2011.07.22 George & Cindy Board Private Jet for Nassau Vacation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck is all this propaganda about people "wanting" to hear from casey? I don't know anyone who wants to hear her or see her. This interest is generated by the media and no one else. If they would stop telling the world EVERYONE wants to see her interviewed, she would not be able to profit.

Cindy sold the pictures SHE wanted published to the tabloids for $20,000. Her lawyer took $6,000. I'm sure this case has cost them much more than $14,000. I'm quite sure this begs the question, "well why didn't they just go to work", which begs the answer, "what company wants angry crowds gathered outside their place of business 24/7? George was a security guard...I don't have to give this scenario. Cindy is a nurse...probably don't have to give that scenario much time or effort either".

The irony of the Anthony's being villified for making a pittance thus far due to the murder of their granchild, yet not once have I read how every talk show personality on HLN has made MILLIONS from the blood of a dead Caylee Anthony - and they are still milking that cash cow for all she's worth. If they would shut it down, interest and remote pictures of people trying to get on with their life would go away. IMCPO

This is not intended to be/sound snarky at all but it really bothers me when people mention that the As paid their lawyers with the money, or claim in some way that the amount was small (eg. "only $20,000" or in this case "a pitance").

As I have said before, just because you had to use the money on something unpleasant does not mean that you didn't get it. When it takes my whole week's check to pay only the light bill, I do not say that I didn't get paid. And although my previous job was only in retail, I was there for 10 years as a member of management and I never made more than $15,000 in a year. I find $20,000 to be a lot of money, personally. The expenses the As incurred from this situation would not have been nearly as high is they had stayed off the TV. ETA: And the tabloids and news networks wouldn't have made as much if the As hadn't put on the show. KC wasn't on TV everyday and kept very quiet (not that I give her credit for this, just saying that if you don't bring the circus, there is nothing to watch.) I bet SP had no expenses whatsoever. And if it were my daughter, in this exact same situation, I would not have had any expenses myself. Because I would have been truthful and I would not have supported my daughter until I knew some truth. It disgusted me to learn that any of them used a dime of that money for lawyers or anything case related, since none of them did a thing that they should have for that baby. It added insult to the injury that they were selling the pictures at all.

I could be wrong but I only remember crowds and cameras being outside the A's home when KC was there while out on bond. I don't recall there being any time other than the day that the remains were found and the A's were not home and that was just a camera crew. GA has been working and to my knowledge no one has filmed him at work, followed him to work or staged a protest at his place of work. He apparently was so free to travel around Orlando that RC accuses him of having an affair with her and everyone was clueless as to where GA was. So I'll have to disagree that they could not work because of protesters. jmo

Oh, sorry, I assumed we were still talking about NOW and the vacation they are taking NOW and the SSI payments allegedly being received NOW. Police had to block off the street to the Anthony's house after the verdict was read. I'm not outside their house at the moment, so I wouldn't know for sure what's going on there. With all the death threats and talk of killing Casey, I wouldn't hire either of them and put my staff in jeopardy, nor, I suspect, would anyone until sufficient time has passed. IMCPA of course. Sheesh.

I can't imagine working efficiently after what has transpired, and what the child she gave life to ended up doing to the both of them. I pray to God above I never have to come at all close to relating.

I maybe incorrect here, but it is my understanding, unless you live in Orange County or Orlando, Florida, your tax dollars were not used to pay for anything Casey Anthony. Florida dies not have a state income tax. The money for local jurisdictions comes from mostly property taxes. There is no "Pay the cost of the Anthony trial" tax.

And as pointed out in other threads (I'll find the link if neccessary) the entire spectacle generated more income for Orlando than it cost the taxpayers. In a way, Orlando profitted from Caylees death; should we boycott Orlando now?
I surely can't bring myself to go there...as odd as that may sound. Aruba has the same effect on me...and boy, did the island take a hit after Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

The State puts on a trial and the cost of it comes from locals? I really don't know.

I wish somebody cared enough to bring a civil suit against casey anthony for the unlawful murder of her daughter. What a pity no one in the family cares enough :(

Caylee has great-grandparents, uncles and cousins. No one has stepped up to the plate. Darn shame Caylee's real father isn't interested. Poor Baby.

Does CA's control extend that far? :gasp:

i have seen multiple times on this forum that the statute of limitations on wrongful death suits in florida is two years.

http://www.forthepeople.com/florida-wrongful-death-statute-of-limitations--1-1661.html

john morgans website.

Well I am not going to argue with you point by point, but you are right, you didn't come out and state they were out and about giving interviews - in my opinion, your post seemed to insinuate they are behind the scenes pulling their lawyer's strings - and thus, my statement that they have had plenty of chances to jump out there on their own and haven't done it yet. The NG and JVM viewers want something and he's just trying, IMO, to feed them a little something to quell their appetite.

I went back and looked at all the posts before and after the quoted post and I can't find any mention of Home Depot ? Not sure at all what you are trying to say there, not really important because my opinion remains the same and my post was not meant to attack you at all - just stating my take on some, not all, of what was in your post. I apologize if you took it personally, not my intent.

The media comments were about the Home Depot incident. I'm not sure whether the media followed the A's to Home Depot or what happened. We were discussing the A's and whether or not they were being heckled. It was my opinion that they were not heckled. Was it annoying to them, being followed there. Of course it was. But my point was that they have made themselves a part of the news for so long, that now they must expect that until things die down it is going to be this way.

The media is interested in them and unless they harass them or get into their face inappropriately it is part of what happens when you have opened yourself up to the media. A good example of this is that the Prosecution from day one said no comment. After a few months of no comment the Prosecution was left alone. The media gave up.

Yes in part I agree with you, their attorney is keeping people apprised. But I also feel that he is just renewing interest in what they are doing rather than let them fade into the woodwork for a while.

It is a balance. And I guess I don't know why he would be feeding the frenzy. Let it be. Let people move away from whatever emotions they are feeling. I don't think he would be giving this personal information about their trip out if he hadn't been given permission. Or naming the benefactor either.

So my point is this... as long as the media is giving a platform for this, as long as the media is willing to pay, as long as the players not just the Anthony family but all of the Attorneys for both sides, continue to talk, the furor continues. No matter which way you look at what happened here with the verdict it will continue for some time and then be old news. :)

Oh, sorry, I assumed we were still talking about NOW and the vacation they are taking NOW and the SSI payments allegedly being received NOW. Police had to block off the street to the Anthony's house after the verdict was read. I'm not outside their house at the moment, so I wouldn't know for sure what's going on there. With all the death threats and talk of killing Casey, I wouldn't hire either of them and put my staff in jeopardy, nor, I suspect, would anyone until sufficient time has passed. IMCPA of course. Sheesh.

I can't imagine working efficiently after what has transpired, and what the child she gave life to ended up doing to the both of them. I pray to God above I never have to come at all close to relating.

News crews reported no one was outside the home protesting, just that LE took precautions. To my knowledge there is no proof CA or GA are receiving SSI benefits. I don't believe they have stated they were. Obviously a local businessman took them on vacation with him so I think they would have less trouble finding a job than you think. I just don't think they are interested in working. jmo

This is not intended to be/sound snarky at all but it really bothers me when people mention that the As paid their lawyers with the money, or claim in some way that the amount was small (eg. "only $20,000" or in this case "a pitance").

As I have said before, just because you had to use the money on something unpleasant does not mean that you didn't get it. When it takes my whole week's check to pay only the light bill, I do not say that I didn't get paid. And although my previous job was only in retail, I was there for 10 years as a member of management and I never made more than $15,000 in a year. I find $20,000 to be a lot of money, personally. The expenses the As incurred from this situation would not have been nearly as high is they had stayed off the TV. ETA: And the tabloids and news networks wouldn't have made as much if the As hadn't put on the show. KC wasn't on TV everyday and kept very quiet (not that I give her credit for this, just saying that if you don't bring the circus, there is nothing to watch.) I bet SP had no expenses whatsoever. And if it were my daughter, in this exact same situation, I would not have had any expenses myself. Because I would have been truthful and I would not have supported my daughter until I knew some truth. It disgusted me to learn that any of them used a dime of that money for lawyers or anything case related, since none of them did a thing that they should have for that baby. It added insult to the injury that they were selling the pictures at all.

Everything is relative.

In California the cost of the trial is charged to the county.

What the heck is all this propaganda about people "wanting" to hear from casey? I don't know anyone who wants to hear her or see her. This interest is generated by the media and no one else. If they would stop telling the world EVERYONE wants to see her interviewed, she would not be able to profit.

It's silly. She won't answer any hard questions. If they ask she'll say I can't discuss my case due to legal matters. It will be purely Anthony propaganda, nothing else. Lies.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is the media dangle a check in front of her face and say you can't get this until you have answered all our questions, oh and BTW, LDB will be doing the rest of the interview. If you lie, the deal is off.

IMO

I have not read all posts here. JMO I think the reason the A's are keeping a low profile (other than thru their atty) is CA may be under contract w/her book deal and not "permitted" to do their usual media rounds.

It's silly. She won't answer any hard questions. If they ask she'll say I can't discuss my case due to legal matters. It will be purely Anthony propaganda, nothing else. Lies.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is the media dangle a check in front of her face and say you can't get this until you have answered all our questions, oh and BTW, LDB will be doing the rest of the interview. If you lie, the deal is off.

IMO

That would be one cheap interview. :giggle:

Media attention is a fickle thing. These people will wake up one day to a silence and it will be just them, alone. Media response to some attorney, who no one has ever heard of, announcing a foundation will be “Cindy WHO?”.

I doubt there’s any more pictures of their dead granddaughter to sell for a fast buck, I doubt this new foundation is going to make them any richer than the last one did, George doesn’t seem to have much by way of marketable job skills, and I’m not sure if Cindy even still has her nurse’s credentials.

IMO, in the long run it always boils down to substance within your inner being. Liars and pretenders typically have very little. Sooner, rather than later, a lack of substance will extract its toll.

i have seen multiple times on this forum that the statute of limitations on wrongful death suits in florida is two years.

http://www.forthepeople.com/florida-wrongful-death-statute-of-limitations--1-1661.html

john morgans website.

I don't think that time limit would kick in till you knew there was a wrongful death. The time the clock would start would be the day Jose admitted it in court.

Same thing is true with malpractice suits. The clock does not start ticking until you know for certain a malpractice has happened.

The media comments were about the Home Depot incident. I'm not sure whether the media followed the A's to Home Depot or what happened. We were discussing the A's and whether or not they were being heckled. It was my opinion that they were not heckled. Was it annoying to them, being followed there. Of course it was. But my point was that they have made themselves a part of the news for so long, that now they must expect that until things die down it is going to be this way.

The media is interested in them and unless they harass them or get into their face inappropriately it is part of what happens when you have opened yourself up to the media. A good example of this is that the Prosecution from day one said no comment. After a few months of no comment the Prosecution was left alone. The media gave up.

Yes in part I agree with you, their attorney is keeping people apprised. But I also feel that he is just renewing interest in what they are doing rather than let them fade into the woodwork for a while.

It is a balance. And I guess I don't know why he would be feeding the frenzy. Let it be. Let people move away from whatever emotions they are feeling. I don't think he would be giving this personal information about their trip out if he hadn't been given permission. Or naming the benefactor either.

So my point is this... as long as the media is giving a platform for this, as long as the media is willing to pay, as long as the players not just the Anthony family but all of the Attorneys for both sides, continue to talk, the furor continues. No matter which way you look at what happened here with the verdict it will continue for some time and then be old news. :)

Publicity good or bad, is still publicity. No publicity is worse. The Anthonys could have gone to Home Depot when it was dark. Just another trick to keep public interest alive which will result in a bigger pot of gold at the end of their rainbow...

There is absolutely nothing of significance that FCA or her family will say that would be interesting. Doesn't the media know that? FCA doesn't have the sophistication to answer questions in a meaningful way. She is vapid. She is able to mimic and repeat thoughts of others but she is an emotional cripple, unable to think abstractly and not worth interviewing.

I don't think that time limit would kick in till you knew there was a wrongful death. The time the clock would start would be the day Jose admitted it in court.

Same thing is true with malpractice suits. The clock does not start ticking until you know for certain a malpractice has happened.

interesting. source?

"In other words, if a loved one passes away because of another's recklessness or negligence on July 1, 2005, you must file a Florida wrongful death claim by July 1, 2007. Failing to file a claim within Florida's wrongful death statute of limitations may prohibit the deceased's family from ever recovering compensation for your loved one's death.

Almost no circumstances allow an individual to pursue a wrongful death claim in Florida after the statute of limitations has expired. Therefore, it is important to file your claim within two years of the death to ensure you are able to seek wrongful death damages."

quote from john morgans website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member