2011.08.05 Hearing on Casey's probation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lambchop, i can only hit the thanks button only once, otherwise, there would be a "thanks avalanche" going off on this one...violating the ( wasnt there a protective order against kc for ah, or was it just one of the conditions of the probation, ie not to contact her...) and her wonderfull( insert sarcasm here) lawyer encourage the victim ah to contact kc? ....is judge perry aware of this?? if not why isnt he???? yes he does need to do more research then..

I sure hope someone within the system makes him aware of it:twocents:

If it was misdemeanor charges, this wouldn't be an issue. I've NEVER heard of some being convicted of ONE felony charge much less SIX and not serve any jail time. Casey was treated like her charges were all misdemeanors, and that is not right. And I don't like being called a hater because I disagree with the verdict. That is unfairly characterizing those who wanted justice for a murdered little girl.

My hubby has a family member who was convicted of embezzlement to the tune of 15,000 and he didn't do jail time. If he screws up on while probation he will, however.

Even more so. We know for a fact that KC was writing to another inmate...against the rules, had her attorney sneaking in contraband along with messages/letters from her parents (admitted in her jailhouse letters), and made an attempt through her attorney to have Amy H contact her to show there were no hard feelings in direct violation of HHSS order for her probation after her sentencing. So if this probation officer was monitoring her they did not do a very good job. At the time we were all appalled at JB's suggestion that Amy H should be encouraged to contact KC. jmo

Brilliant!, Lampchop, as always!

Did Baez produce the letter releasing Casey from probation?

I don't know if anyone has already posted this. But, a soft, partial reminder from http://definitions.uslegal.com/p/probation/ -

Many people who are convicted of crimes are placed on probation, instead of being sent to prison.

Only my opinion when I say I think 'instead' is the key/operative word here.

I understand that yes, many first offenders do get given probation in place of a jail sentence but of course this does not apply to this case. FKC was given time served for the 7 felony cheque charges, 7 were adjudicated and she was given one years probation upon release. So your soft reminder while interesting is moot is it not?

My hubby has a family member who was convicted of embezzlement to the tune of 15,000 and he didn't do jail time. If he screws up on while probation he will, however.

I clarified it in a later post after thinking about it a bit. You are right. If there's no jailtime, usually there is at least probation for felonies.

Can someone tell me if this is possible?

Seems like HHBP said you cannot serve a sentence and probation of the same crime at the same time? correct?

Sooo.. Could HHBP accept that KC served probation in jail, then send her BACK to jail to finish out the remainder of her check fraud sentence?

since she's in so much peril and everything...seems like a win win situation to me...

:)

when are we expecting this ruling?

TIA

That would be something, if by arguing against the probation, the Defense drew attention to the miscalculation of her lying sentences wouldn't it ??
That if she just accepted the probation, nothing would have been done about the miscalculation ?

Exactly! I dislike her greatly, but I can be civil about it. Even those who hate her can be civil about it. That's what I'm talking about. We're not savages against Casey if we don't like her.

TotallyObsessed Totally Agrees! :rocker:

ETA: I have day dreamed that an episode of Dexter would deal with this FCA situation though! Complete with pictures of Caylee lined up for FCA to look at! That would probably do it for me. A TV situation only though. Not real life.

It's one thing for me to raise my hand and (LG raising hand..) and say yes, I hate FKC, but would I ever commit any kind of violence against her? Absolutely not - under any circumstances...risk my freedom for hers? Not a chance - ever!
I hate everything about what she did...and then some. She may not have been proven guilty...but she sure as heck isn't innocent. JMO

This was considered by many Talking Heads, legal analysts etc., the trial of the century. Every effort was taken to bend over backwards to protect the constitutional rights of Casey Anthony.

Now, why in heaven's name would an Administrative Arm of the State not seek guidance before going off on their own accord regarding this probation? These people are not the judge. They are employees of the State of FLA. If this case dropped in my lap as an employee of the State of FLA I surely would have been asking questions before going off half-baked and making it up as I went.

Another candidate for the: "If You Didn't Understand Your Instructions and What and How You Were Supposed To Follow Them, Why Didn't You Ask?" club.

Thank you!!!! I don't why the DT acts like the check fraud case and the murder case was one case. HHJS saw the check fraud case to the end of it. He only recused himself, after the check fraud case was over, from the murder case!

Amen sister! I totally agree.

I clarified it in a later post after thinking about it a bit. You are right. If there's no jailtime, usually there is at least probation for felonies.

In FLA I think there are minimum and maximum sentencing laws though. Anyone know what the law was in this case? MIN vs. Max?

Can someone tell me if this is possible?

Seems like HHBP said you cannot serve a sentence and probation of the same crime at the same time? correct?

Sooo.. Could HHBP accept that KC served probation in jail, then send her BACK to jail to finish out the remainder of her check fraud sentence?

since she's in so much peril and everything...seems like a win win situation to me...

:)

when are we expecting this ruling?

TIA

Looks like a win win to me as well. It would also serve notice to attorneys that if you as an officer of the court see something going through the cracks, you'd better step up to your professed professionalism and say something. Oh, how I hope this opens up a whole nuther can...

seems like either KC either needs to make up some probation time or some jail time.
Thanks for this...so is this what it will come down to? Is that the general feeling after the hearing?

I think what is upsetting is that the Judge said you can't serve a sentence and probation at the same time. If she was serving her probation for a year the Judge, according to what he said today in court, cannot consider that time toward the sentence he gave KC. So technically she still has another year, right. Also the defense never mentioned it when the judge and defense were calculating her time and they admit they already knew she technically served her probation. Was that intentional? Of the two, I'd rather do the one year probation. She is not being punished and as I said before I think it will do her good. She can get a job, other than Hustler, oh please let Judge Perry consider that was a legitimate offer and suggest that she get a real job. She could take some classes online and just take a year to get her life back together. I think everyone should just leave her alone and let the system get her back on track. I wonder if she were to take some paralegal courses could she work parttime in the law offices of one of her attorneys. This would fulfill her requirements.

As it stands now she is running like a criminal and IMO that will lead her to do some desperate things to keep from getting caught. Not a good situation for her now. If she gets a job in Orlando people will just get use to the idea. Another thing if, and I say IF, KC truly wants to start her life over and ask people to forgive her, that she made a terrible mistake and is ready to be a responsible citizen she will appear on the Today show tomorrow without benefit of any money. Not to answer questions because she has civil matters pending but just to say I'm sorry and please help me get on with my life by understanding I made some very big mistakes and I'm ready to acknowledge them. jmo

IMO, this is a very mature and insightful post. It's also good advice for KC.

But......I think we'll see her again.

Sorry, Aedrys, I missed that post. In my stepsons's case its a suspended sentence, which is a little different than just probation.

bobkealing bob kealing
#JudgePerry spokeswoman says he will rule next week on #CaseyAnthony probation. Likely not until Wednesday at earliest.

picture.php

Need we say more, Judge?

She was such a pretty little girl, looked very much like her grandmother, and I think she is pretty, not a nice person maybe but she is attractive.

That would be something, if by arguing against the probation, the Defense drew attention to the miscalculation of her lying sentences wouldn't it ??
That if she just accepted the probation, nothing would have been done about the miscalculation ?
Ya know...I thought that this is ultimately what the State was hoping for...was there ANY mention of the (mis)calculations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela