DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Casey Anthony Visits.JPG
    Casey Anthony Visits.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 52
This is PRICELESS! I now understand that if I gain noteriaty (trust me...I can spell when not angry) I can walk amongst the masses and suffer no consequense. If I am Infamous and lie, I gain everything. This will be very helpful when I commit my next crime which, by the way, will be never.

Lindsey Lohan ring a bell?

Most "first time offenders" don't have 11 counts against them either.

I can't post links here without putting the names of people or personal information into the thread that does not belong here as they are in no way part of the case.....but I found some with 20 or MORE counts that were put on NO JAIL TIME......just saying......

If you research through other cases of check fraud and forgery you will find that many, if not MOST, first time offenders get NO JAIL TIME at all for the same charges as CA faced. They are put on diversion programs, limited probation terms, etc. So in essence, she WAS treated differently from other offenders....she was sentenced much more harshly than an "average" person would have been.

jmo

Casey was not on trial for one case of check fraud. Most people on their first outing don't have 11 counts against them. And they were felony counts. Not misdemeanors. Regardless she didn't want to go to trial and plead guilty.

She was not treated harshly because some of the multiple counts were not adjudicated.

Casey also was charged with using Amy's ID if I remember correctly.

If HHJP does not make FCA serve the probation as was sentenced by Judge Strickland, this is going to open up a whole can of worms for the State of Florida. Every convict in the state will be going before the court claiming they served probation while in jail, ala Mizz Anthony. You may even see lawsuits regarding their constitutional rights being violated for not being treated like the Felon Princess. This could get UGLY. HHJP needs to make the correct decision and have her serve probation just like the rest of the felons in Florida. There have been no credible direct threats to her! The Defense is just trying to protect their cash cow. MOO

IIRC the supervisor stated that this procedure is not uncommon and has been done numerous times with other people in jail. The precedent appears to have already been created, this was not a unique thing they decided to do for CA, it is frequently done.

jmo

This deserves more than just a thank you. KC did not receive special treatment but the it seems the State and the <mod snip> want to sentence her for anything they can think up regardless. JMO

I really believe the point to all of this is so that HHJP can have it as a matter of record in order to clarify his own sentence in her 4 convictions for Providing False Information to LE. He had 60 days to so and it seems that this may be the reason that the court invested in this "silly" hearing.

It annoys me that HHJP did not clarify, for the record, that HHJS was not "disqualified", on the fraud case, at the time of his ruling or his clarification.
BBM
Hopefully he will as part of his ruling.

I think he may let the completed probation stand,but hopefully there will be other consequences,especially for the DT.

Why did Baez call AH "alleged victim"? Um Baez, Casey was CONVICTED of the six of those check charges. That makes AH an ACTUAL victim. Wow, I am still totally disgusted with Baez. Way to go to keep the sliminess intact, Baez. Sheesh.

ok i had to switch to spongebob, my daughter got up...what did i miss? are they still in session, or did they adjourn- meet up @ later date/time???

This deserves more than just a thank you. KC did not receive special treatment but the it seems the State and the haters want to sentence her for anything they can think up regardless. JMO

If it was misdemeanor charges, this wouldn't be an issue. I've NEVER heard of some being convicted of ONE felony charge much less SIX and not serve any jail time. Casey was treated like her charges were all misdemeanors, and that is not right. And I don't like being called a hater because I disagree with the verdict. That is unfairly characterizing those who wanted justice for a murdered little girl.

Judge: ...and Mr. Baez made an elegant argument...and she was sentenced to a form of probation...I just don't know t answer at this time.

JB made an elegant argument?? :laughcry: WHEN? WHERE? And more important, did he spell it correctly?

If it was misdemeanor charges, this wouldn't be an issue. I've NEVER heard of some being convicted of ONE felony charge much less SIX and not serve any jail time. Casey was treated like her charges were all misdemeanors, and that is not right. And I don't like being called a hater because I disagree with the verdict. That is unfairly characterizing those who wanted justice for a murdered little girl.

:nono: Hater: someone who disagrees with your position. Sticks and stones, my friend. ;)

Too bad that they cannot make as part of the decision that she will never again set one foot in the good state Florida. Surrender her license (if she has one by now); change her permanent residency status.

This deserves more than just a thank you. KC did not receive special treatment but the it seems the State and the haters want to sentence her for anything they can think up regardless. JMO

I heard a TH attorney from Florida the other night say just that...that it was commonplace in FL for probation to be served while doing time. :maddening:

JB made an elegant argument?? :laughcry: WHEN? WHERE? And more important, did he spell it correctly?

If JB EVER makes an elegant argument, I'm heading for a bomb shelter because the apocalypse is upon us.

IIRC the supervisor stated that this procedure is not uncommon and has been done numerous times with other people in jail. The precedent appears to have already been created, this was not a unique thing they decided to do for CA, it is frequently done.

jmo

I don't think she used the word frequently. I'd have to review the tape but I believe she said it has happened. Administratively what should be happening and what has happened is different than what is ordered by the Judge. Case law is not formed by Administrative action or misaction.

Since this is now a matter of court action, this does set case law for future cases. It is now in trial court and this will be studied and used in future cases of this sort.

And my guess is that the Probation Department will be looking at their policy.

They did admit it,didn't they? That's what I read in some posts.

I think what is upsetting is that the Judge said you can't serve a sentence and probation at the same time. If she was serving her probation for a year the Judge, according to what he said today in court, cannot consider that time toward the sentence he gave KC. So technically she still has another year, right. Also the defense never mentioned it when the judge and defense were calculating her time and they admit they already knew she technically served her probation. Was that intentional? Of the two, I'd rather do the one year probation. She is not being punished and as I said before I think it will do her good. She can get a job, other than Hustler, oh please let Judge Perry consider that was a legitimate offer and suggest that she get a real job. She could take some classes online and just take a year to get her life back together. I think everyone should just leave her alone and let the system get her back on track. I wonder if she were to take some paralegal courses could she work parttime in the law offices of one of her attorneys. This would fulfill her requirements.

As it stands now she is running like a criminal and IMO that will lead her to do some desperate things to keep from getting caught. Not a good situation for her now. If she gets a job in Orlando people will just get use to the idea. Another thing if, and I say IF, KC truly wants to start her life over and ask people to forgive her, that she made a terrible mistake and is ready to be a responsible citizen she will appear on the Today show tomorrow without benefit of any money. Not to answer questions because she has civil matters pending but just to say I'm sorry and please help me get on with my life by understanding I made some very big mistakes and I'm ready to acknowledge them. jmo

Yep, yes we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Judge: ...and Mr. Baez made an elegant argument...and she was sentenced to a form of probation...I just don't know t answer at this time.

Was it "elegant" or "eloquent"? Makes a difference.

That HHJP does love to mix up his words, doesn't he.

I heard a TH attorney from Florida the other night say just that...that it was commonplace in FL for probation to be served while doing time. :maddening:

yes, but that's not what Strickland intended in sentencing . . . we can hear it in the video & read it in the transcripts. He intended her to serve probation after release from OCJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela