25 October 2011 Main Stream Media coverage of Baby Lisa

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, if one of my dogs went missing my neighbors would be plagued by the sight of me.

*knock knock* "Hello? Seen my dog yet?
*knock knock* Hi, me again. Seen my dog?
*knock knock* Yeah, sorry, I know...but have you SEEN MY DOG YET?!

This made me laugh hysterically - thank you for that!

More importantly there is a huge element of truth to it.

I took it as she wants to put the boys in Catholic school. MOO. I think this is part of the spin. Didn't the lawyer say they would be bringing in a spiritual advisor?

I agree on the spin. Spiritual advisor? Oh, good grief. This couple is surrounded by "advisors" and not one yet has had enough sense to say "Get your butts down to the polics station NOW and answer every question they have so they can clear you and find your child." What they need is a family member to step up and ask them what the heck they are thinking and exactly when they intend to get down to the business of finding their child. If this was one of my brothers I would have beat them to death by now just for the sheer lack of action.

I noticed that JT said 3 independent witness, not connected to each other in his interview this morning. Does he just not know the facts here or is that deliberate spin?

Having grown up Catholic, I don't think it's getting weirder to hear of a family with children in private school, who keep a very tidy home and the mom drinks several times a week.

Par for the course, really. If they were Mormons, or Church of Christ, that would be strange. Catholics don't have a big caveat against drinking.

but i'm sure they would be against getting so drunk that your daughter is "taken" and you didn't hear a thing? JMO

I took it as she wants to put the boys in Catholic school. MOO. I think this is part of the spin. Didn't the lawyer say they would be bringing in a spiritual advisor?

That's how I took it too...that it would mean alot to her if the boys could be put in catholic school.

So, if they weren't in catholic school before, why does she want to put them in catholic school now? And where is the money for that coming from, if this is something new? From the money they've gotten from the evil national media interviews? Money obtained by talking about your kidnapped infant?

(And don't anyone come in here and give me a lecture about pointing fingers, either. Note all the question marks in my post..that means I'm just asking questions.)

http://www.kmbc.com/r/29579101/detail.html

The parents of missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin say they are concerned for their other children as national attention to the search continues to grow.
KMBC's Marcus Moore reported that Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley were seen with their two young boys as they walked into a relative's home on North Walrond Avenue Monday afternoon.
“What I see and what I’ve seen so far is a very young couple who have young children, starting out, still building the family,” family attorney Cyndy Short said.

Short said the couple is trying their best to keep life as normal as possible for the boys as the search for their missing 11-month-old sister continues.
“We had a talk just yesterday about her wanting to provide the kids a Catholic education, and how important that would be to her,” Short said.
Short also said the couple has one fear: that the spotlight and attention is focused on them.
“Someone who sees a child that might meet the description would say, ‘I don’t need to make that phone call.’ That’s the fear,” Short said. “What we want to do is say, ‘Please, make the phone call, even if you’re not sure. Just make the phone call.”
The baby was reported missing early on the morning of Oct. 4. Since that time Kansas City police and the FBI have conducted several searches of the area and most recently, the property at 3620 North Lister Avenue.
“This is an ordinary family that lives paycheck to paycheck, who has had an extraordinary thing happen to them," Short said.

IMO that means they are not in private/Catholic school at this time, it is something DB wants

I noticed that JT said 3 independent witness, not connected to each other in his interview this morning. Does he just not know the facts here or is that deliberate spin?

Well it got to be the spin. There are no 3 independent witnesses. The first two are a couple. The third guy came forward after the neighbor lady was already on TV talking.

but i'm sure they would be against getting so drunk that your daughter is "taken" and you didn't hear a thing? JMO

Babies have been taken from homes with stone cold sober parents sleeping in them. I don't want to chase this down a rabbit hole, but my priest growing up routinely got drunk at public functions - the church picnic where beer was sold, going to the Astros baseball games with the youth group, etc.

There are some religions that don't allow drinking, and Catholics aren't one of them.

I don't know that the Irwins are catholic, though.

I don't see how DB and JI could afford to send their boys to a Catholic school. Most charge tuition, and some even have the caveat of belonging to the parish, hence contributing to the support of the parish on a regular basis. Parochial schools generally don't provide transportation, so the children have to live walking distance from the school or be driven by parents or in car pools. Parochial schools in my area have waiting lists, and unless children are enrolled for Kindergarten or first grade, it's difficult for older students to be admitted.

This continues to be a misconception that the public and posters on this board just will not turn loose of.

They're in contact with the police, and take the police phone calls, and answer questions.

They have not submitted to an "unrestricted" interrogation again, as they had done the first 4 days.

I don't know why this continues to be discussed incorrectly

this is coming from their lawyers....

so I am not sure what is correct or not. They are defense attorneys. I based my thought process on what Law Enforcement has been saying. :twocents:

Babies have been taken from homes with stone cold sober parents sleeping in them. I don't want to chase this down a rabbit hole, but my priest growing up routinely got drunk at public functions - the church picnic where beer was sold, going to the Astros baseball games with the youth group, etc.

There are some religions that don't allow drinking, and Catholics aren't one of them.

I don't know that the Irwins are catholic, though.

Really? What case would that be of babies taken out of home with sober parents sleeping in them?

this is coming from their lawyers....

so I am not sure what is correct or not. They are defense attorneys. I based my thought process on what Law Enforcement has been saying. :twocents:

No, that came straight from the mouth of the cop on video. He was the one who said they are answering questions to clarify tips, but won't submit to an "unrestricted" interview. That's why that word is used in conjunction with the Irwins - it came straight from the mouth of a cop, on video.

The parents of missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin say they are concerned for their other children as national attention to the search continues to grow.
KMBC's Marcus Moore reported that Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley were seen with their two young boys as they walked into a relative's home on North Walrond Avenue Monday afternoon.
“What I see and what I’ve seen so far is a very young couple who have young children, starting out, still building the family,” family attorney Cyndy Short said.

Short said the couple is trying their best to keep life as normal as possible for the boys as the search for their missing 11-month-old sister continues.
“We had a talk just yesterday about her wanting to provide the kids a Catholic education, and how important that would be to her,” Short said.
Short also said the couple has one fear: that the spotlight and attention is focused on them.
“Someone who sees a child that might meet the description would say, ‘I don’t need to make that phone call.’ That’s the fear,” Short said. “What we want to do is say, ‘Please, make the phone call, even if you’re not sure. Just make the phone call.”
The baby was reported missing early on the morning of Oct. 4. Since that time Kansas City police and the FBI have conducted several searches of the area and most recently, the property at 3620 North Lister Avenue.
“This is an ordinary family that lives paycheck to paycheck, who has had an extraordinary thing happen to them," Short said.

IMO that means they are not in private/Catholic school at this time, it is something DB wants

She has some caviar dreams for a SAHM who was living on a beer budget and couldn't even afford a working phone. Not sure she could even afford a box o wine since it was purchased separately and it appeared that she handed change back to her brother. :waitasec:

Are they taking to the local media now? Is that a local media website with this story?

MOO

No, that came straight from the mouth of the cop on video. He was the one who said they are answering questions to clarify tips, but won't submit to an "unrestricted" interview. That's why that word is used in conjunction with the Irwins - it came straight from the mouth of a cop, on video.

I understand that part... and sorry I did not make myself clearer...

but all the rest comes from the defense attorneys and as recently as yesterday (in the msm thread) they have said that the family continues to not cooperate.

they have lawyered up.. so any interview from this point will be "restricted" in that sense...:twocents:

I have missed some info on this case, articles and such, but that stuck out to me (I'm not catholic, but my father was). Your bolded sentence is a crazy thing to say when you have a missing baby.

Really? What case would that be of babies taken out of home with sober parents sleeping in them?

Do you really need a list? Jessica Lunsford (grandparents asleep), Coralrose Fullwood, Polly Klaas, Elizabeth Smart. I could go on exhaustively, but do you really need me to?

edited to add: Baby Charles Lindberg Jr. who was taken from his crib in the early evening while his parents were still AWAKE and the nursemaid was also in the home.

Do you really need a list? Jessica Lunsford (grandparents asleep), Coralrose Fullwood, Polly Klaas, Elizabeth Smart. I could go on exhaustively, but do you really need me to?

You claimed "babies." What is the point of having a baby monitor since DB admits she got drunk and didn't hear anything?

I don't see how DB and JI could afford to send their boys to a Catholic school. Most charge tuition, and some even have the caveat of belonging to the parish, hence contributing to the support of the parish on a regular basis. Parochial schools generally don't provide transportation, so the children have to live walking distance from the school or be driven by parents or in car pools. Parochial schools in my area have waiting lists, and unless children are enrolled for Kindergarten or first grade, it's difficult for older students to be admitted.

Call me jaded but IMO that statement was pure spin to make them look better. Perhaps if some benefactor stepped up and offered to pay the tuition they would send the kids on their merry little way.

Well it got to be the spin. There are no 3 independent witnesses. The first two are a couple. The third guy came forward after the neighbor lady was already on TV talking.

Attorney Short reported that there was a witness who saw a man at the dumpster at or about the time of the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019