2011.07.22-25 HLN & FOX (Weekend) News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she does come out of her hidey spot, I hope that the pressure is put on to tell who the real father of Caylee happens to be. IMO, this man needs to be identified and proven that something bad didn't happen to him. It's extremely odd that he has not been identified and that no one credible has come forward. It's also odd that there were no attempts to get state aid for the birth or afterward, plus no child support. There must be a reason that he couldn't be identified. Is the man alive or what happened to him. Casey NOT telling the truth about him, or identifying him also proved that she had no reason to believe that he or his family might have taken Caylee. The jury should have had that pointed out. She knew they hadn't but where is he?

I've wondered about this too. Is there an investigative reporter who'd be willing to do some background work on who Papa is?

Well, you could of said the same thing about Johnny Cochran right after OJ and how did that turn out? The dude became an immediate celebrity.

While the public felt the same about the not guilty verdict, that's where the similarity ends.
Johnny Cochran proved by this presentations that he was a brilliant lawyer - Baez bumbled through his case like that amateur he is, with HHJP giving him law and evidence lessons every step of the way. Huge difference.

Johnny's peers admired Johnny's ability, Baez peers were embarrassed and jeering at him throughout the trial.

While the public felt the same about the not guilty verdict, that's where the similarity ends.
Johnny Cochran proved by this presentations that he was a brilliant lawyer - Baez bumbled through his case like that amateur he is, with HHJP giving him law and evidence lessons every step of the way. Huge difference.

Johnny's peers admired Johnny's ability, Baez peers were embarrassed and jeering at him throughout the trial.

I agree. Cochran already had an established, excellent reputation before OJ.

I completely agree that Baez won't get a legal analyst job offer at all. He'll be lucky to get the next client.

Maybe there little <mod snip> spent it all on bras, sunglasses and beer at target? She should be ok once she can locate someone's checkbook though.. she is real good with those I heard...:floorlaugh:

Daft thought. If she didn't put in a forwarding address at the jail mebbe some of the checks are being returned to sender. Shame that.:floorlaugh:

Anyway, how is she cashing them? Who is floating this boat? Surely some eagle eyed bank teller could spot this?

Maybe we ought to send in a check for one cent.

I completely agree that Baez won't get a legal analyst job offer at all. He'll be lucky to get the next client.

I would think knowledge of the law would be a pre-requisite. If Baez proved anything, it's that he has no knowledge of the law and how it is applied in the future. I don't think the next Judge will bend over backwards and teach him like Judge Perry did.

Cheney Mason on Geraldo if anyone cares. Saying his wife is terrified. They have security in place.

Funny, but I can't imagine a phone call any more frightening than waking up and realizing you are Mrs. Cheney Mason.

Cheney Mason on Geraldo if anyone cares. Saying his wife is terrified. They have security in place.

In my opinion, if CM would just sit down and shut up.....he might not have as big a problem. Seems he likes to open his mouth and goad the public to anger.

In my opinion, if CM would just sit down and shut up.....he might not have as big a problem. Seems he likes to open his mouth and goad the public to anger.

Oh, I agree completely. If he doesn't realize he is goading the public with her "she is entitled" stuff, I'll eat my hat. He need look no further than his own inciting media statements if he is looking for the cause of media attention.

Repeatedly and arrogantly calling two thirds of the country stupid doesn't help his pathetic cause any. IMO

I've yet to hear anything that resembles threats. Harassment, maybe. Which is still not cool.

Networks gear most of their shows toward the youngest part of the market and may feel there is enough there to eventually do a show with Casey. From much of the programming on these days, I at least can tell they are not concerned as much about "grown-ups". And if they really want to to do it, they will probably be able to find sponsors, companies selling things to teenagers, etc. who don't really care about such things as boycotts.

Anyway, JMO, I am sure there are some people in the youth market here on WS, but probably not the majority. I think there will be an interview at some point, but probably not until after Casey either gives depositions or otherwise settles her civil disputes.

JMO.

Yes, we watched, DE. We also heard him say how KC is in a "safe place", yet they are taking in contributions from folks so that KC "can have food to eat.

I refuse to watch GR, but I wish I could have seen CM saying this. Could he have seriously been expecting to get some sort of sympathy? I'm quite sure it hasn't gotten so bad that they are having a hard time even feeding FCA's face, but oh how I would LOVE it if it was. :great:

Did GR cover anything else on his show, or is he still "stuck on Casey?"

Networks gear most of their shows toward the youngest part of the market and may feel there is enough there to eventually do a show with Casey. From much of the programming on these days, I at least can tell they are not concerned as much about "grown-ups". And if they really want to to do it, they will probably be able to find sponsors, companies selling things to teenagers, etc. who don't really care about such things as boycotts.

Anyway, JMO, I am sure there are some people in the youth market here on WS, but probably not the majority. I think there will be an interview at some point, but probably not until after Casey either gives depositions or otherwise settles her civil disputes.

JMO.

But I don't think the youth market is interested enough in FCA to care about her interview.

But I don't think the youth market is interested enough in FCA to care about her interview.

I guess I was hoping for the sake of society that most of the comments I have read on various other sites were written by younger people...:(

ETA: Not that it is a good sign for society if young people are responsible for some of the gibberish I've seen, either....

This was in today's news section. I started to watch the video but got interrupted by a phone call, I tried to watch it now but FOX seems to have removed it from their website. Did anyone happen to upload it to you tube? http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/geraldo/index.html
Thanks

--------VIDEO------7:15 minutes.

Casey Anthony Attorney Reacts to Verdict Backlash
Jul 25, 2011
Cheney Mason on threatening phone calls, client's future

Quote:
Geraldo---"what can you do about the threats---telling you to sleep with one eye open"?
Cheney---"well, you only need one eye to aim"...

--people from around the country sending her $$'s -----so she can have "food and spending money"...
--kc being villified unfairly --those people better get their own lawyers...

This was in today's news section. I started to watch the video but got interrupted by a phone call, I tried to watch it now but FOX seems to have removed it from their website. Did anyone happen to upload it to you tube? http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/geraldo/index.html
Thanks

--------VIDEO------7:15 minutes.

Casey Anthony Attorney Reacts to Verdict Backlash
Jul 25, 2011
Cheney Mason on threatening phone calls, client's future

Quote:
Geraldo---"what can you do about the threats---telling you to sleep with one eye open"?
Cheney---"well, you only need one eye to aim"...

--people from around the country sending her $$'s -----so she can have "food and spending money"...
--kc being villified unfairly --those people better get their own lawyers...

----i just watched part of it again 'angora' from the link in your post---still there.

( for whoever wanted to see cheney mention kc needing $$$'s for food---------that's at approx. the 6:00 mark..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24