2011.07.22 George & Cindy Board Private Jet for Nassau Vacation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Must a Wrongful Death Lawsuit Be Filed?

Each state has its own statute of limitations within which the wrongful death lawsuit must be filed:

• California: 2 years
  • Florida: 2 years
  • Illinois: 2 years
  • New York: 2 years
  • Texas: 2 years
The deadline starts to run from the time of the victim's death, but occasionally, if the cause of death is not discovered until later, a court may allow the statute of limitations to being running from the date of discovery. This is called Tolling the Statute of Limitations.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/bringing-a-wrongful-death-lawsuit.html

That's it. They do the same thing with malpractice. My sister did not learn a surgeon messed her up for a year or so and her lawyer told her the time started the minute the Dr. told her the surgeon messed her up.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Legal Questions for our Verified Lawyers #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonders
So it seems that Baez and CFCA knew Caylee was dead on the 16th of June 2008. Could the Orange County Jail sue the pair of them for costs relating to her stay at the jail when Baez could have fought for her to be bonded out?

Thank you.

AZlawyer: No. First of all, he did try to get her bonded out. Secondly, if she had said, "No, wait, Caylee drowned by accident," it's not like anyone would have just released her based on that.

Terry Lenamon also sent SA a letter regarding a deal outlining what if it was an accident. SA offered limited immunity deal to KC if she would lead them to her daughter. KC never responded. Why did she turn down the offer....duct tape. jmo

There was no Nanny. Casey did any and everything to keep Cindy at bay when it came to the Nanny. Casey was a grown woman and entitled to leave her child with the nanny of her choice. There being no evidence of abuse, Cindy was likely never alarmed. When they were gone for so long, Casey continued to make things up about the Nanny - and Cindy could do nothing about it. Again, Casey was Caylee's mother, not Cindy.

I have no idea what I would do besides try to keep my daughter from getting the death penalty. I'm not about to say whether or not I am above the Anthony's and would act the same or differently - by the grace of God, I hope I never find out.

I agree, I don't necessarily think it was strange that CA never bothered to meet the elusive nanny, because before Caylee was gone the nanny was only used once in a while as far as CA knew at the time.

KC's fantastical stories after June 16, however, probably would have raised some red flags with me., much sooner they did with CA.

That said, I support the A's in getting through it (even though they will never really be through it), and I wish them the best.

I saw that the happy couple want someone to give them a $599.99 clothes hamper as a wedding gift.Can someone in either family afford this? (That's not a real question.)

Maybe G&C's new friend David D will accommodate.

mo

Does it have a spin cycle?????

How did Cindy's testimony set Casey free? Her testimony was impeached. I just don't get what business it is of anyone what the Anthony's are doing. How are they a menace? I don't think there would be enough money in the world to replace my grandchild. Where, I have to wonder, is this jealousy and misplaced anger coming from. Is it because there's no Casey news? Hopefully she will come out with her bikini pictures soon and everyone can go back to hating her and leave these poor people alone. Like them or not, they've suffered a horrible loss and they've been put through three years of sheer hell. Does anyone here think they are truly ENJOYING their life now, or simply trying to live it?

You're simply making implications that are not true. The anger is not misplaced and there is no jealousy. A much better question is why so many people are trying to defend them. And yes - she was caught LYING in order to help free a murderer...yet we're supposed to think she's not a menace?? How does that work? I don't know how much money the Anthonys need to replace Caylee but they seem well on the way to finding out. "Poor people" indeed!

That's it. They do the same thing with malpractice. My sister did not learn a surgeon messed her up for a year or so and her lawyer told her the time started the minute the Dr. told her the surgeon messed her up.

no cause of death has ever been issued in this case though. only manner of death. i don't think what JB says in opening statement can be taken as fact...but lets see what azlawyer says.

I'll be blunt.

It's not GA and CA who need and deserve a Nassau vacation and elite transpo to and from such, with exquisite accomodations...

It's US, all of US...especially those of US who "see the light" about the murder of Caylee and the subsequent coverup.

Too bad life isn't fair...

You're exactly right! It is very stressful to "see the light" and see the perps profiting from their lies and misdeeds. One thing that has always really bothered me is that the ANTS would not take a lie detector test. Mark Klass did that immediately so LE would be able to eliminate him and get on with the investagation. Only one reason you would refuse a lie detector test, IMO.

It matters to me when many people who were tring to help were ripped off through the foundation, for one thing. 80% of the money they sent was taken by the Anthonys for their own personal use. Only 20% went to searching for Caylee. AND...........much of it was solicited when the Anthony's KNEW CAYLEE WAS DEAD. Disgusting!!!

No one who was a member of the foundation searched for Caylee. I think they went for T-shirts which were sold and the money????? The A's did give out some bears. I do remember that. jmo

Indeed. Any opinions on what the A's will do with their property and residence?

And what of Caylee's playhouse? That must be a tender topic as well.

Yeah and who gets the stinkmobile? I'm sure they'd have no problem driving that around since there was only pizza in the trunk.

I agree, I don't necessarily think it was strange that CA never bothered to meet the elusive nanny, because before Caylee was gone the nanny was only used once in a while as far as CA knew at the time.

KC's fantastical stories after June 16, however, probably would have raised some red flags with me. It just didn't with CA, unfortunately.

That said, I support the A's in getting through it (even though they will never really be through it), and I wish them the best.

I really doubt Casey told her mother all those lies. I think Cindy cooked a lot of them up just to prove the defense point Casey lived in lala land and lied.

Regarding the trial costs, IIRC didn't HHJP take a day, travel to Tallahassee about the budget. Then make a comment they were on the Gov. Scott "plan". So maybe the state pays and not the county. JMO

My baby cousin died by drowning in an in-ground pool. It was filled within a month of his passing. They ended up moving out of the house anyways because every time my aunt looked out the window she could still see the pool.

Oh and wanted to let everyone know that a fellow poster on a different website that has also followed this mess was at the pool at the Atlantis Resort and stood next to George and a couple of men with accents at the towel hut.

I told her she should start carrying her camera with her incase she runs into them again. It'd be big money especially if KC is there with them.

That is why the pool drowning story is so bogus. If those grandparents had any kind of normalcy and I do think they have some, that above ground pool would be gone if Caylee drowned there. However, as it is ,they do have wonderful memories with Caylee in that pool, hence it is still there. They, themselves never bought into that fictional accidental drowning story. They know KC too well.
And I do think they would give all their spoils back for an alive Caylee if they could.
But these are very predatory/practical folks with old dreams of hitting the jackpot one day.
I truly expect some big fights among themselves about the spoils.

no cause of death has ever been issued in this case though. only manner of death. i don't think what JB says in opening statement can be taken as fact...but lets see what azlawyer says.

I think it would be taken into fact as it was Casey's lawyer saying it and a judge would let the lawsuit go on and sort it out in the depositions and see what Casey has to say about it.

The only thing that makes a narcissist very angry is to go after their money. They love money as much as they love themselves which is very deep. Their true colors come out when their money is threatened.

If you want to get under the skin of a narcissist and get them in touch with any feeling, just attack their money source. It is the only way to make them feel any pain.

Fred Goldman knew this and that is why he went after the only thing that would get under the skin of OJ which was his point. He wanted OJ to suffer. This was about revenge not greed. OJ moved to Florida and hid all of his assets for many years.

Was going to say the same thing, but you said it very well! Thank you!

i saw that the happy couple want someone to give them a $599.99 clothes hamper as a wedding gift.

Can someone in either family afford this? (that's not a real question.)

maybe g&c's new friend david d will accommodate.

Mo

gmafb!

You're simply making implications that are not true. The anger is not misplaced and there is no jealousy. A much better question is why so many people are trying to defend them. And yes - she was caught LYING in order to help free a murderer...yet we're supposed to think she's not a menace?? How does that work? I don't know how much money the Anthonys need to replace Caylee but they seem well on the way to finding out. "Poor people" indeed!

That particular murderer is her daughter. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that her feelings for KC run very deep. For you and me, it's cut and dry. For CA, not so much.

including the dead child tossed by the side of the road to rot.. complete with duct tape and garbage bags from their house.

Oh wait.. she WAS a "relative"

pat

I'm not so slow that I missed the attempt at humor, however, I did miss the point?

:rocker: Great Points ! I totally agree !

:maddening: It is "absolute HYPOCRISY" for the Anthony's to be "advocates" of "GrandParents' Rights" !

For 3 years ... we watched their "despicable" behavior ... and when they had their "last chance" to tell the "truth" about CFCA and seek Justice for Caylee, the Anthony's both chose CFCA !

And it is BECAUSE OF the Anthony's that Caylee will NEVER receive justice !

May Caylee rest in peace ...

:(
- The right to commit perjury (inside court)
- The right to NOT tell the truth (outside court) if it means protecting their daughter
- The right to an attorney...actually MANY attorneys.
- The right to slander innocent people
- The right to tamper with evidence
- The right to impede and/or obstruct an investigation
- The right to make money off a murdered little girl
- The right to accuse others of not doing enough to help
- The right to travel on someone else's dime
- The right to exclude those who want to pay their respects at a public memorial
- The right to attack LE for not trying to find the real killer
- The right to lay claim to a Law they had no part in creating
- The right to take money from well meaning and hardworking folks

Is this what they mean by Grandparents' Rights?

Feel free to add...

And yes, I feel completely foolish for buying into their testimony initially...but no more.

That is why the pool drowning story is so bogus. If those grandparents had any kind of normalcy and I do think they have some, that above ground pool would be gone if Caylee drowned there. However, as it is ,they do have wonderful memories with Caylee in that pool, hence it is still there. They, themselves never bought into that fictional accidental drowning story. They know KC too well.
They were quick, however, to get rid of other things, washer, dryer, deep freeze. Do not remember exactly what they got rid off.
And I do think they would give all their spoils back for an alive Caylee if they could.
But these are very predatory/practical folks with old dreams of hitting the jackpot one day.
I truly expect some big fights among themselves about the spoils.

Do we know for sure that actually happened? I know there was some question about the garage photographs re the washer and dryer but I thought it was discovered to be a mistake? Not defending here but just curious so I can correct my memory....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth