25 October 2011 Main Stream Media coverage of Baby Lisa

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Divorces (and divorce lawyers) aren't cheap. Especially when there is a child involved, contested or not. Spent upwards of over 2000 on mine and it wasn't overly contested.

A relative got a divorce, 2 kids involved, and it cost them around $500. They split it so it ended up costing each of them around 250. They worked out their child support, visitation, etc, using a local minister as a mediator, so it can be done rather cheaply.

I think in this case, there's more to the story than the cost of a divorce.

Northland resident Mike Hancock, who used to rent a room to Jersey's girlfriend, says that Jersey was an occasional guest until Hancock kicked the woman out of the home near 36th and North Brighton in August for not paying rent. The home is just two doors down from one with a backyard well searched by police on Wednesday.

Another neighbor says that police visited her a few days ago with a picture of Jersey.

"I did take Jersey down on Lister one day he said to his buddy's house where he was staying," said neighbor Barbara Hoy. The home she took Jersey to visit is across the street from the Irwin family home in the 3600 block of N. Lister.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-des...search-for-baby-lisa-20111013,0,3018904.story

Holy Moly!!!! And JI ran across the street (according to PI and JT) to see if Lisa was there?

My son is in the Army. He was able to buy a car and an expensive Alienware computer with the money he got from going to Iraq. They get well over 2,000.

My sister got quite a bit too. Her and my nephew's father were both shipped out when he was 4 months and with their bonuses they were able to put away a really nice sum for his college.

Even further O/T: I have a sick kid home again today so I'm falling so far behind. Can't someone just text me when something important is going on so I can keep up, lol. Hopefully today will be the day that this breaks and baby Lisa comes home.

There's been questions of when the lawyers were hired by DB and JI.

In this article from October 21st, it appears they had a lawyer with them during their last sit down with LE on October 8th.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...rrying-baby-resembling-lisa-irwin/?hpt=ng_mid

Attorneys for Bradley and Irwin said in a newspaper interview Friday that authorities still seemed to be focused on their clients, and the sense that they are being treated like suspects is contributing to their strained relationship with law enforcement. Attorneys Cynthia Short and Sean O’Brien insisted that, despite what police have said, Lisa’s parents are still willing to cooperate with investigators.

O’Brien, who was representing Bradley and Irwin during their last interview with police on October 8, said detectives suggested theories at the time that Lisa may have died in an accident in the home or from being shaken by one of the parents. According to O’Brien, police clearly believe the parents know more about what happened to Lisa than they have said.

O/T in reference to deborah not being divorced, maybe her husband likes having a wife and child to claim at tax time.

http://www.kmbc.com/r/29579101/detail.html

parents concerned with the national spotlight

Short also said the couple has one fear: that the spotlight and attention is focused on them.

Above snipped from article.

Say WHAT? I swear they make me SMH every single day. What is wrong with this couple? Their BABY is missing, kidnapped if you believe them, she could be anywhere by now but they object to the national spotlight? The same people that shunned local media for....the national spotlight? You made your bed sweetie....

ETA: And they have ONE fear? Their only fear is that people are looking at them? What about the fear that their child will never come home, is being abused or heaven forbid is dead? Their ONE freaking fear is for themselves?

#8 10/24/11 CS (attorney for parents) states that the parents will sit down with LE as long as it is with NEW detectives (parents don't feel comfortable with the others).

This is such BS. I'll gladly eat my words if something else should come to pass (would be ecstatic, really) but imo, it's all too hinky to believe anything but a familial issue. Luckily, I am not judge or jury and don't have to believe anyone is innocent until guilty on the internet.

i don't like the fact that the fliers and reporter say kidnapped......IMO we don't know for sure she was kidnapped.

i think "missing" would have been the right choice of word here jmo

Even if the parents really believe she was taken from the home, "abducted" is a more accurate term than "kidnapped". Unless, of course, there was a ransom note and we just haven't gotten wind of it.

I'm just now catching up on the headlines from my Comcast homepage and saw this article about Lisa:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20111025/US.Kansas.City.Missing.Baby/

Missing Mo. baby's age makes her harder to find
By HEATHER HOLLINGSWORTH, AP

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The reported sightings have come from as far as California, people just certain they've spotted the blond-haired Kansas City baby whose cherubic face has been printed on fliers and circulated on national television programs since her disappearance three weeks ago.

Yet so far, the some 200 calls fielded by Kansas City police have only generated a string of false positives in the search for Lisa Irwin.

The problem, officials say, is that at her age — just 10 months when she went missing on Oct. 4 — countless babies match the same description, right down to the bright blue eyes and two bottom teeth. She does have a distinguishing birth mark on her right thigh, but that would hardly be noticed from a distance...

I'm just now catching up on the headlines from my Comcast homepage and saw this article about Lisa:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20111025/US.Kansas.City.Missing.Baby/

Missing Mo. baby's age makes her harder to find
By HEATHER HOLLINGSWORTH, AP

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The reported sightings have come from as far as California, people just certain they've spotted the blond-haired Kansas City baby whose cherubic face has been printed on fliers and circulated on national television programs since her disappearance three weeks ago.

Yet so far, the some 200 calls fielded by Kansas City police have only generated a string of false positives in the search for Lisa Irwin.

The problem, officials say, is that at her age — just 10 months when she went missing on Oct. 4 — countless babies match the same description, right down to the bright blue eyes and two bottom teeth. She does have a distinguishing birth mark on her right thigh, but that would hardly be noticed from a distance...

And I don't think all the photos of LI when she was quite a bit younger help any. LI was a large child and people will be looking for a baby since those are the photos constantly shown by the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019