2011.08.05 Hearing on Casey's probation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't post links here without putting the names of people or personal information into the thread that does not belong here as they are in no way part of the case.....but I found some with 20 or MORE counts that were put on NO JAIL TIME......just saying......

All felonies?

I thought under a year is always served in county jail, prison only for longer terme.

Why did Baez call AH "alleged victim"? Um Baez, Casey was CONVICTED of the six of those check charges. That makes AH an ACTUAL victim. Wow, I am still totally disgusted with Baez. Way to go to keep the sliminess intact, Baez. Sheesh.

uggh ... It's really getting old ... even crimes KC plead guilty to are still "alleged" to this sleezy defense team ... and media (WESH) saying "The check fraud charges were related to Anthony's alleged spending spree"

What next ? Alleged felony convictions ? :banghead:

Geraldo is not better ... just once I would like to see a reporter, judge, lawyer, anyone catch these people in their "alleged" mantra and call them on it !! Something like "Are you saying Amy wasn't the victim of KC's felonies that she plead guilty to?" "Are you saying KC was not convicted of these felonies that she plead guilty to ?" ...

Casey was not on trial for one case of check fraud. Most people on their first outing don't have 11 counts against them. And they were felony counts. Not misdemeanors. Regardless she didn't want to go to trial and plead guilty.

She was not treated harshly because some of the multiple counts were not adjudicated.

Casey also was charged with using Amy's ID if I remember correctly.

Not to mention she had a missing child that half the world was looking for.

This deserves more than just a thank you. KC did not receive special treatment but the it seems the State and the <mod snip> want to sentence her for anything they can think up regardless. JMO

The point here is, in this case, the judge ordered that her probation be served after she was released from jail. She plead guilty to all of the 13 felony counts but the judge reserved adjudication some of the charges. Since HHSS has recused himself from the case, HHPB could adjudicate her on the rest of the counts. It is a separate case from the murder charge. She was found not guilt on that one, but that has no effect on the felonies.

If HHSS had ordered her probation to be served in jail, there would be no issue.

:waitasec: Does anyone know HOW Judge Perry will rule on today's hearing ? Will he issue an "Order" ... another "hearing" ?

Thanks ... I missed that part of the hearing this morning !

:waitasec:

This is what got me LL. We were here reading those logs for 3 years. How did we miss it?

What we need to find is an article or video by MSM stating Casey is serving probation in jail per Defense claiming this in court today.

:waitasec: Does anyone know HOW Judge Perry will rule on today's hearing ? Will he issue an "Order" ... another "hearing" ?

Based on past hearings I think he'll just issue an order.

So...what happened? I decided not to wake up early for Miss Casey. I guess that's progress in the letting go process. But my love for Caylee will never stop me for wanting justice for her. I thought that's why we're still here...because we care.
JMPO...and would love to know what happened.

I really believe the point to all of this is so that HHJP can have it as a matter of record in order to clarify his own sentence in her 4 convictions for Providing False Information to LE. He had 60 days to so and it seems that this may be the reason that the court invested in this "silly" hearing.

It annoys me that HHJP did not clarify, for the record, that HHJS was not "disqualified", on the fraud case, at the time of his ruling or his clarification.

I thought he did actually, talking about the recusal being much "further down the road"....

While I believe this is probably ridiculous policy and not serving the intended purpose of probation status, it seems unfair that people believe that CA somehow was the ONLY person to ever to have served her probation that way. It wasn't something she asked for, or even knew that she SHOULD or COULD question. In other words, this particular fiasco is in no way any of her doing. There is also no harm in HER serving an additional probation time....the harm in that is not to HER at all. The harm comes in the precedent set for other people in the future having their status changed at the whim of a judge, who is the one ultimately responsible for signing an incorrect order in the first place.

One thing that was brought up during the hearing was that KC did nothing in serving a probation. It had no effect on her daily life. (Paraphrasing on my part).

If her supposed probation did not affect her daily life in ANY way, then could HHBP say that she will have to serve an actual term of probation that requires compliance on her part, rather than the small amount of compliance done by the DOC?:waitasec:

I don't think he mentioned it! I heard him say the case is a mess, court is in recess, and that's it.

Maybe it was the PO that "phoned it in".

Didn't the probation person say her person checked the OCJ database to see that FKC was still in jail and made her monthly "tick" beside her name in the DOC database - didn't even have to pick up the phone....

Along with FICA having to actually SERVE her probation I would also like to see the DT/Baez receive some sort of punishment for not reporting the error. As officers of the court I believe it was their responsibility to report this. If they had done so at the time it would have saved the state of Florida as well as themselves the embarrassment not to mention the time and expense of having to clean up this mess. The repercussions of this ruling has so little to do with FICA and so much to do with the past, present and future rulings of any judge in the state of Florida. It's beyond scary at this point. IMO there's not much difference between choosing not to report this error and flat out lying. It's a direct reflection on the DT that in my opinion just confirms the unprofessional behavior they all have exhibited throughout this whole case.

Well, at least there's some hope that Perry will rule against this ungrateful felon ... even some hope that in straightening out the "mess", he'll find her sentence was mis-calculated based on the fact that he ordered her to serve her sentences consecutively and said nothing about it to be concurrent with any previous sentence for previous crimes ...

The probation the defense is trying to say that KC already served is very special too, just like their client ... not only was she not made to get a job and report once a month, she wasn't even made to get her GED so she could get a job when/if she got out !! WTH ?? DOC could have a least held her to that as a way of transitioning and moving forward ??

:twocents:

Didn't the probation person say her person checked the OCJ database to see that FKC was still in jail and made her monthly "tick" beside her name in the DOC database - didn't even have to pick up the phone....
This person actually admitted that? Oh my...g-d bless her. I guess we were as much involved in Casey's probation as the DOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member