2015.12.04 DCF Hearing today (Friday) - continued to Monday

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not unusual for elementary students to write in a journal daily during class. Maybe this was MS's interpretation of this exercise and he kept that particular page because he found it amusing. Idk, most parents would save the entire journal and not just one page.

Gosh, I didn't mean that the way it sounded. :blush: After re-reading my post it sounded like I thought that note was from a homeschooling assignment. I really didn't think that...I just added in home schooling as an after thought. (kinda like, is this one of the words he is teaching the girls in school)
I don't why I put that last sentence in there :doh:
My apologies to everyone I confused.

Gosh, I didn't mean that the way it sounded. :blush: After re-reading my post it sounded like I thought that note was from a homeschooling assignment. I really didn't think that...I just added in home schooling as an after thought. (kinda like, is this one of the words he is teaching the girls in school)
I don't why I put that last sentence in there :doh:
My apologies to everyone I confused.

Oh my gosh, I totally got your message. And I don't think the curriculum in the Siever home is up to par, either.

In Oregon, you need to have several hours of practice in various subjects during the week when a child is home schooled. The language arts portion needs to have several writing experiences a day. the writing samples need to be submitted online outlined by the curriculum and its standards.

There is absolutely no specified curriculum for home education students in the state of Florida. Zero. And there is no required schedule or number of hours the child must be instructed for either.

The only thing parents must submit to their local school district is one of five approved annual educational evaluations that demonstrates their child has made academic gains since the year prior. Not that they're working on grade level...just that they made learning gains. Parents are supposed to maintain a portfolio of their child's work, but unless they fail to submit the evaluations or they're using it for the evaluation, no one will ask for it.

I saw this note a while ago. Plus, there were photos of stacks of wood in their backyard.
So, when reading that note, I thought it was one of the most bazaar things that I've read so far.
Without reading others responses, to me it reads as though a developed-mental challenged person was speaking. It didn't sound anything like a young adult/child.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Those poor girls.I cry for them thinking of the HELL they are living with right now....

For all I know the girls are curled up under a blanket and watching a movie tonight...maybe one is writing in a journal....or drawing a picture...or reading a book about some far away place...and maybe they'll dream about it tonight when they drift off to sleep...I'm holding them in a positive light.

I don't think he would let a male stranger stay a week in his house with his two young daughters. But then again he isn't the smartest guy on the block

Ohhh, yes. Wanting a sex offender as his children's guardian if it came to custody issues?

Ohhh, yes. Wanting a sex offender as his children's guardian if it came to custody issues?
Nope. Not exactly “Wanting a sex offender as his children's guardian”
Per news reports: “the husband of the female he proposed as guardian had been accused of sexual abuse”
Difference between “sex offender” and “accused of sexual abuse”
It could be the person “accused of sexual abuse” is innocent and that the accusations were false and/or unfounded. Who knows? I don’t.
I’m hoping to minimize exaggeration of misinformation.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/30685282/judge-to-decide-fate-of-sievers-girls
LEE COUNTY - Judge Lee A. Schreiber ruled Monday that the two daughters of Mark and Teresa Sievers not be removed from their father's custody in the wake of his alleged involvement in his wife's June murder.
Schreiber said Monday that the Department of Children and Families did not prove the children were in imminent danger.
The ruling followed an argument by Mark Sievers' representatives that not enough evidence existed that the children were unsafe with him.
DCF argued that Mark Sievers' custody plan for the children, if he's arrested, is not appropriate -- claiming that the husband of the female he proposed as guardian had been accused of sexual abuse -- and that the girls could be in danger if they stayed with their father.

What does not need clarification is that the judge deemed the custody plan as not appropriate - accusations of sexual abuse are enough for me to judge that MS is not concerned with the children's well being WHEN he is arrested. He is concerned with control of the children. So I guess the correct way to put this was that MS wants his girls in a household where there have been claims of sexual abuse WHEN he is arrested? as opposed to naming members of Teresa's family who love and cherish the girls? No matter how you slice it - MS continues to be the monster that he is - where his comfort and control wins out over what is best for the children.

What does not need clarification is that the judge deemed the custody plan as not appropriate - accusations of sexual abuse are enough for me to judge that MS is not concerned with the children's well being WHEN he is arrested. He is concerned with control of the children. So I guess the correct way to put this was that MS wants his girls in a household where there have been claims of sexual abuse WHEN he is arrested? as opposed to naming members of Teresa's family who love and cherish the girls? No matter how you slice it - MS continues to be the monster that he is - where his comfort and control wins out over what is best for the children.

We don't know if he was aware of the sex abuse allegations, of course. But I agree that it would have shown more genuine concern for his children to suggest TS's family.

I reported my post. The last thing I want is to post inaccurate information that unjustly accuses someone! I honestly didn't stop to think about it, I just repeated what I had read here weeks ago and obviously I misremembered.

Thank you for addressing this.

Nope. Not exactly “Wanting a sex offender as his children's guardian”
Per news reports: “the husband of the female he proposed as guardian had been accused of sexual abuse”
Difference between “sex offender” and “accused of sexual abuse”
It could be the person “accused of sexual abuse” is innocent and that the accusations were false and/or unfounded. Who knows? I don’t.
I’m hoping to minimize exaggeration of misinformation.

LEE COUNTY - Judge Lee A. Schreiber ruled Monday that the two daughters of Mark and Teresa Sievers not be removed from their father's custody in the wake of his alleged involvement in his wife's June murder.
Schreiber said Monday that the Department of Children and Families did not prove the children were in imminent danger.
The ruling followed an argument by Mark Sievers' representatives that not enough evidence existed that the children were unsafe with him.
DCF argued that Mark Sievers' custody plan for the children, if he's arrested, is not appropriate -- claiming that the husband of the female he proposed as guardian had been accused of sexual abuse -- and that the girls could be in danger if they stayed with their father.

Nope. Not accurate “that the judge deemed the custody plan as not appropriate”.
Per news reports “DCF argued that Mark Sievers' custody plan for the children, if he's arrested, is not appropriate”

Thanks for that correction. I do know of some information that I cannot share at this time but you are correct, the media reported that DCF argued that the plan is not appropriate. Whether or not the judge found it inappropriate and whether or not Mark therefore changed the custody plan, has not been reported by media.

When MS is arrested, they will look at TS's will. My will names guardianship in case something happens to both parents.

Her will won't come into play, actually.

Only if MS were to pass too? And since MS was allowed to keep custody the judge did not address his choice of custodians for the girls? Does that mean they could still end up with couple of MS's choice?
I'm sure DCF and TS's family will step in to argue that but as it stands right now does his choice stand?

Really? Why not?!

Only if MS were to pass too? And since MS was allowed to keep custody the judge did not address his choice of custodians for the girls? Does that mean they could still end up with couple of MS's choice?
I'm sure DCF and TS's family will step in to argue that but as it stands right now does his choice stand?

The custodial preferences in her will would only apply if she were the second of the two spouses to die. Which obviously, and unfortunately, she was not.

The judge should not have addressed the alternative custody plans at all, since he/she (can't recall which) found that MS could keep the girls. It's possible there was some discussion of that issue in court, but there should not be any ruling.

If he's arrested and he's arranged for a temporary guardian for the girls, that choice will probably stand unless (1) the girls are not safe there for some reason, or (2) his absence clearly becomes a long-term situation. (I say probably because, if TS's family hired me and I were a Florida lawyer, I would research the heck out of the statutes for a way to override his choice.)

In the second situation (long-term absence e.g. prison time), the court is likely to want the girls in a placement with "permanence" (adoption). At that point, family members will IMO be the preferred placement.

I feel if I wanted to leave my precious children with someone, then I sure as heck would know all about that person. I feel that a possible charge of abuse is something I would know about a person that I know well enough to leave my children with. It should not be a surprise.

People talk. A charge would be gossiped about as people are concerned about that kind of thing. The people who brought the charge would have discussed it with others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay