2011.08.05 Hearing on Casey's probation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bobkealing bob kealing
Mason swatted at microphones after hearing but did not comment on #CaseyAnthony.

Aww, I though he might have something to say! Or a lovely gesture to make! :floorlaugh:

I really believe the point to all of this is so that HHJP can have it as a matter of record in order to clarify his own sentence in her 4 convictions for Providing False Information to LE. He had 60 days to so and it seems that this may be the reason that the court invested in this "silly" hearing.

It annoys me that HHJP did not clarify, for the record, that HHJS was not "disqualified", on the fraud case, at the time of his ruling or his clarification.

I agree with you, I haven't seen anything in the media NOR have I seen anything on WS regarding any discussing with regards to a probation officer visiting Casey in jail. WE would have been all over this is a split-second if we knew this was happening.

By chance, do you know where I can locate the entire visitors log for Casey? I thought we had it tucked away here somewhere. Thanks.

So far, I have located this thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77298&page=51
Casey's Life in Jail, Visitors; Phone Calls; Commissary, etc. #3

I am very confused about the rest of the check charges that were never ruled on......

I wonder if the State and "Strickland" will get an extra bonus for all this? JMO but now they just seem petty and like they are being vindicitive because they lost this case. It should be over they lost the case, screwed up over and over on this case. Time to leave it alone and stop wasting the tax payers money. If she gets in trouble again then get her but it is past time to leave her alone. IMO they are being bullys and acting like mob mentality rules.

They have to follow the law, no matter who was in error. Simple as that. Those laws are there for a reason and you can't just throw caution to the wind because it's in hindsight. It must be corrected. If not, the actions take precedence in future cases that could argue the same. There's nothing "petty" about it.

I wonder if the State and "Strickland" will get an extra bonus for all this? JMO but now they just seem petty and like they are being vindicitive because they lost this case. It should be over they lost the case, screwed up over and over on this case. Time to leave it alone and stop wasting the tax payers money. If she gets in trouble again then get her but it is past time to leave her alone. IMO they are being bullys and acting like mob mentality rules.

If this is allowed to stand all the FL felons will fight for it.To serve probation in jail defies the intent of probation.The implications go far beyond Ms. Casey Anthony.
But I'm pretty pro-justice,so admit to bias on the matter. Doesn't bother bother me one wit if the SA's appear to bully convicted felons.:seeya:

What did Mr. George say? Did the state take a position on this?

Good morning everyone, it seems so weird to be back here. JP seems different, is he medicated, or maybe just tired. Why isn't FCA in court?

bob kealing
Mason swatted at microphones after hearing but did not comment on #CaseyAnthony.

No.

It's about Ms. Anthony having to follow and abide by the law just as every other convicted felon has to do.

If Casey Anthony gets away with this probation department error it is going to create case law. Case Law that may allow other probationers to do their probation while awaiting trial for other crimes. This has the potential for creating a problem with the constitutional rights of other prisoners to be treated like Casey Anthony was.

HuH? This was a court ruling long before she was up on the capital charges - why wouldn't it be brought forward? Because the Defense knew the terms had been overlooked and wanted to just let it slide? FKC was found guilty of 11 charges in three years and served three years - how would that be bullying?

Are you suggesting that someone found guilty of 11 charges should not be put on probation as ruled by a judge?

If you research through other cases of check fraud and forgery you will find that many, if not MOST, first time offenders get NO JAIL TIME at all for the same charges as CA faced. They are put on diversion programs, limited probation terms, etc. So in essence, she WAS treated differently from other offenders....she was sentenced much more harshly than an "average" person would have been.

jmo

I think this DOC probation officer overstepped her boundaries big time and I feel she'll be reprimanded for it. She never answered one question that was posed to her with a straight answer.

And again,set a bad precedent for the State of FL.

If this is allowed to stand all the FL felons will fight for it.To serve probation in jail defies the intent of probation.The implications go far beyond Ms. Casey Anthony.
But I'm pretty pro-justice,so admit to bias on the matter. Doesn't bother bother me one wit if the SA's appear to bully convicted felons.:seeya:

I was just about to say that! It will definitely have a ripple effect is this is given to the DT.

LOL CM thought they would waltz in there and HHJP would throw out the "stupid order"

If you research through other cases of check fraud and forgery you will find that many, if not MOST, first time offenders get NO JAIL TIME at all for the same charges as CA faced. They are put on diversion programs, limited probation terms, etc. So in essence, she WAS treated differently from other offenders....she was sentenced much more harshly than an "average" person would have been.

jmo

How sad for her.:great:

If Casey Anthony gets away with this probation department error it is going to create case law. Case Law that may allow other probationers to do their probation while awaiting trial for other crimes. This has the potential for creating a problem with the constitutional rights of other prisoners to be treated like Casey Anthony was.

IIRC the supervisor stated that this procedure is not uncommon and has been done numerous times with other people in jail. The precedent appears to have already been created, this was not a unique thing they decided to do for CA, it is frequently done.

jmo

jmo

Most "first time offenders" don't have 11 counts against them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela