25 October 2011 Main Stream Media coverage of Baby Lisa

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I'm thinking..it's not really as crazy as you might believe when someone wishes to "appear" to be a certain way to enlist the "sympathy" of the LARGE CATHOLIC population. It does not surprise me the thought that they are invoking tactics of Christian principals for manipulative purpose in their defense. pfft...

One of my dearest, brightest colleagues is Atheist and sends her child to Catholic school. Scholarships are available for the needy, so this may not be an education paid by the parents.

I always say, the only thing one has to do is 'claim' they are "Christian" and all of a sudden, people are disarmed. ;(

Actions speak louder than words. I wonder if she was married in the Catholic Church and if Bradley and Irwin decide to marry that the Church will condone it?

I think it is preposterous at this point for anyone to believe that this woman is "innocent". To what extent she is guilty has yet to be determined, but guilty she IS.

I think that's exactly how this case will rest, no matter how it's solved (or not) with many on this board.

She may be completely innocent of harming her baby, she may be telling the absolute truth and a stranger or acquaintance came in the house in the wee hours and stole her baby. But she's guilty anyway, of drinking and not submitting to interrogation for more days on end.

I think she's probably innocent. No adults are sinless, that was for Jesus Christ alone. I think there is a population of posters who believe she is guilty, and nothing in the world will take that back, not even finding her buried in some weirdo's yard with a full confession.

So maybe it's time to go to the dog park.

Happy posting, all.

You know, I'm thinking..it's not really as crazy as you might believe when someone wishes to "appear" to be a certain way to enlist the "sympathy" of the LARGE CATHOLIC population. It does not surprise me the thought that they are invoking tactics of Christian principals for manipulative purpose in their defense. pfft...

One of my dearest, brightest colleagues is Atheist and sends her child to Catholic school. Scholarships are available for the needy, so this may not be an education paid by the parents.

I always say, the only thing one has to do is 'claim' they are "Christian" and all of a sudden, people are disarmed. ;(

Actions speak louder than words. I wonder if she was married in the Catholic Church and if Bradley and Irwin decide to marry that the Church will condone it?

I think it is preposterous at this point for anyone to believe that this woman is "innocent". To what extent she is guilty has yet to be determined, but guilty she IS.

Knowledge is Power

I don't see how DB and JI could afford to send their boys to a Catholic school. Most charge tuition, and some even have the caveat of belonging to the parish, hence contributing to the support of the parish on a regular basis. Parochial schools generally don't provide transportation, so the children have to live walking distance from the school or be driven by parents or in car pools. Parochial schools in my area have waiting lists, and unless children are enrolled for Kindergarten or first grade, it's difficult for older students to be admitted.

My daughter was in Catholic school K4-8th grade. Tuition was $8000 a year, so all told I spent $80,000 on tuition. They give you a break on a 2nd child, so that one would be around $6000 per year. That's $14,000 a year just in tuition for two kids. Add another $1000 for books, supplies, and uniforms each year for each child and that's $16,000. And you're right, they do not provide bus or transporation service and yes, you have to contribute $$ to the parish every Sunday. How is someone who can't even afford to pay their cell phone bill going to send their two children to Catholic school????

I was raised Catholic. It's been awhile...but when I was brought up the church did not recognize or condone divorce, except in very rare instances.

(Not that I find that in any way relevant to this case, mind you.)

GMA covering Baby Lisa right now. The older witness to the man carrying a baby picked "Jersey" out of a photo lineup.

I still want to know where the heck "Jersey's" girlfriend is.

***ALERT - JUST OPINION AND THINKING OUT LOUD HERE - SPECULATING, IF YOU WILL***
I'm wondering - remember One Eyed Jacks? The bar that Jersey got kicked out of for being drunk and being rude (or was it fightin?). Did Mr. Biker Dude get into it with Jersey at One Eyed Jacks one night and now - well,,,, payback is a pain - THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND MAYBE SOME STINKIN' THINKIN' Just odd that this guy waited a week to report this, couldn't remember a whole lot about it - but can pick a local homeless, handyman out of a lineup after this long?
***END OF SPECULATING AND STINKIN' THINKIN'***

You've GOT to be kidding me!! Hello?! Megan Kelly, Judge Jeanine, Dan Abrams, George Stephanopoulis, Robin Whoosiewhatsit?! The parents couldn't have said, "Thanks, but no thanks." ?!

Give. Me. A. Break.

It does make it harder to have the baby "just get dropped off at a safe location"...just sayin'...

I was raised Catholic. It's been awhile...but when I was brought up the church did not recognize or condone divorce, except in vay rare instances.

(Not that I find that in any way relevant to this case, mind you.)

What does the church think of someone married to one guy but living with another?

the family, if innocent is in a huge 'catch 22'.

If they are innocent they have taken bad advice from someone from the get go...

They said they would do whatever it took in the beginning.. that they knew police would look at them.. but they have not talked to the police in nearly 20 days..

They have been the ones that thrust this drama into the face of the nation with the 'he said she said' back and forth between police. And now we have lawyers defending them and cutting down LE on an almost daily basis.

This went south from the get go imhoo... Either these parents are ignorant and took bad advice or they are hiding something..

**two cents**

I have to wonder - that's what is keeping me on the fence. Remember Ashley Irwin's sometimes bizarre statements on behalf of the family? A family member (not DB or JI) shutting the door in Gil Abeyeta's face? As soon as attorneys came on the case, Bill Stanton gets the boot? Plus, the fact that their statements to the media before and after retaining representation have lacked any finesse whatsoever, I have to wonder if they've followed some bad advice, and now the attorneys are trying to play cleanup, but it's hindered by their prior actions and the fact that DB just can't stop putting her foot in her mouth.

for those who cannot watch the video:
SB has not seen his son in two years
he is in the reserves
he says DB was a good mom
DB's mom died in her sleep when DB was 15
DB always wanted a girl and named Baby Lisa after her own mother
SB and DB are not divorced because they do not have the money

This is one piece that keeps me on the fence. Motherless girls have a very special bond with their baby girls IMO. Speaking as someone who lost my mother young, and who has daughters. It's almost impossible to explain unless you've experienced the loss of a mother at a young age- and I am rarely at a loss of words.

With no history of bad parenting, even her EX and EX-in-laws claiming she is a pretty good mum, and me assuming she has always wanted that baby girl- I just can't put the pieces together.

***ALERT - JUST OPINION AND THINKING OUT LOUD HERE - SPECULATING, IF YOU WILL***
I'm wondering - remember One Eyed Jacks? The bar that Jersey got kicked out of for being drunk and being rude (or was it fightin?). Did Mr. Biker Dude get into it with Jersey at One Eyed Jacks one night and now - well,,,, payback is a pain - THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND MAYBE SOME STINKIN' THINKIN' Just odd that this guy waited a week to report this, couldn't remember a whole lot about it - but can pick a local homeless, handyman out of a lineup after this long?
***END OF SPECULATING AND STINKIN' THINKIN'***

I wonder where biker dude works that he was coming home at 4am? Is he an electrician too? :waitasec:

This is one piece that keeps me on the fence. Motherless girls have a very special bond with their baby girls IMO. Speaking as someone who lost my mother young, and who has daughters. It's almost impossible to explain unless you've experienced the loss of a mother at a young age- and I am rarely at a loss of words.

With no history of bad parenting, even her EX and EX-in-laws claiming she is a pretty good mum, and me assuming she has always wanted that baby girl- I just can't put the pieces together.

By her own admission, she put a baby into her crib at 6:40 pm, got drunk, and doesn't know if she ever checked on her. And the child had a cold. And she defends her right to have "adult time" and doesn't think she did anything wrong at all. Would you describe that as "good parenting?"

They couldn't become full members of the Catholic church, nor would a Catholic school accept them, because they are living in an adulterous relationship. They can't take communion either. Not until DB gets an annulment and DB and JI get married would they be fully accepted into the school/church.

Having said that, Catholic schools do take non-Catholic students but they are excluded from religious activities (mass, first communion, confirmation, etc) and the parish provides no financial assistance to them. If DB thinks the Catholic community will take pity on them and offer to provide an education for her two boys, she is wrong. She'll pay the $14,000 a year just like every other non-member, if they take them in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019