2011.08.05 Hearing on Casey's probation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec: Does anyone know HOW Judge Perry will rule on today's hearing ? Will he issue an "Order" ... another "hearing" ?

Thanks ... I missed that part of the hearing this morning !

:waitasec:

He has some reading to do. Was not able to do a complete search and I'm guessing from what Ms. Fryer stated in court, about not having to have another hearing, HHJP will issue an Order. I do not think JP liked the term used by LF of "disqualified" in lieu of "reclused" regarding HHSS by defense. LF said HHSS was disqualified and he reclused himself. Also it seems to me that HHJP was very concerned about overruling an Order issued by another judge. So he will probably spend the weekend researching this matter (this poor man does not paid enough) before he issues his Order. jmo

I don't know if anyone has already posted this. But, a soft, partial reminder from http://definitions.uslegal.com/p/probation/ -

Many people who are convicted of crimes are placed on probation, instead of being sent to prison.

Only my opinion when I say I think 'instead' is the key/operative word here.

So...what happened? I decided not to wake up early for Miss Casey. I guess that's progress in the letting go process. But my love for Caylee will never stop me for wanting justice for her. I thought that's why we're still here...because we care.
JMPO...and would love to know what happened.
Hi RR, the hearing was great, worth a watch. Anyway, the state (Mr. George) DID argue for Judge Strickland's order of probation to be carried out. He stated that the form of probation carried out, while Casey was in jail, is not what the judge intended and doesn't serve the purpose of real community control. JP said that he has more research to do on the subject and didn't give a time frame for his ruling. It did seem like he is considering it and is respectful of Judge Strickland's court order.

Yes RoseRed...I for one would LOVE to see some very special punishment for Miss Casey Anthony, murderess extrodinaire. AND....I'm not ashamed to admit it.

me too...if i am a "hater" so be it...i hate that justice for caylee was not delievered.i hate the jury dropped the ball..i hate that the teflon princess is walking around shopping,texting not a care in the world and her dt lawyers are talking about fears/ threats against her..she sure doesnt look like it...and i hate how she is getting special prvileges if she wasnt white, she would probably have to do the probation after the release, this would not even be an issue.
so i admit to the above,want her to be punished someway,somehow..( and no, her having to hide for fear of her safety, her punishment,her own prision despite not behind behind bars, in that regards, sorry not buying it, ive said again the pics on tmz sure dispell that notion) and i guess, yes i am a hater.no,.im not going to make a special trip up to OH to be vigliante..but i hate that she DID get away w/ murder and doesnt feel like she has to answer to anyone...JUST MOO! you certianly dont have to agree w/ it..and if you feel differntly you are certianly entitled to do so.

If Casey Anthony gets away with this probation department error it is going to create case law. Case Law that may allow other probationers to do their probation while awaiting trial for other crimes. This has the potential for creating a problem with the constitutional rights of other prisoners to be treated like Casey Anthony was.

I don't even see this as the problem - she was given appropriate credit for the check fraud and immediately following she was given "appropriate credit" for time served on the lying to LE charges which brought her up to her release date. So legally if she was serving those two sentences including the one that was ROLLED back, how the heck was she serving probation at the same time? To me - serving those two sentences didn't give her time to be swanning around in jail on probation.

Hello HHJP - Elephant in the Courtroom?

So...I should watch the hearing now that it's over? Yes/No ...opinions?

I know there's a difference between misdemeanors and felonies. I think with a felony there is either jail time and then probation, or just at least probation. I've never heard of someone being convicted of a felony and not doing jailtime or at least having any probation. And if there is jail time, it is usually followed by probation for felonies. There is no slap on the wrist on for any felony. That's why felonies are way more serious than misdemeanors. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a need for a distinction between the two.

I don't know if anyone has already posted this. But, a soft, partial reminder from http://definitions.uslegal.com/p/probation/ -

Many people who are convicted of crimes are placed on probation, instead of being sent to prison.

Only my opinion when I say I think 'instead' is the key/operative word here.

I'm not sure I get your point :waitasec:

Hi RR, the hearing was great, worth a watch. Anyway, the state (Mr. George) DID argue for Judge Strickland's order of probation to be carried out. He stated that the form of probation carried out, while Casey was in jail, is not what the judge intended and doesn't serve the purpose of real community control. JP said that he has more research to do on the subject and didn't give a time frame for his ruling. It did seem like he is considering it and is respectful of Judge Strickland's court order.
Thank you!
oxoxoxox...and some more....oxoxoxoxox

Didn't the probation person say her person checked the OCJ database to see that FKC was still in jail and made her monthly "tick" beside her name in the DOC database - didn't even have to pick up the phone....

I read that too .. somewhere ..
My thought was they were tracking where she was in the system ... and NOT that they were tracking how far along she was in her probation ... JMO
I would be very interested to know how exactly probation works for convicts who've opted to serve a bit more time in jail/prison so they have no probation when they get out ... referred to as "killing the paper" I think ... Do they have to actually meet with a PO monthly and discuss plans when they get out ??

Along with FICA having to actually SERVE her probation I would also like to see the DT/Baez receive some sort of punishment for not reporting the error. As officers of the court I believe it was their responsibility to report this. If they had done so at the time it would have saved the state of Florida as well as themselves the embarrassment not to mention the time and expense of having to clean up this mess. The repercussions of this ruling has so little to do with FICA and so much to do with the past, present and future rulings of any judge in the state of Florida. It's beyond scary at this point. IMO there's not much difference between choosing not to report this error and flat out lying. It's a direct reflection on the DT that in my opinion just confirms the unprofessional behavior they all have exhibited throughout this whole case.

Someone should notify the court that this so called "probation" was not readily reported on in the media hype of this case.

And remind him that neither the DOC or the OCSO have had ANY CREDIBLE THREATS against this Felon. Then send him a link to the Huffington videos of her strolling around alone on the streets of any town USA.

Well at least Frank George made it known that this type of probation is not what the Judge ordered and questioned in general whether this type of probation is acceptable practice. Since it is contradictory to what Probation is meant to accomplish, he questioned exactly what were the things that Casey could have done while on probation in PC. .

Probation is to guide and allow for a smooth transition into the law abiding society of a former prisoner. It is to tack their progress, to drug test them, to assist them in finding job opportunities and to ensure that they are not committing illegal activities. None of which can be accomplished while a person is still behind bars.

My personal opinion is that these probation agents are under paid, over worked and took the easy way out on this one. If you are going to have mandatory max in FLA you must provide for the process to not be side stepped for the probation. It is not meant to be served while in jail.

FWIW, I believe that JP did state, today in court, that the order for probation was issued before Judge Strickland stepped down from the case.

He didn't step down from the check fraud case. He recused himself from the murder case. The check fraud case was over. She plead guilty.
Two different cases.
The DT is being untruthful when they say he was disqualified. He was not. They are also being untruthful when the talk about the alleged victim. Amy was a victim. FCA admitted it and even apologized in open court.

me too...if i am a "hater" so be it...i hate that justice for caylee was not delievered.i hate the jury dropped the ball..i hate that the teflon princess is walking around shopping,texting not a care in the world and her dt lawyers are talking about fears/ threats against her..she sure doesnt look like it...and i hate how she is getting special prvileges if she wasnt white, she would probably have to do the probation after the release, this would not even be an issue.
so i admit to the above,want her to be punished someway,somehow..( and no, her having to hide for fear of her safety, her punishment,her own prision despite not behind behind bars, in that regards, sorry not buying it, ive said again the pics on tmz sure dispell that notion) and i guess, yes i am a hater.no,.im not going to make a special trip up to OH to be vigliante..but i hate that she DID get away w/ murder and doesnt feel like she has to answer to anyone...JUST MOO! you certianly dont have to agree w/ it..and if you feel differntly you are certianly entitled to do so.

I agree with you. The LEAST she can do is serve a years probation wherever it may be!!

I'm hoping those TMZ pics will bite JB in the behind. ICA doesn't exactly looked scared walking "la de da" with her starbucks in hand down a beautiful street while the rest of us are at work!!!

Can someone tell me if this is possible?

Seems like HHBP said you cannot serve a sentence and probation of the same crime at the same time? correct?

Sooo.. Could HHBP accept that KC served probation in jail, then send her BACK to jail to finish out the remainder of her check fraud sentence?

since she's in so much peril and everything...seems like a win win situation to me...

:)

when are we expecting this ruling?

TIA

This person actually admitted that? Oh my...g-d bless her. I guess we were as much involved in Casey's probation as the DOC.

Even more so. We know for a fact that KC was writing to another inmate...against the rules, had her attorney sneaking in contraband along with messages/letters from her parents (admitted in her jailhouse letters), and made an attempt through her attorney to have Amy H contact her to show there were no hard feelings in direct violation of HHSS order for her probation after her sentencing. So if this probation officer was monitoring her they did not do a very good job. At the time we were all appalled at JB's suggestion that Amy H should be encouraged to contact KC. jmo

He didn't step down from the check fraud case. He stepped down from the murder case.
Two different cases.

Thank you!!!! I don't why the DT acts like the check fraud case and the murder case was one case. HHJS saw the check fraud case to the end of it. He only recused himself, after the check fraud case was over, from the murder case!

This person actually admitted that? Oh my...g-d bless her. I guess we were as much involved in Casey's probation as the DOC.

Yes, she did - she claims someone made one initial visit to explain the probation terms, no further visits, monthly data base searches, and when one year went by and Ms. Anthony was still in protective custody, sent her the completed letter. What I though was cool was that the DT knew her serving probation while in holding awaiting trial was not what Judge Strickland ordered and did not notify the court for clarification and confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89