DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
September 10, 2009

ALLYSON M. GEGGATT, PLAINTIFF,
v.
DAVID DEESE AND QUINCO ELECTRICAL, INC., DEFENDANTS.

ORDER

Allyson M. Geggatt ("Geggatt") brings the instant action against Quinco Electrical, Inc. ("Quinco") alleging sexual harassment in violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, 42 U.S.C. § 2000e et seq. ("Title VII") (Count VIII) and the Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992, Sections 509.092, 760.01-11, Florida Statutes ("the FCRA") (Count VI).

Geggatt also brings two claims of battery (Counts II & III) against both Quinco and David Deese ("Deese"), a claim of defamation (Count IV) against both Quinco and Deese, and a claim of negligent hiring and retention against Quinco (Count IX).*fn1

Additionally, Deese has brought counterclaims against Geggatt for defamation (Counterclaim I) and defamation per se (Counterclaim II). (See Doc. 22 at 3-5).

http://fl.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.20090910_0002155.MFL.htm/qx

Would you encourage anyone to donate to their foundations? General question being put out there. Anyone?

No and I'll tell you why. I'd want to see an accounting of every dime spent from the foundation. I don't think that is available and I don't donate to any foundation unless I know where the money is going for SURE.

However, they should though if they are banking their future on hand outs/donations from the public and/or anticipated success of book sales.

Well, I'll buy their book because I feel for them and I want to hear what they have to say in their book. And no, I don't agree. They shouldn't worry about how people feel about them.

I can see him doing it if he is very religious and into the church. Some church members are very forgiving. Doesn't mean we have to agree but I don't think this was a big deal for this man...just come spend a couple of days with us, join our prayer group, etc. I really don't think we are talking about a lot of money here. Just a few days away from everything that is going on. Mr. Deese may not even have a TV where they are staying.

Hey, I'd be all for it....couple of days, sun, sand, beach...relaxing....sign me up. lol

Both Mr Deese and the Anthonys move around in the same circles. Criminal defense attorneys :floorlaugh:

Cindy perjured herself. That the state has not brought charges does not alter this fact. When a person lies on the stand, they are quite literally an enemy of justice. When there is no truth, there is no justice.

That Cindy was OK with this, or that she did it because her child was on trial, merely means that Cindy's view of morality shifts depending on what she wants. Cindy would not like to live in a society where everyone acts like she does. Indeed, by lying on the stand, Cindy counts on the honesty and integrity of the legal process to give credibility to her lie. Is there a more loathsome act in the pursuit of justice?

Who could be surprised that someone who believes the justice system serves their own ends when it's convenient would be collecting money to tell their story?

I hope they enjoy their vacation. They have been through so much. <modsnip> they loved that lil girl more than anyone else.

I just read my horoscope...."after an exhausting week you need to just GET OVER IT." Should I listen? lol
o/t lol me too!!!

CANCER
me-Sometimes a good memory can be a curse
-- try to let go of the past and move on.

... avoid aggressively pursuing problem-solving right now . When significant blocks to progress are present, you may want to reflect and regroup - waiting for a better time down the road to engage in important strategy sessions. However, giving you renewed feelings of optimism...
There is a vital need to cut through obstacles ... Be prepared for a new round of cosmic skirmishes as well as good vibrations coming into manifestation during this weekend.
this is funny
Gemini
CA-A casual acquaintance has an opportunity for you.
Do it only if you have the time
You might want to buy a bigger address book, because you are going to gain a lot of new acquaintances today. New names and faces will be flooding your day, filling it with excitement and possibility. If you are interested in growing your social circle or expanding your career networking connections, this is going to be a banner day. But if you are fine with where you are and who is in your life right now, take in all this new energy for what it is and don't try to keep track:floorlaugh:

Virgo
GA-Today, helping a stranger will give you a glimpse of your true sense of purpose
Whether or not you've got to work today, you can expect some troubles with colleagues. Your energy is better spent on your own business than on internal struggles, so try to ignore the battles around you
(OLo)
__0

I'm just going to try and make myself believe that they have a rich uncle who came out of the woodwork and offered them his private jet and limo out of the kindness (and stupidity) of his heart. That way I can keep my dinner down tonight.

:loser::loser::loser::loser::loser:

The flight by a charter is actually cheaper and faster than say USAir which would go from Orlando to Charlotte, NC and on to Nassau for $700 plus. This flight is $350. It appears they were all traveling together so a limo makes sense. I always used a limo when I flew out of NYC while living in Connecticut. It was cheaper than leaving your car at the airport. If this man has a home there in Nassau it's not costing the A's or Mr. Deese anything for A's to join them. jmo

Besides , you would probably avoid those intrusive TSA screenings at that airport.

Would you encourage anyone to donate to their foundations? General question being put out there. Anyone?

Not in a million years.

I wonder if someone will buy their book on day 1, scan it, and put it online. One could probably discourage publishers and bookstores merely by suggesting such an action.

I personally don't care what they do, but if they didn't want attention their lawyer wouldn't be doing interviews everyday and telling people about the vacation. I think that is the part that bothers me the most, they could be a lot more quiet about what they are doing now. The media wouldn't chase them if they weren't keeping their names in the news by having their lawyer on TV whining about Casey and everything going on. I personally think they feed the media just as much as Casey and her lawyers.

I think that is my biggest problem too. They need to learn TACT. Limos don't spell tact to me. Blech!

Why do I have to keep telling you to knock off talking about other posters? Why?

I understand what you're saying, but this case has been such an amazing cluster that in the end, SA didn't even go after CA for perjury. They know the A's have been hurt enough.
So have the people of Florida.

Well, I'll buy their book because I feel for them and I want to hear what they have to say in their book. And no, I don't agree. They shouldn't worry about how people feel about them.

I have better things to do with my money. Buy a bottle of wine (ok...cheap wine) a good vegi meal or a day at the gym or a new plant that will grow and grow and grow unlike little Caylee was able to.
All kinds of things to do but read a bunch of hooey. MOO!

Are you saying that anyone who starts a foundation is doing it because they can't find a job and are hoping to live off the donations? Accepting a paid for trip to the Bahamas from a friend is hardly what I'd call jetsetting. It's a simple vacation for gosh sakes, they're as entitled as anyone else.

Nooo, not anyone. Just the one's who have their attorney make the following statement:

"The Anthonys plan to be the nonprofit’s officers and draw salaries because they are unable to work."

I personally don't care what they do, but if they didn't want attention their lawyer wouldn't be doing interviews everyday and telling people about the vacation. I think that is the part that bothers me the most, they could be a lot more quiet about what they are doing now. The media wouldn't chase them if they weren't keeping their names in the news by having their lawyer on TV whining about Casey and everything going on. I personally think they feed the media just as much as Casey and her lawyers.

It's not at all clear to me that Lippman announced the Bahamas trip. It's just as likely, if not more so, that WESH contacted him after seeing George and Cindy at the airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid