2016.02.26 Mark D. Sievers: Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well don't you think when CWW stated he pled guilty for the "planning and participation" in killing TS- he himself indicated premeditation. I get the legal term BUT that comment did not get by us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes, that indicates premeditation to me. I suspect his next stop will be testifying before the grand jury.

For right now I'll be happy to read MS's 9 page warrant for his arrest. Might that be soon???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be very soon.

That was reported by Fo4 Now last night as well. MS jumping the fence into the neighbor's yard to me represents abandoning the children. I do not think therefore, that MS can have any input in regards to who will be in charge of the kids. That is only my opinion. I found it ridiculous for the lawyer to argue the children need their father , when negotiating a reduced bail. Yes, they do need a father. But not this father.

-Nin

Absolutely. Maybe it will be used Monday...just so glad this idiot is locked up. This is one elated neighborhood!!

Under Charges it states... HOMICIDE (MURDER DANGEROUS DEPRAVED WO PREMEDITATION)

Why "WO PREMEDITATION"? Maybe evidence has to be presented at a pre-trial hearing showing that it was 'premeditated' THEN the prosecution goes to trial trying MS on Premeditated Murder charge????

NOTE: pleased to see video of MS in LSCO designer garb. Another B**** Stole My Look! JMO.... JR Wore It Best
Shout out to Dmacky.... Merry Christmas!

OMG you are so funny!
:christmastree:

In Florida, only a grand jury can initiate charges for first-degree premeditated murder. I fully expect that to happen in this case.

Actually, now that everyone's been arrested, we should end up seeing just about all the evidence, due to the Sunshine Laws.

Thanks you for that fantastic news AZ ~
Nothing better than having a lawyer in the house!

I have another question. So CWW took a 25-year plea deal in exchange for providing information to LE about MS and the murder of TS.
He will be formally charged in 3 months, and he's already got his "deal."
So what happens IF by the time of MS's trial (considering there is one)
he is less than cooperative, and not as helpful with information as he promised?
Is there anything the prosecution can do to him if he "changes his mind"?

GMA - "we've been following this case......"

DEFINITELY qualifies as a high profile case...just saying... :cool:

I watch GMA in my state and it's been reported on only a few times these past months. Same with Jessica Chambers and the Savopoulos' murders.
Depth and frequency of coverage depends on the market. :/ Sad to say, but the truth is that there are so many hideous murders it would take a single channel of non-stop murder coverage. These cases are so in our face because we steep ourselves here on WS.

Where I live, there are horrible, heinous and torturous murders front and center, but the rest of the U.S. doesn't give the same coverage and it can't be expected.

Just watched the live hearing for MS....bond set at $ 4.43 million

When I read this, I was yelling to my DH in his computer room, 'OMG, it's the same amount as the life insurance'.
Then I said something about loving the judge. :heart:

I wonder if MS sees the irony?

irony.jpg

Sievers' next-door neighbor and her mother expressed relief and even “joy” at the news of Sievers’ arrest.

“The whole neighborhood is going to throw a block party, I’m dead serious,” Donetta Contreras said. “He terrorized the whole neighborhood.”

Contreras’ daughter, Kimberly Torres, said Sievers was “weird from day one,” despite Torres having purchased her home from the Sieverses.

“We had to change our locks three times in the seven years we’ve lived here and each time was because of him,” Torres said. “He’d show up in our yard, near our pool or on our porch out of nowhere.”

After Contreras was blocked from reaching her daughter’s home by multiple police units along Jarvis Road on Friday afternoon, she felt anxious and then relief.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...vers-arrested-wright-pleas-25-years/80997770/

One of the quotes in I think it was Naples news was from a neighbor who said there will be a block party. :) Sweet.

[/b]
OMG you are so funny!
:christmastree:

[/b]
Thanks you for that fantastic news AZ ~
Nothing better than having a lawyer in the house!

I have another question. So CWW took a 25-year plea deal in exchange for providing information to LE about MS and the murder of TS.
he is less than cooperative, and not as helpful with information as he promised?

Sure, they can revoke the deal. But I bet LE got him under oath with the crucial statements implicating MS the minute the judge approved the plea deal.

Dmacky said:

I was wondering the same. Would think that plea agreement, which he had to sign, would be null & void if CWW changes his mind AND would then make him eligible for Florida's Grand Jury First Prize = Murder in the First and Death Penalty. JMO

Sure, they can revoke the deal. But I bet LE got him under oath with the crucial statements implicating MS the minute the judge approved the plea deal.

Oh YES! It's on WS main forum under Breaking News. It's on my phone in a text I sent to my daughter---he signed a formal plea deal on Feb 19 and "formally pleaded guilty Friday in front of Judge Bruce Kyle." CWW... "I'm pleading guilty because of my role in the planing and participating of the murder of Tersa Sievers." I'll go find it again--CWW was in a hearing before the judge.

My daughter, who is a family law attorney, occasionally acts as a GAL - here are a couple of definitions:

"A “Guardian ad litem” (GAL) is a person the court appoints to investigate what solutions would be in the “best interests of a child.”

"Guardians ad litem are persons appointed by the court to represent “the best interests of the child” in court proceedings. In family court, guardians are appointed in contested custody and visitation cases, name changes, adoptions, DSS abuse and neglect cases, and termination of parental rights cases."

I'm hopeful in the Sievers' daughters case, they will be well taken care of, both legally and personally.

Thanks for your post... it makes me a bit more hopeful. I really hope you're right. My own experiences with a GAL have not been that great in protecting children from a convicted criminal, so this part of this case is pretty tough for me to follow because of that. I worry about the girls. I hope they're getting/have gotten a good GAL.

Did you watch the arraignment hearing video? MS tilted his head and gave a weird look when he listend to the judge at one certain time. It was around the time of discussion re bond amount and a future hearing to explain how he got the bond money if he bailed out.

Yes!
His lawyer Hollander argued for $250,000 instead...
Does that mean MS can get his hands on that kind of cash?

“A friend of mine called me :phone: after seeing news reports,” Hollander said.

The attorney said he’ll request that his client be released on bond because he isn’t a flight risk.

“He’s lived here for years. His kids are here. He owns his own property here, I believe,” Hollander said. :giggle:
he believes? :thinking: Yeah uh let me get back with you on that

Commenting on the rather unusual step taken by sheriff’s officials in making Wright undergo a “perp walk” in front of news reporters and photographers, Hollander said that “they wanted to get their 15 minutes of fame. Whatever floats their boat.”

The maximum penalty for second-degree murder is life in prison, the attorney said. It takes a grand jury to indict someone for first-degree murder, which comes with possible penalties of life in prison or the death penalty upon conviction.

Regarding Wright’s plea deal, Hollander said: “It sounds like they bought and paid for Wright’s testimony."
whatever floats HIS boat :wink:

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...vers-arrested-wright-pleas-25-years/80997770/

Hey AZ! The SAO is/was preparing documents for an upcoming doc dump. Do you think this particular dump will be put on hold since CWW signed a plea agreement? Do you think we will still see doc dumps for CWW or do you think that we'll now have to wait for MS's lawyer to request discovery?

Found it... CWW pleads guilty before judge in plea deal

Go to WS Homepage, down to Current Events, click on TODAY! on Websleuths, then click ***BREAKING NEWS!!!***, next look for Post #1431, Yesterday (Friday) 04:29 by Ticya, WS Forum Moderator. There are also a couple of links but Ticya has all quoted stuff there in the post.

Did anyone notice the Judge said "Mr Sievers you are here for one count of second degree premeditated murder"?....or am I hearing that incorrectly?

I have read (or heard) twice now about the cat walking around the house trying to get in. Couldn't BS pick the cat up? And someone will need to be able to get the dog. I'm sure the home is secure but LE could assist with the animals. I heard on the live report from Corey Lazar this morning (WINK news) that the judge was concerned about the girls education. It seems like the best bet for them at this point would be to be placed with LS since her children are home schooled too. Hopefully it will not take long before family members can get them though. I hope they don't have to wait for a conviction!

BS knows the pet's schedule, can she get in? Where are the rescue groups for animals in crisis?

Hey AZ! The SAO is/was preparing documents for an upcoming doc dump. Do you think this particular dump will be put on hold since CWW signed a plea agreement? Do you think we will still see doc dumps for CWW or do you think that we'll now have to wait for MS's lawyer to request discovery?

The current doc dump is for information that has already been disclosed in CWW's case. So we should still get that. As for other info, it will depend on what the media (or whoever) has asked for. If they have only asked for information disclosed to the defense in CWW's case, they will need to make a new request for, e.g., information disclosed in MS's case. Or they can go to the sheriff's office instead of to the prosecutor's office and ask for all information relating to the investigation of MS.

I am always astounded at how quickly Webseluths becomes aware of the breaking news and posters are able to focus on the important things (taking care of the girls and pets).

There are so many good hearted people here. It gives me hope.

I think MS has gained weight. Hard to do that on the type of diet TS had for the family, I feel.

I think MS has gained weight. Hard to do that on the type of diet TS had for the family, I feel.

I have never had jail food but, I bet MS is going to be in shock and probably pitch a hissy. I have heard it's not very appetizing, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper