2015.11.13 NBC2 Interview with Teresa's mother and sister, Annie Lisa

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well- TS was a healthy 46 y/o woman and it would stand to reason that whomever MS sent to check on her (medical or not) would state (at the very least) that it would appear- she had been killed. Details don't need to be shared but shouldn't MS have wanted a reason....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would think and her family also.
They just saw her healthy hours before.

I agree with you. LE and doctors are reluctant to give death information over the phone. LE wants to be able to gauge reactions in person and physicians for the reason you describe above.

We've gotten a phone call where we were only asked questions such as: This is Officer Joe Blow from ABC Sheriff Dept. do you know someone who drives a beige Honda year 19xx? Is the license plate XYZ 123? Can you describe the owner? Do you know where we can reach that person? When did you last see or speak with X? All the while I was asking what happened? Is my sister okay? Is she dead? Was there an accident? Is the in the hospital? Is she dead? HE WOULDN'T ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS. My Dad then got on the phone and all they would tell him was that her car was involved in an accident. We assumed she was driving of course. We were freaking out because he wouldn't tell us anything. 1980's didn't have cell phones. She finally called us freaking out herself because she had driven to a classmates house to carpool to another city for a class. Her car and several surrounding were hit by a hit and run driver, she came back from class to find totalled cars. :( Until she called, we didn't know if she was hurt or dead, the exact location of her car, etc. If he had simply said that several PARKED cars were damaged by a hit and run driver, we would have had somewhere to start at least.

When my brother was hit while on his motorcycle, the doctor called from the hospital to tell us we needed to be there. He wouldn't say anything about his condition other than we should get there as soon as possible. We were 15 miles away, but our Mom was several hundred and we worried about her driving.

So, fwiw, I believe it's possible that MS told TS' family as soon as he was notified. I could also believe the doctor friend would have told MS that he found TS passed away, but maybe no details in that first conversation, maybe not even that she was murdered, I don't know.

I'm looking forward to being able to hear the interview so I can know what was said and how it was said.

People's emotions can color recollections.

Mark still would have asked them to explain further. The friend wouldn't have mentioned being bludgeoned to death. But the friend definitely would have said it looks to be a homicide and whatever else.

Just because the friend may be a doc. They were talking to him from a friend perspective and not a doctor/patient perspective.

So Mark had to have known this was a homicide once the friend called back. No friend will leave you in limbo by not answering the basic questioning to a degree.

Especially when he is going to have detectives roaming through your house. I doubt they would want their friends daughters to pull up to a crime scene without being warned first. So for that reason. I believe the friend at least let mark know the basics in that first conversation. But I'm sure they left out the gory details. Jmo

Well- TS was a healthy 46 y/o woman and it would stand to reason that whomever MS sent to check on her (medical or not) would state (at the very least) that it would appear- she had been killed. Details don't need to be shared but shouldn't MS have wanted a reason....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Also, who knew where the murderer was at that point? I would think if the caller didn't tell MS that TS had been murdered and ask him for details about her travels, within minutes LE would be calling him to ask who had been in the home (what if she hadn't been the only family member there, and there could have been a kidnapping?), and was she supposed to meet anyone, etc.

They would want to speak with MS immediately. What if TS had been on the phone with him an hour earlier and mentioned that the pool guy was there? I would certainly hope that LE does a quick assessment of all available information when they discover a homicide.

Mark still would have asked them to explain further. The friend wouldn't have mentioned being bludgeoned to death. But the friend definitely would have said it looks to be a homicide and whatever else.

Just because the friend may be a doc. They were talking to him from a friend perspective and not a doctor/patient perspective.

So Mark had to have known this was a homicide once the friend called back. No friend will leave you in limbo by not answering the basic questioning to a degree.

Msboo's post: (sorry above not separate!)
Not sure, JMO but being a dr, even if a friend, there is a 'line' that dr/friend may have wanted NOT to cross after what he found---the dr possibly wanted to remain 'neutral' due to the situation and not have mentioned homicide. I'm assuming we here do not know for a fact that the dr actually told MS that it was a homicide?

A friend isn't going to allow you to pull up to a tape off crime scene with the entire neighborhood crying without telling you before hand what to expect. Jmo. Especially with the girls.

IF... MS is involved then he knew what had happened. We just don't know what the content actually was during that particular phone call. Friends are friends then I've seen friends step back under certain circumstances. Ya never know.

Would a friend, whom is also a doctor, reveal the gruesome details of the death over the phone? Is it standard practice for those in the healthcare field not to disclose anything so shocking over the phone where family members may panic and cause harm to themselves or others by overreacting to information that should only be discussed in person? Perhaps, if MS were to be innocent, he was not informed of the brutality of the death. A caring professional would perhaps, as a friend, agree to let him know that his wife was no longer with them, but I doubt they would go further than that.
****BBm above****..Warning Long Post Ahead:blushing:..."disclose anything so shocking over the phone where family members may panic and cause harm to themselves or others by overreacting"???? Such a pity those considerations were not extended to Teresa's Mother and Sister, huh???
One very kind contributor brought up 2 situations in which they were contacted by law enforcement about their siblings. However, in EACH CASE it was the result of "vehicular accidents". One of my dear friends was told of his son's death ON THE PHONE BY LE. If a parent or spouse has NO OBVIOUS CONNECTION TO A DEATH....LE has no reason to play coy, or get into psychological issues. They are courteous and usually ask, "Is anyone else with you right now?" Depending on the community, the LE agency, the proximity of the reporting party, the circumstances regarding the death, (homicide, accident, natural causes...) will dictate on how a family member is informed by LE. (In some cases....death of a military member, the Chaplain and OD of the closest military base will drive to the spouse's/parent's home.)
In suspicious or untimely death, I have noticed, police ALWAYS WANT to view, record and witness the "reaction of the surviving spouse" when told about the death. 911 calls are recorded and always brought into evidence in court cases. Witnesses who describe the spouse's reactions or video taped interviews by LE are always reviewed.
There will always be "clashing theories and disharmony when discussing a murder." (And thankfully Websleuths has made the wonderful & wise decision to separate out the theories! No one would be able to develop or advance their theories if they were always stymied by a diametrically opposed theory.) Most of my comments will be theories "involving the spouse" .... statiscally, I'm already going in the Wright direction.
I always recall the words of Dr. Mary Jumbelic,ME, who provided her expertise (even though she had retired!) when her neighbor was killed. She wasn't popular, and a lot of people thought she was a nosey suspicious neighbor....but this is how she justified her work. " The dead person has always been my patient. If what they have to say hurts someone else, so be it."

Does anyone know if the family of TS owned a condo in the area or just rented one for the time they were here? I wonder if they came down to visit often. Also did the girls fly home with MS? I wonder who picked them up when they landed? He surely would not have taken them to the home.

I would not be surprised if CWW and MS planned this all ahead of time. MS probably made sure there was no room at any of his relatives houses. MS and CWW needed to keep tabs on the family to see if any of them were suspicious of MS's involvement. I don't think the family thought CWW had anything to do with the murder at that time, but they may of wondered about MS. Who better to be there and listen in on any private conversations than CWW?

I recall SMS saying something along the line of them trying real hard to cover their tracks but left evidence behind. If they bludgeoned her to death, there had to be alot of blood splatter. I wonder if their fingerprints or dna was in the bathroom from taking a shower or trying to clean the blood off them?

A friend isn't going to allow you to pull up to a tape off crime scene with the entire neighborhood crying without telling you before hand what to expect. Jmo. Especially with the girls.

:goodpost:

… those considerations were not extended to Teresa's Mother and Sister…
We don’t know if it was strategy or poor taste by someone who is not thinking clearly.
…Depending on the community, the LE agency, the proximity of the reporting party, the circumstances regarding the death, (homicide, accident, natural causes...) will dictate on how a family member is informed by LE…
Whomever called MS would have probably wanted to meet him at the airport and finish telling him the details. That way he would not be showing up to a crime scene with yellow tape. We don’t know if LE was the one to tell him and/or get a reaction or not.
…No one would be able to develop or advance their theories if they were always stymied by a diametrically opposed theory…
Oh, I haven&#8217;t noticed that at all! <modsnip> LOL. Plus those people who openly admit that they don&#8217;t need facts to form an opinion <modsnip>.
BTW&#8230; Doesn&#8217;t this contradict the whole &#8220;Mark hasn&#8217;t called the family&#8221; stuff?

I interpreted as "I know him. There's no way he could have done this." I also got the distinct impression that, at best, communication is presently strained between MS and the family.

It was very sad. Mom broke my heart.

It was strange though....Mom said that Mark took the initial phone call from the office because Teresa had not shown up to work. MS then called a friend to go check on Teresa. Another call came in (the friend calling back?) and MS was walking around the yard talking on the phone. He then told her family "She's dead." Mark jumps on the first flight back to FL. He didn't tell the family Teresa was actually murdered until they were on a plane in the air flying down to Florida. Anyone recall about how long between the phone call and TS's family boarding the plane to FL?

Sad....

BBM...This part of Beach's quote stands out to me because....if this friend/doctor went to the home to check on TS; then unimaginably found her in the condition she was (so much so that it made them physically ill), then placed another call back to MS...I can not imagine anyone could keep their composure under those conditions. They spoke as MS walked around the yard. I just don't see him not being told of the condition she was in...maybe not full details, but it's brutality. As I recall, it was not until that Friday when family went into the home. &#8203;JMO

BBM...This part of Beach's quote stands out to me because....if this friend/doctor went to the home to check on TS; then unimaginably found her in the condition she was (so much so that it made them physically ill), then placed another call back to MS...I can not imagine anyone could keep their composure under those conditions. They spoke as MS walked around the yard. I just don't see him not being told of the condition she was in...maybe not full details, but it's brutality. As I recall, it was not until that Friday when family went into the home. &#8203;JMO

Re: As I recall, it was not until that Friday when family went into the home.

According to this news article, several people [family members] were at the crime scene on Wednesday [July 1 ?], but perhaps they didn't go inside the home because it wasn't yet released by LE:

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...search-at-slain-bonita-doctors-home/29574135/
Sievers flew back from Connecticut alone on Sunday after attending a gathering there with her husband and childeren, said her sister Annie Lisa Sievers.
"She called her husband and told him she got there safely," Lisa said Tuesday. "We don't know what happened."
Family members returned to Florida on Wednesday. Several people arrived at the scene Wednesday comforting each other. They stayed for about 20 minutes before leaving.

Re: As I recall, it was not until that Friday when family went into the home.

According to this news article, several people [family members] were at the crime scene on Wednesday [July 1 ?], but perhaps they didn't go inside the home because it wasn't yet released by LE:

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...search-at-slain-bonita-doctors-home/29574135/
Sievers flew back from Connecticut alone on Sunday after attending a gathering there with her husband and childeren, said her sister Annie Lisa Sievers.
"She called her husband and told him she got there safely," Lisa said Tuesday. "We don't know what happened."
Family members returned to Florida on Wednesday. Several people arrived at the scene Wednesday comforting each other. They stayed for about 20 minutes before leaving.

yes, in the road when the crime scene tape was still up...

Hopefully the doctor friend called LE before he called MS back which could have tripped him up with his story. The doctor may not have mentioned that she was bludgeoned to death but since MS was involved (IMO), he could have let his knowledge slip while talking to police.

The friend doesn't have a key to the house and mark knows that. Jmo. Now unless they were told how to enter the house without the alarm going off. Or they had a key. The only way that they can enter is if a door is unlocked or something. Which mark knows.

So once the friend told mark that they made it into the house because the door was unlocked and seen her body and she is deceased. Then mark would automatically know it was a homicide since the friend had no problems entering the house for the discovery. Or atleast he would have exhausted questions to the fullest about everything. Jmo.

The friend also would have told him that the police were needed because this isn't a medical situation.

The friend doesn't have a key to the house and mark knows that. Jmo. Now unless they were told how to enter the house without the alarm going off. Or they had a key. The only way that they can enter is if a door is unlocked or something. Which mark knows.

So once the friend told mark that they made it into the house because the door was unlocked and seen her body and she is deceased. Then mark would automatically know it was a homicide since the friend had no problems entering the house for the discovery. Jmo.
Totally agree. This is not TV. Total BS unless there's a hidden key, directions for the alarm, etc.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I don't know the dichotomy of the family. So, play-by-play, this is what I would do if I were MS...
Office calls, TS hasn't showed up. I wouldn't panic, but would call TS several times to see what's up.
No answer from TS, then I would ask a neighbor to check the house, and then if all else fails, ask my mom to check-in.
So, this makes me ask, "Is the DR. friend so close to the fam that he/she would have direct access to the house?

I don't know the dichotomy of the family. So, play-by-play, this is what I would do if I were MS...
Office calls, TS hasn't showed up. I wouldn't panic, but would call TS several times to see what's up.
No answer from TS, then I would ask a neighbor to check the house, and then if all else fails, ask my mom to check-in.
So, this makes me ask, "Is the DR. friend so close to the fam that he/she would have direct access to the house?

Good question. I'm starting to think that the friend doesn't want to be named for a reason of suspicion on hubby.

Was he or she usually the go to person to check on things. Either this person is old and gullible or mark sent that person for a reason.

I would only ask a friend if possible and not an associate. Or I would have asked a trusted coworker. Jmo.

Did mark have a motive for sending that particular person. If they were smitten on doc and mark knew it; then mark is guilty.

I truly would love to know who this person was.

But since they are so mum. I truly think that it was a older friend that was neutral and elected to go over there.

Some perps let their young kids find the body. And some allow the older discreet friend to find the body with the hopes of them telling LE that they were a wonderful couple and you can't imagine who would do this. Jmo

So i truly think the friend was picked because they wouldn't initially tell the cops their opinions on the marriage.

Which makes me think that mark called an older and more gullible person that wouldn't be suspicious of him at first. Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back