2015.12.04 DCF Hearing today (Friday) - continued to Monday

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the footage from the court hearing it appears he is still wearing his wedding ring...that sends shivers down my spine for many reasons

I just thought of something. MS can draw SS for the kids off TS until they turn 18 . He cant on himself because he would have to be 60 and married to her for 10 years.

Any idea what the monthly payout would be per child?

My cousin passed pretty young, was disabled and his ex gets 2700 per month for 2 kids.. I'm sure a Dr would have much more money coming for kids than my cousin did.

To add to my prior post, Florida Statute 39.01(2) defines "abuse" as follows:

(2) “Abuse” means any willful act or threatened act that results in any physical, mental, or sexual abuse, injury, or harm that causes or is likely to cause the child’s physical, mental, or emotional health to be significantly impaired. Abuse of a child includes acts or omissions. Corporal discipline of a child by a parent or legal custodian for disciplinary purposes does not in itself constitute abuse when it does not result in harm to the child.

A child may be taken into custody, pursuant to section 39.401(1)(b)(1), if there is PROBABLE CAUSE (not "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" or anything close) that the child "has been abused."

Not a lawyer, but where is the evidence of abuse? I think they should have been taken right away, but he has not been convicted nor accused so isn't he innocent in the eyes of the law? I am confused about that part.

Not a lawyer, but where is the evidence of abuse? I think they should have been taken right away, but he has not been convicted nor accused so isn't he innocent in the eyes of the law? I am confused about that part.

Since "abuse" includes any act that is likely to cause significant emotional harm, it would include hiring someone to kill the child's mother.

To take the kids temporarily they only need "probable cause" to believe the murder-for-hire scenario, which is the same as what the police would need to arrest MS. Based on the documents we've seen, they do have probable cause. (And I suspect there are lots of things we haven't seen as well.)

Keep in mind that, although the police only NEED probable cause to arrest MS, they seem to WANT proof sufficient to convict. Which is fine. But DCF could take the kids in the meantime and place them with family.

ETA: Lack of a criminal accusation or conviction doesn't make you "innocent in the eyes of the law" for all purposes.

IIRC, When DCF stated they were concerned about what MS would do IF the girls were removed. If true, is DCF worried that he would run or try to harm the people that get custody of the girls?

IIRC, When DCF stated they were concerned about what MS would do IF the girls were removed. If true, is DCF worried that he would run or try to harm the people that get custody of the girls?

Personally, I took it to mean that DCF was concerned that MS wouldn't give the girls up without a fight, or that he might pull a "Josh Powell" rather than give them up. But that's been my fear for a long time, so I may be projecting that onto DCF as their reason. JMO

DCF aware of Sievers accusations
3:45 p.m. EST December 29, 2015
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...d-hired-killers-investigation-shows/76625982/

UPDATE:

The Department of Children and Families responded to an inquiry from The News-Press about the safety of the two pre-teen Sievers daughters.

Natalie Harrell, DCF spokeswoman, said: "We are involved with the family and are aware of the newly released documents. At this time, we do not have any information that can be released."

DCF aware of Sievers accusations
3:45 p.m. EST December 29, 2015
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...d-hired-killers-investigation-shows/76625982/

UPDATE:

The Department of Children and Families responded to an inquiry from The News-Press about the safety of the two pre-teen Sievers daughters.

Natalie Harrell, DCF spokeswoman, said: "We are involved with the family and are aware of the newly released documents. At this time, we do not have any information that can be released."
For now. Believe me, they'll be all over him if there are any new allegations of any type of neglect or manipulation; not only towards the girls, but against the family as a whole.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I think she is speculating in anticipation of the new dump.

Not sure if this was posted before, but worth re-posting!

"Victim Advocates"

'As new information is disclosed, it's important to remember that, behind the headlines, there are victims'..'children's lives have been forever affected and families as well.' 'Law enforcement agencies have victim advocates who can help and enlist others to assist as well.'

http://www.naplesnews.com/opinion/e...st-florida-260198ec-c111-367b--360501811.html

-Nin
NIN, I know everyone is chomping at the bit right now.
However, I truly hope you realize that you've been an Angel from the start, in seeking justice for Teresa and her girls.
We all don't know if you have any real connection to Teresa and her family, aside from living in the same town as her. It really doesn't matter.
In years to come, most (I know I will) will never forget the tenacity and effort you've made to bring justice forward for this innocent woman and her precious little girls; and all done in a class-act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member