2015.08.27 Curtis Wayne Wright: Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does the Wink News video say anything about what's in the motion? I can't play the audio at the moment.

ETA: Certainly I don't see any point in CWW trying to delay sentencing so he can go back on the deal--obviously if he goes back on the deal before sentencing he wouldn't get the deal at all. Also, his testimony has already been recorded and transcribed (and filed in court as a sealed exhibit according to what we learned at MS's last bond hearing), so no one is waiting to see what his story will be.

All it says is that CW's attorney filed a motion to delay CWW's sentencing in Siever's case until after the other two cases are over. It was literally a 25 second video.

All it says is that CW's attorney filed a motion to delay CWW's sentencing in Siever's case until after the other two cases are over. It was literally a 25 second video.
Well, that sounds promising, right? He must be planning to really roll over on MS. Otherwise, wouldn't he want it before? Like he is thinking he will be so critical that he will be rewarded in sentencing??

Or, I guess maybe he just wants to stay in jail, not prison.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Here's another thought. What if CWW has finally figured out his plea deal and 25 years only for this case. I wonder if he caught wind that either JR or MS could possibly strike a deal for anything they know about his involvement in the Bolin case. He didn't want to be given 25 years on this case and then face life or more in the Bolin case. What if a message got to him if testifies against MS or JR that they will give information on the Bolin case?

Here's another thought. What if CWW has finally figured out his plea deal and 25 years only for this case. I wonder if he caught wind that either JR or MS could possibly strike a deal for anything they know about his involvement in the Bolin case. He didn't want to be given 25 years on this case and then face life or more in the Bolin case. What if a message got to him if testifies against MS or JR that they will give information on the Bolin case?

Wow. This is a really good point you made! I was confused about why they asked for delayed sentencing, but your theory makes a lot of sense.

If the sentencing is delayed, I assume there is no hearing on Tuesdaym, correct?

Does that affect the doc dump for June 1?

JRR wants a speedy trial...is that correct? That trial will be soon and CWW has to testify in that trial correct?

I've wondered the same about the Bolin case.... if MS and/or JR know anything about CWW & Bolin. JR & CWW got to know each other while in prison at the same time where as MS & CWW have been friends since childhood. Anything JR would be privy to would be word of mouth from CWW or maybe his friends---JMO. MS, if he knows anything incriminating, would have a much greater opportunity to know circumstances & possibly facts---again, JMO.

Does the Wink News video say anything about what's in the motion? I can't play the audio at the moment.

ETA: Certainly I don't see any point in CWW trying to delay sentencing so he can go back on the deal--obviously if he goes back on the deal before sentencing he wouldn't get the deal at all. Also, his testimony has already been recorded and transcribed (and filed in court as a sealed exhibit according to what we learned at MS's last bond hearing), so no one is waiting to see what his story will be.

Au contraire Mrs. AZlawyer... We are :wink:

Au contraire Mrs. AZlawyer... We are :wink:
I do understand that if CWW refuses to testify in the cases his plea deal is off the table. What do they do then? Can his recorded testimony be used in MS and JR's trials. I am wondering about the defendant's rights to face their accusers.

I agree. CWW and the State made their positions clear on the case. Testimony under oath, written statements, that part is done. If CWW was to drop dead tomorrow, his statement would still be valid. He needs to have a real good cause to have his sentencing delayed. Let's say he was to receive the DP, that would be a good ground to file a motion right now due to ruling of the DP being unconstitutional in Florida. This has not been revised yet.

One would think he would take the 25 and run, just I case if there was more incriminating evidence being presented during the MS and the JR trial(s) to upper his (CWW) charges. But then, he would not have to fear that either because of the done deal. If he was incriminated in the Bolin case, that would be another trial altogether. That can always happen.

So far I cannot see a good reason for the delay. We will have to wait. But then, we are used to waiting..right. ;-)

-Nin

I agree. CWW and the State made their positions clear on the case. Testimony under oath, written statements, that part is done. If CWW was to drop dead tomorrow, his statement would still be valid. He needs to have a real good cause to have his sentencing delayed. Let's say he was to receive the DP, that would be a good ground to file a motion right now due to ruling of the DP being unconstitutional in Florida. This has not been revised yet.

One would think he would take the 25 and run, just I case if there was more incriminating evidence being presented during the MS and the JR trial(s) to upper his (CWW) charges. But then, he would not have to fear that either because of the done deal. If he was incriminated in the Bolin case, that would be another trial altogether. That can always happen.

So far I cannot see a good reason for the delay. We will have to wait. But then, we are used to waiting..right. ;-)

-Nin

Is this a mandatory 25 or what happens so often even in murder cases that in reality they serve one-third? I would like to think that since he confessed to premeditated murder for hire (whatever they call it) he has to serve the entire sentence. Anyone know for reasonably sure?

I do understand that if CWW refuses to testify in the cases his plea deal is off the table. What do they do then? Can his recorded testimony be used in MS and JR's trials. I am wondering about the defendant's rights to face their accusers.

That wouldn't be a concern unless CWW was "unavailable" to testify (I can't recall where the Supremes ultimately ended up on that issue). He should be "available" in this case, and it won't matter much if he's uncooperative on the stand if they have his recorded testimony to refresh his recollection/impeach him.

Could the request from CWW defense team's request for delay in sentencing actually have nothing to do with MS, as LE has everything already sworn to and signed off on, but everything to do against potential testimony against JR? JR due back in court in June and JR hasn't waived right to a speedy trial yet. Maybe LE still trying for a plea w JR before JR appears and maybe LE using CWW as leverage? I don't really see how CWW can use leverage to lessen sentence lower than 25 though.

Is this a mandatory 25 or what happens so often even in murder cases that in reality they serve one-third? I would like to think that since he confessed to premeditated murder for hire (whatever they call it) he has to serve the entire sentence. Anyone know for reasonably sure?
I googled this to be sure. In Florida a prisoner has to serve 85 percent of thier sentence. This became a law in October 1995 for all new convictions no matter what the crime is. Sorry unable to link but I did find it by Google.

I googled this to be sure. In Florida a prisoner has to serve 85 percent of thier sentence. This became a law in October 1995 for all new convictions no matter what the crime is. Sorry unable to link but I did find it by Google.

No no, this is great, thank you! I googled, too, but never got this far - hit and miss some days. :/

Thanks again! :D

From Napsles News article:

Wright's plea agreement, reached last week and announced Friday, requires a 25-year prison term and Wright to provide "substantial assistance" to prosecutors. No other details were available about the information Wright is providing.

Under Florida law, which requires prisoners to serve at least 85 percent of their sentence, Wright could be released as early as age 68.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...61-5dcc-4702-e053-0100007ffde9-370302511.html

It has been determined that CWW was either disabled, or partially disabled. I don't recall ever reading if CWW was receiving a monthly disability check. If so, would the checks have continued after his incarceration?

It has been determined that CWW was either disabled, or partially disabled. I don't recall ever reading if CWW was receiving a monthly disability check. If so, would the checks have continued after his incarceration?

Yes, it was established that he was receiving Disability payments for some disorder. It was thought that it might be fibromyalgia, but I don't think that was ever definitively established.

RE: Social Security Disability Benefits - No he would NOT continue to receive these benefits while incarcerated. That is clearly stated within the SSD guidelines.

From what I was told he is receiving SSD for injuries from a car accident. I thought the SSD stops when he is sentenced. May be the reason for the request for delay in sentencing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back