with breaks thrown in there):twocents:

Agree. One juror who claims there was "very strong circumstantial evidence" yet this verdict was reached? It does appear, imo, that they didn't thoroughly understand the jury instructions. There also were several lesser-included options, besides what they convicted her of in providing false information to LE.

MOO

This young alternate juror is unbelievable. I think he was totally taken by our Miss Casey.

Says "I'm young, I like to go out," didn't see Casey as a party girl, just your average young girl.

Said "the 31 days were wrong, but THE LAW SAYS you can't go on emotion." Are you kidding me. It is not EMOTION that makes it wrong to not report your child missing for 31 days.

"There was no blood, there was no decomp in the trunk." Might have helped if they would have actually asked to SEE the trunk liner up close.

"Why would you use chloroform AND duct tape, doesn't make sense." I didn't know that EITHER ONE of them, either single or together, would make sense with a little child.

He liked Baez's style and Casey's body language seemed sincere.

Sounds to me he was more interested in Casey's hitting him up when she got out.

Was the young guy an alternate? I didn't hear for sure. He said that she seemed like a normal girl her age, that he didn't see a lot of abnormal partying. He did say that he liked Baez because he wasn't the typical attorney. He liked his presentation style. :waitasec: He said that he understood she liked to go out but that her parents stepped in for that - big problem there for not introducing evidence that showed it was a problem between Cindy and Casey.

The juror did not trust George either, found him evasive. I think he said that he didn't believe the abuse allegation, but he did say once you hear something it is in your head.

BBM
Yeah, and once people heard that the earth was flat and was the center of the universe. :banghead:

(Thanks, Malini, for sharing these details -- I missed the show, but hope to see it later, if it's available -- if I can stand to watch the whole thing...)

Not sure if any of you watched the 2nd case on dateline, about the girl in north carolina...wow. Now THAT case was full of reasonable doubt. Much, much less evidence and there was still a guilty verdict. Week long trial, 5 hour deliberations. You do the math. If this were casey's jury they would have deliberated about 30 hours.

I'm 30 minutes into it and both the alternate jurors said they couldn't convict ICA because the state did not show how Caylee died and they could not see why ICA would want to kill Caylee (motive). Without those 2 things they could not convict.

Also, the younger alternate juror said that he thought ICAs partying behavior was normal for a 22 year old. Oh, and that he thought she wasn't really into the partying. Also, didn't appear that she was a bad mother. Actually, she was a good mother.

I hope this turns around pretty quickly because I am thinking this juror did not hear the same evidence I heard....

BeagleMom

He did, he just didnt interpret it like you did.

These jurors didn't have the same exposure to pretrial publicity that you and the other board members have. You guys have sucked up every bit of pre-trial media coverage that you could, digested it, analyzed it, discussed, etc. The jury was chosen with the intent of excluding such jurors from the pool since they would partial.

The jurors, as they should have, based their decision on the evidence as opposed to their emotions and preconceptions as to how they felt Casey Anthony should have acted.

They came to a different verdict than I would have and indeed as you would have but they were the jurors not you, I or anyone else on WS.

Was the young guy an alternate? I didn't hear for sure. He said that she seemed like a normal girl her age, that he didn't see a lot of abnormal partying. He did say that he liked Baez because he wasn't the typical attorney. He liked his presentation style. :waitasec: He said that he understood she liked to go out but that her parents stepped in for that - big problem there for not introducing evidence that showed it was a problem between Cindy and Casey.

The juror did not trust George either, found him evasive. I think he said that he didn't believe the abuse allegation, but he did say once you hear something it is in your head.

If he was the same one I remember from a day or so ago he is Alt 4

This young alternate juror is unbelievable. I think he was totally taken by our Miss Casey.

Says "I'm young, I like to go out," didn't see Casey as a party girl, just your average young girl.

Said "the 31 days were wrong, but THE LAW SAYS you can't go on emotion." Are you kidding me. It is not EMOTION that makes it wrong to not report your child missing for 31 days.

"There was no blood, there was no decomp in the trunk." Might have helped if they would have actually asked to SEE the trunk liner up close.

"Why would you use chloroform AND duct tape, doesn't make sense." I didn't know that EITHER ONE of them, either single or together, would make sense with a little child.

He liked Baez's style and Casey's body language seemed sincere.

Sounds to me he was more interested in Casey's hitting him up when she got out.
Was he the guy standing out outside the courtroom with the sign that read"Will you marry me?" Cause he sounds like he is infatuated with Casey.

Was he the guy standing out outside the courtroom with the sign that read"Will you marry me?" Cause he sounds like he is infatuated with Casey.

Was he the one she was making goo-goo eyes at during trial? Yeah, go ahead and hit that. You'll be waking up with a choloroform headache and duct tape stuck in your hair.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back