Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, they were from Pinellas county,

And, IMO, I'm not so sure that those 12 agreeing with your opinion actually makes that claim any stronger :rolleyes: Jus' sayin'

Funny thing is those jurors who did speak up all said the same thing... They felt KC was guilty just were not sure how she should be charged....and just never bothered to ask the judge for assistance. They were wrong about having to determine the time of death (sounds like something they remembered from a CSI episode to me) and what type of punishment would be appropriate. This confusion lead to a not guilty (because we can't figure it out) verdict. jmo

No, it was a Ryobi 2 cycle leaf blower. As I said, they did get in the car and drive away, after George got the car's plate number. George and Cindy did not respond or say a single word. They did nothing wrong.

RBBM

This is not true. Cindy did not appear to say anything, however George did. If you watch the video you can not hear what George is saying but you can see his mouth moving in response to the man with the camara as George goes to look at the back of the car. Cindy also appears to be using the video option on her phone as they are leaving to take photos of the folks that were recording them.

Apparently not :p -- I watered my plants, took the trash out, picked up my dry-cleaning..not a lot of progress, I agree but I'm still working on my check-list for the day :innocent:

And I showered, put my swim suit on, did some laundry, cleaned a closet...
but still had to return here & read while I dried off, while the clothes were washing,
and while waiting for the closet items to pick themselves up off the floor & neatly put themselves
back in the closet where they belong.

Now, off to get a badly needed manicure/pedicure, to the post office & grocery store.... and then the pool!

I did not mention where they were from. They were in the Orange County Courthouse, making a decision for the Orange County Court. And, when the decision actually counted, they found Casey Anthony NOT GUILTY. Regardless of what they say now.

Actually, they were from Pinellas county,

And, IMO, I'm not so sure that those 12 agreeing with your opinion actually makes that claim any stronger :rolleyes: Jus' sayin'

With the negative backlash they are receiving already, could you imagine what it would be if they came out now and said they all thought Casey was innocent? It's called damage control, actually, self preservation.

actually ... they could say NOTHING, including having their lawyer say NOTHING. Instead of having him do interviews and talking about how they are suing this person.. starting a foundation.. <trails off because there are just sooooooo many examples and so little typing space>...........

A very wise police officer in charge of public relations for our local police department gave me some wonderful advice when my butt was in a huge criminal pickle of my own making.

Mess up.. Fess up.. DRESS UP.

and I did... and while it wasn't pleasant...nor was I proud of my actions. I learned from them and people hated or loved me just the same. I lost some good friends..but learned who my real friends were.

At no time.. did anyone .. say to me... "well if you lie and you get caught lying .. and then tell more lies to cover that up.. then that's a pretty good way to do some damage control."

Mess up.. Fess up.. DRESS UP

pat

It's a double-edge sword, isn't it? We think GA and CA should just be left alone but CA is writing a book and what is it that sells books...publicity. It's part of the package and the A's know full well they have to play the game..... They've gotten quite good at it, actually. jmo

If in fact, the child was murdered, and didn't die in an accidental drowning.

Being the parent or grandparent of a murdered child and going through hell during a trial, does NOT allow you a free pass on your behavior.

Pat

RBBM

This is not true. Cindy did not appear to say anything, however George did. If you watch the video you can not hear what George is saying but you can see his mouth moving in response to the man with the camara as George goes to look at the back of the car. Cindy also appears to be using the video option on her phone as they are leaving to take photos of the folks that were recording them.
BBM

So she was taking pictures of them while they were taking pictures of her taking pictures of them?

Have I got that right?

Was this before or after having their attorney tell the media all about their new "foundation"?

:( Yikes, that is a scary thought to me...the government wanting to know how someone spends their money. I am assuming you don't mean because of the disability...I do agree that any foundations should be investigated, but otherwise, people are allowed to have wealth, as long as it is not income, if they are disabled.

Agree. SSDI is not means-tested. It is simply awarded because you have been determined to be disabled and unable to work as a result. The amount you get is determined the same as SSA benefits are...how long you worked, and how much you contributed to the system. If the gov't were allowed to look at assets, I'd be in trouble right now. I receive SSDI, however, my husband makes a decent salary, and as a result he can buy decent things. My benefits go a long way towards paying utility bills, etc., and without them our standard of living would not be as good. It saddens me to think some feel that people with disabilities are undeserving of the occasional meal out or vacation.

there are THOUSANDS of parents out there with children who have murdered others, including grandchildren and blood relatives as well as mass murders. SNIP
Being the parent or grandparent of a murdered child and going through hell during a trial, does NOT allow you a free pass on your behavior.

Pat

Respectfully snipped

Excellent post Pat/ wildchild1961

:thumb:

Neither murder nor accidental drowning gives you a free pass to commit character assassination or obstructing an investigation!:maddening:

BBM

So she was taking pictures of them while they were taking pictures of her taking pictures of them?

Have I got that right?

Was this before or after having their attorney tell the media all about their new "foundation"?

Yep, you've got it right. That's how they roll
in a backwards kinda way. :crazy:

....and if the child died in an accidental drowning... then they are even more messed up than I thought.. because this whole circus can be laid directly at their own doorstep and they are 100% responsible for their own mess and susequent situation. And we don't even want to get into how many tens of thousands, parents have handled that situation without generating these problems.

pat.

Fred Goldman is not really a good example.

In addition to winning the civil suit against OJ, Ron Goldman did evertything possible he could to make money off the death of his son. He went far and beyond what the Anthony's (to date) have done.

Fred Goldman: His family launched a Web site, dontpayoj.com, which urged consumers around the country to boycott HarperCollins and News Corp.

Fred Goldman: Fred Goldman auctioning off the publishing rights to
"If I Did It'' -- Simpson's controversial account of how he might have killed his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ronald Goldman in 1994 so he could make $$$ off it.

Fred Goldman: http://www.rongoldmanfoundation.org/

Fred Goldman: Fred Goldman's Attempt to Seize O.J.'s Right of Publicity
http://volokh.com/posts/1158947885.shtml

In a way, this is good news – there must still be a handful of people out there who weren't offended by the thought of Fred Goldman making money from a fictionalised account of his own son's murder, and hopefully the thought of Fred Goldman making money from the sale of the suit that OJ Simpson wore when he was standing trial for his son's murder will be enough to push them over the edge, too.
http://www.hecklerspray.com/oj-simpsons-arrest-the-goldmans-wade-in-looking-for-cash/200710095.php
Mr. Goldman did everything he could think of to hold O.J. Simpson accountable for the senseless butchering of his son, Ronald Goldman.

Mr. Goldman worked tirelessly to prevent Simpson from profiting from the heinous slaughter of two innocent victims, Ronald Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson.

Apples and oranges.

Agree. SSDI is not means-tested. It is simply awarded because you have been determined to be disabled and unable to work as a result. The amount you get is determined the same as SSA benefits are...how long you worked, and how much you contributed to the system. If the gov't were allowed to look at assets, I'd be in trouble right now. I receive SSDI, however, my husband makes a decent salary, and as a result he can buy decent things. My benefits go a long way towards paying utility bills, etc., and without them our standard of living would not be as good. It saddens me to think some feel that people with disabilities are undeserving of the occasional meal out or vacation.

I am on disability...so I am not condemning anyone else who is. What I am saying is I could see if the IRS was interested in the foundation, but nothing else. When my parents were alive, they sometimes gave me small monetary gifts under the amount that needed to be reported and we would take a trip.

During the past 3 years I've invested in reading court documents, discovery documents, watching the hearings here at WS's I have a firm belief Caylee died at the hands of her mother based on what I have read about the evidence presented. One striking piece is a picture of the trunk liner which was highlighted showing the outline of the stain. Having had a grandchild fall into our pool I know for a fact that your basic, gut instinct as a human being is to call 911. This is why the ME stated it's reported 100% of the time. Your brain does not go to let's cover this up and make it look like a homocide. Your instinct is to save that child no matter how bad it looks you must at least try. Survival is a basic human instinct above all else.

A mother's instinct is to protect her child...cover the child over. Throwing the child away in the trash or a swamp is a sign of detachment, not of a loving mother. jmo

What parent when being interviewed by police about their "missing" child will refuse that an accident happened, over and over and over by the way, and instead claim that a non-existant nanny kidnapped their child while they were at a job that also didn't exist then sit in jail for 3 years before finally deciding to say that the "missing" child really did die in an accidental drowning and only admit that on the first day of their 1st degree murder charges trial UNLESS the child was in fact murdered and that parent had committed the murder?

There is no reason whatsoever for a parent to claim repeatedly that there was no accident at all when the police have given that parent an "out" if it was true. There are clear signs that it was in fact murder and not an accidental drowning. Unfortunately the jury in this case did not bother to take the time to examine the evidence, ask questions, re-listen to testimony, etc. The grandparents of the child also decided to ignore the evidence as their daughter meant more to them than justice for their dead granddaughter.

Now not only will the mother (she and her lawyers hope) make lots of money off of her dead daughter, the grandparents (they and their lawyer hope) will make lots of money off of their dead granddaughter. Heck, they all get free vacations off of the back of Caylee as well. Win, win, win for them and a huge lose for Caylee.

MOO

I am on disability...so I am not condemning anyone else who is. What I am saying is I could see if the IRS was interested in the foundation, but nothing else. When my parents were alive, they sometimes gave me small monetary gifts under the amount that needed to be reported and we would take a trip.

I really don't think CA is on any disability. I think she's being paid for her book and turning it over to the publisher in bits and pieces. Let's hope they stick to the script and not edit too much. We've seen CA when she gets mad....lol jmo

I believe Casey killed Caylee, but I also believe George and Cindy need a break. I can't imagine my daughter killing my grandbaby. They have to live with that every day, and I believe they adored Caylee and miss her terribly. JMO

any word how long this vacation is to last???
maybe we will get lucky and they will stay there..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez