2016.02.26 Mark D. Sievers: Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. In this link Hollander is saying that one of the Sievers children has a serious medical problem?? This is the first that I have heard this. Can anyone shed any light
on this?

Did you watch the arraignment hearing video? MS tilted his head and gave a weird look when he listend to the judge at one certain time. It was around the time of discussion re bond amount and a future hearing to explain how he got the bond money if he bailed out.

I'd like to personally thank the Judge for the bond amount...it was as though that was slapped right across the face. Although he deserves much more punishment then this, it was a defining moment for me.

Much like this...............:slap:

I don't understand why they didn't just hold him without bond? I haven't seen AZ, but hopefully she'll find ME sometime today. My question is: Does the judge HAVE to set a bond for people before they're legally found guilty?
Was the reason CWW and JR had no bond because they lived out of state?

ETA ~
I do realize that that < lol...amount of bond is almost impossible to attain.

That makes sense actually (about CWW and JRR being from out of state) because one of the factors for the judge to consider in assessing flight risk is "ties to the community."

I think there may be a method to their madness with this high bond. See if Mark is able to come up with it and where it's from? Is that possible Az or Creeping?

Yes, but I don't think there's any suspicion of a still-undiscovered insurance policy or anything like that, so I doubt that was a consideration.

So he's getting life? Hope the children are okay?

Sent from my Z755 using Tapatalk

There has been no trial yet. CWW pleaded guilty to second degree murder. He could get 25 years for that, but he has not been sentenced yet so we don't know what his actual sentence will be yet. Sentencing is set for May, I think. And he has agreed to co-operate (meaning be a witness) in the cases of JRR and MS.

I'm sure the investigators already had a ton of circumstantial evidence against MS but having a co-operating witness is more likely to ensure a conviction of MS and JRR than not having one. It is obvious with all the discovery released that both CWW and JRR were going down. So then it became a matter of which one would make a plea deal first. And CWW jumped right in there before JRR could beat him to it.

Despite most of us thinking JRR would crack first, CWW is actually the better one since he obviously knew more about MS.

Great police work in this case.

From the news story on TV this morning, MS's attorney said that MS cannot pay the bail/bond and I don't think the 40K in the safe will quite cut it so this may be moot. I doubt Jerry Lubinski can do it since he didn't help his church buddy, CWW. (a little bit of intended sarcasm)

:moo: I don't expect it to be explosive at all. I have high regards for Mark's mother, TS family and other friends right now to do the right thing for the girls. I just don't anticipate it being "explosive"... I would never come up with that word to describe my anticipation.

My expectation is that Teresa's family, and marks family... will be low key and stay away from the media. I will be very disappointed if I see differently.

:moo:

I wasn't referring to BS acting out. I hold her in high regard. She is a victim too. My explosive comment was referring to MS pulling all the stunts he can do through his attorney. MS will be at the hearing by phone, video or in person. In Oregon, incarcerated parents have the right to be at those hearings through those choices.

Good morning America had a segment on the Teresa Sievers case this morning, and said if he's convicted, he could face the death penalty.

Not with his current change he can't. 2nd degree carries a sentence of 25 to life.

A grand jury indictment is needed to charge a defendant with 1st degree murder.

I expect the charge to be upped, but it's inaccurate for them to report at this time that he could face the DP when he has only been charged with 2nd degree as of right now.

Betting bail will be revoked once the grand jury indicts MS for 1st degree murder.

I would anticipate soon... that now they have Curtis information... they will bring it before the grand jury :moo:

I am not sure, and look to AZL for an answer, AZL ...can they ONLY bring to a grand jury once?

I have a question. In this link Hollander is saying that one of the Sievers children has a serious medical problem?? This is the first that I have heard this. Can anyone shed any light
on this?

I am not sure what the problem may be but it is very common with children this age under such stress to experience GI problems. Of course we have no idea but hopefully with time whatever medical problem it is, it will get better.

The girls are in need of a peaceful grounded life now.

I am not sure what the problem may be but it is very common with children this age under such stress to experience GI problems. Of course we have no idea but hopefully with time whatever medical problem it is, it will get better.

The girls are in need of a peaceful grounded life now.

Maybe asthma, there were lots of inhalers in their house.

I would anticipate soon... that now they have Curtis information... they will bring it before the grand jury :moo:

I am not sure, and look to AZL for an answer, AZL ...can they ONLY bring to a grand jury once?

There's no double jeopardy issue with grand jury proceedings, so they could go back if more information is learned.

I haven't exonerated her. Sheriff Scott's words were clear. Her character flaws don't make her part of the plot to murder Dr. Sievers. And homeschooling her kids and saying she cared about Mark in the police interview don't mean she was having an affair with him.

I agree. I actually think LS loved Teresa and would never ever hurt her in any way. I think LS actually thought MS was a good person, loving husband, great dad, a man of character and she was totally blindsided by this murder. All her actions post murder to me were in her mind helpful to the children and to Teresa's causes.

I haven't exonerated her. Sheriff Scott's words were clear. Her character flaws don't make her part of the plot to murder Dr. Sievers. And homeschooling her kids and saying she cared about Mark in the police interview don't mean she was having an affair with him.

I thought about the AW part of things and considering that the big tunas have now been netted, her history of personal tragedies, and her expected loyalty to or perhaps fear from her husband, even in jail, she might be considered not worth the trouble of going after her. Of course, I don't know any of the behind-the-scene details since all I heard were interviews with a bunch of 'I don't knows or I don't remembers' so I may be missing something. These are just my thoughts looking at the big picture.

I don't understand why they didn't just hold him without bond? I haven't seen AZ, but hopefully she'll find ME sometime today. My question is: Does the judge HAVE to set a bond for people before they're legally found guilty?
Was the reason CWW and JR had no bond because they lived out of state?

ETA ~
I do realize that that < lol...amount of bond is almost impossible to attain.

Plenty of defendants who live in Florida are held with no bond. I see it on local news daily. One example is the guy who killed his wife and posted a photo of her dead body on Facebook. He was held with no bond on a 2nd degree murder charge (which incidentally, was later upped to 1st degree after the grand jury indicted him).

Sorry for the request but can someone repost the link of CWW pleading guilty. There are so many links on this thread my eyes are crossed. TIA.

Here it is....CWW is about the 1:44 mark.

http://www.winknews.com/2016/02/26/scott-on-mark-sievers-arrest-we-got-our-man/

Too bad CWW didn't drive right to the LCSO last June and turn in MS then. CWW could have taped the "murder for hire" and MS would have been in jail immediately. As our amazing SMS said, (no quotes because it's not exactly verbatim) I wish this wouldn't have happened, but it did, and we had to find those responsible for this horrible crime...

In addition, Sievers&#8217; best friend, Curtis Wayne Wright, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on Friday and will serve 25 years in prison as part of a substantial assistance plea, meaning he will help prosecutors with their case against Mark Sievers.

&#8220;I&#8217;m pleading guilty because of my role in the planning and participating of the murder of Teresa Sievers,&#8221; Wright said in court.

Wright&#8217;s admission will hopefully bring closure to Teresa Sievers&#8217; family, said his attorney, Elizabeth Parker.

&#8220;Mr. Wright is deeply sorry for the pain and lifetime of suffering that he has caused those who were affected by his actions in this case, including his family and most importantly Teresa Sievers&#8217; daughters,&#8221; she said in a written statement.

http://www.winknews.com/2016/02/26/scott-on-mark-sievers-arrest-we-got-our-man/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member