2016.04.21 Bond Reduction Hearing thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was confused on that as well.

I read up thread that the check was for CWW's traveling expenses to Florida. Was it paid in advance or was it a reimbursement?

It makes a difference IMO because the defense will use the timing to claim that it wasn't a "payment" for murder.

I read up thread that the check was for CWW's traveling expenses to Florida. Was it paid in advance or was it a reimbursement?

It makes a difference IMO because the defense will use the timing to claim that it wasn't a "payment" for murder.

Right. That is where I am lost. I thought it was reimbursement and that he was to get the large payment after MS received the life insurance.

Do we know for sure that the check was given to CWW after the murder and not before?

Thanks for asking, Ranch! I was just about to post the same question. At one point I thought it was stated that CWW used the money for travel to FL to commit the murder...... now that I think about it, it could have been he and AW's FL "vacay" after the murder?

Right. That is where I am lost. I thought it was reimbursement and that he was to get the large payment after MS received the life insurance.

My concern is if the payment to CWW was before he left for Florida the defense can claim that the money was for almost anything and not traveling expenses to get to the murder site.

If it was afterwards the state will be able tie it to murder much easier. JMO

Does anyone have a link to the hearing , not just short clips ? I would love to hear it and see it. Thanks :)

Check was received after the homicide.

-Nin

You're too funny. Just like you were, I was looking all over for ear buds as well. Knowing testimony starts soon and courtrooms are notorious for occasional weak audio, I guess we better have an extra pair of ear buds at our ready.
I ran out today and got an extra pair, for the next time! I was able to hear perfectly on my iPad.
I, too, was so relieved and thankful the judge denied the reduction.

Check was received after the homicide.

-Nin
Am I remembering correctly that an envelope with Teresa's name on it was found in CWW's possession? Just speculating, obviously, but I wonder if the creep had the check waiting for him in it? [emoji35]

Excuse me for jumping in, but after straining to hear it for so long, I want to share the info while fresh in my mind. From the WINK audio at 53:20 the questions and answers to the check are explained in court!
https://www.facebook.com/winknewstv/videos/10154125
HAMID: The check received by Curtis Wright from Mark Sievers... did he tell you what he used it for?

DET DREAMY: He did.

HAMID: What did he tell you he used it for?

DET DREAMY: It was used primarily for the trip down to Florida to commit the murder of Teresa Sievers.

Pretty much confirms what I thought. CWW got a check (ie down payment) from MS to cover the cost of going down to Florida and committing the murder. CWW was then supposed to get more $$$ after the insurance companies paid.

I think from now on I am going to refer to Prosecutor Hamid as "MR. I GOT THIS!"

Pretty much confirms what I thought. CWW got a check (ie down payment) from MS to cover the cost of going down to Florida and committing the murder. CWW was then supposed to get more $$$ after the insurance companies paid.

I think from now on I am going to refer to Prosecutor Hamid as "MR. I GOT THIS!"

SBM

So do you feel that the check was given to CWW as a down payment in advance of going to Florida to murder Teresa or a payment after the murder as an advance to the larger payout?

SBM

So do you feel that the check was given to CWW as a down payment in advance of going to Florida to murder Teresa or a payment after the murder as an advance to the larger payout?
Hiya RANCH:smile: I bolded and enlarged what I believe above. I wrote down the information exactly as I heard it from the interview. And, I also remember CWW's bride claiming, "We never had no money." (paraphrasing her response, ok) Hmmmm, that has to be a lie, because how else would CWW come up with the $100 bills he used at Walmart and the gas stations???

Could there have been 2 checks?

First check was for trip to Florida....Second check was for the murder, given to CWW just before or after the funeral. MS could have given him another check at that time at his moms house or his house. The State may not have wanted to release all that info to the public just yet, or hoped those here on WS, would not figure out 2 checks, so the wording came out 'strange and confusing' to us but not to the Judge, State or defense. Just an other theory.

I think the check was received before CWW went to Florida and would not normally be considered "payment for the murder," but the detective just very badly wanted to screw with MS's attorney so figured out a way he could say "yes" CWW received a payment for the murder. :)

I based my post on Carpenter's (NDN) Twitter statement:

https://twitter.com/NDN_JCarpenter

However, while re-listening to the detective's statement, it does not sound clear to me. It all depends on if one say's 'he received payment for the murder', if such murder has actually taken place yet.

Marker -19:00

https://www.facebook.com/winknewstv/videos/10154125753694161/

-Nin

I'm sure that CWW told the state that the check he received from MS was for traveling to Florida to murder Teresa.

I'm looking down the road on how the defense will try to counter this statement. The timing of when CWW could factor in on what a jury will believe is the truth. JMO

I think the check was received before CWW went to Florida and would not normally be considered "payment for the murder," but the detective just very badly wanted to screw with MS's attorney so figured out a way he could say "yes" CWW received a payment for the murder. :)

Thanks AZ. I wonder if Mark's lawyer will be ready for testimony like this at trial? It appears he let this one get past him.

I'm sure that CWW told the state that the check he received from MS was for traveling to Florida to murder Teresa.

I'm looking down the road on how the defense will try to counter this statement. The timing of when CWW could factor in on what a jury will believe is the truth. JMO
Heck, at this point I wouldn't be surprised to find out that MS wrote "payment for murder expenses" in the memo line.

I understand what you are saying, RANCH. However, no matter how MS's defense tries to explain the transference of compensation, looking down the road......How in the world will they ever explain the SUDDEN NEED FOR BURNER PHONES and sophisticated (NOT!)use of code word "OTHER" ???? I can see a lot of possibilities in the defense argument already....but I keep coming back to the purchase and use of burner phones!! If MS's conversations with CWW were in the course of normal business, WHY THE SUDDEN NEED TO USE BURNER PHONES??
To me and I have thought about this a lot, BURNER PHONES=CONSPIRACY=PREMEDITATION=GUILT.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganemma
Back