Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Above snipped from article.

Say WHAT? I swear they make me SMH every single day. What is wrong with this couple? Their BABY is missing, kidnapped if you believe them, she could be anywhere by now but they object to the national spotlight? The same people that shunned local media for....the national spotlight? You made your bed sweetie....

ETA: And they have ONE fear? Their only fear is that people are looking at them? What about the fear that their child will never come home, is being abused or heaven forbid is dead? Their ONE freaking fear is for themselves?

:banghead: cannot...handle...the...inconsistency...

ETA: Good morning, everyone.

i don't like the fact that the fliers and reporter say kidnapped......IMO we don't know for sure she was kidnapped.

i think "missing" would have been the right choice of word here jmo

They printed those shirts to further their own agenda and it had nothing to do with baby Lisa, IMO.

#8 10/24/11 CS (attorney for parents) states that the parents will sit down with LE as long as it is with NEW detectives (parents don't feel comfortable with the others).

Good. Fine. Bring in the next set of detectives. It's not like they'll bring in the dumbed down detectives just for the sake of these people who want new ears to listen to their lies. In the end it does'nt matter they(the parents) will impose new rules and conditions. It's the only way they (the parents) feel like they can get one over on LE. Not gonna work.

No matter how I look at it, they are not doing a thing to find this child they are so trying to convince the public that was kidnapped. Hey they even have the shirt now. Says "kidnapped" right on it.

imo

It's totally bizarre if they're concerned about the national spotlight that they went parading around like they did. I mean I am sure that in the beginning their intent was to get their story out there, but what did they expect to happen? That the media would just take what they gave them and stop there? Of course it's snowballed into something huge where the media is analyzing and over-analyzing every little thing.

Eyewitness testimony is so tricky. Most of us know how vulnerable it is to outside influence making it relatively unreliable, yet juries still value it as the #1 piece of evidence used in making their decision. Fascinating.

While talking about this case this morning, my 14 year old daughter said to me, "I feel sorry for the police if I ever go missing. You'd be camped out in the lobby 24/7 harrassing every one of the cops walking by and demanding to know why they are eating donuts instead of looking for me!"

She was dead serious. And she was dead right. Children do have a way of cutting to the chase, don't they?

Wow. They are the ones that wanted NATIONAL attention. Im sorry but with every new article I get more aggravated. And Catholic education really? Living pay check to pay check? Sitting on hands

So, the boys are both school age, right? Were they already in Catholic school, or is this some new device intended to show that these parents are upright, devoutly religious people? (who would never get plastered while...oh NEVERMIND!)

Northland resident Mike Hancock, who used to rent a room to Jersey's girlfriend, says that Jersey was an occasional guest until Hancock kicked the woman out of the home near 36th and North Brighton in August for not paying rent. The home is just two doors down from one with a backyard well searched by police on Wednesday.

Another neighbor says that police visited her a few days ago with a picture of Jersey.

"I did take Jersey down on Lister one day he said to his buddy's house where he was staying," said neighbor Barbara Hoy. The home she took Jersey to visit is across the street from the Irwin family home in the 3600 block of N. Lister.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-des...search-for-baby-lisa-20111013,0,3018904.story

So Jersey's friend lived across the street from the Irwins? :waitasec:

So, the boys are both school age, right? Were they already in Catholic school, or is this some new device intended to show that these parents are upright, devoutly religious people? (who would never get plastered while...oh NEVERMIND!)

I believe it was reported early on that the boys were in private school.

Priorities. I guess some people put higher value on their kids getting a private school education, and not as much on paying their cell phones.

If paying for private Catholic school, in your opinion, is a sign of being "upright" - then so be it. They're upright.

Haha! The way it was just thrown in there was wazoo too! This case cant get any weirder in my opinion. :twocents:

While talking about this case this morning, my 14 year old daughter said to me, "I feel sorry for the police if I ever go missing. You'd be camped out in the lobby 24/7 harrassing every one of the cops walking by and demanding to know why they are eating donuts instead of looking for me!"

She was dead serious. And she was dead right. Children do have a way of cutting to the chase, don't they?

Heck, if one of my dogs went missing my neighbors would be plagued by the sight of me.

*knock knock* "Hello? Seen my dog yet?
*knock knock* Hi, me again. Seen my dog?
*knock knock* Yeah, sorry, I know...but have you SEEN MY DOG YET?!

I believe it was reported early on that the boys were in private school.

Priorities. I guess some people put higher value on their kids getting a private school education, and not as much on paying their cell phones.

Parents with kids in catholic schools don't have to be religious. They just prefer the greater structure of a private vs. public school.

I don't recall anything like that reported. Do you have a link?

Yup, they were very concerned with the spotlight when they went on all those shows and focused mostly on themselves instead of Lisa.

All this spin is making me dizzy.

All my opinion :twocents:

:banghead: cannot...handle...the...inconsistency...

Me either. I have a son that will be 16 next month and he complains non-stop about this one girl texting him every evening but he spends a good deal of time posting on her FaceBook page & commenting on her photos and he fails to see how the 2 things connect.

DB & JI are starting to remind me of teenagers. They just can't seem to reconcile their actions before and after Lisa went missing with the response they are getting. :banghead:

My daughter is 13 and she is the same way. She has 100 percent faith that I would move heaven and hell to find her, and she is right.

Short said the couple is trying their best to keep life as normal as possible for the boys as the search for their missing 11-month-old sister continues.
“We had a talk just yesterday about her wanting to provide the kids a Catholic education, and how important that would be to her,” Short said.
Short also said the couple has one fear: that the spotlight and attention is focused on them.
“Someone who sees a child that might meet the description would say, ‘I don’t need to make that phone call.’ That’s the fear,” Short said.
“What we want to do is say, ‘Please, make the phone call, even if you’re not sure. Just make the phone call.”

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29579101/detail.html#ixzz1bnr0fZD0

the family, if innocent is in a huge 'catch 22'.

If they are innocent they have taken bad advice from someone from the get go...

They said they would do whatever it took in the beginning.. that they knew police would look at them.. but they have not talked to the police in nearly 20 days..

They have been the ones that thrust this drama into the face of the nation with the 'he said she said' back and forth between police. And now we have lawyers defending them and cutting down LE on an almost daily basis.

This went south from the get go imhoo... Either these parents are ignorant and took bad advice or they are hiding something..

**two cents**

Even if the parents really believe she was taken from the home, "abducted" is a more accurate term than "kidnapped". Unless, of course, there was a ransom note and we just haven't gotten wind of it.

don't give them ideas :innocent:

JMO!!

I took it as she wants to put the boys in Catholic school. MOO. I think this is part of the spin. Didn't the lawyer say they would be bringing in a spiritual advisor?

Haha! The way it was just thrown in there was wazoo too! This case cant get any weirder in my opinion. :twocents:

Having grown up Catholic, I don't think it's getting weirder to hear of a family with children in private school, who keep a very tidy home and the mom drinks several times a week.

Par for the course, really. If they were Mormons, or Church of Christ, that would be strange. Catholics don't have a big caveat against drinking.

Having grown up Catholic, I don't think it's getting weirder to hear of a family with children in private school, who keep a very tidy home and the mom drinks several times a week.

Par for the course, really. If they were Mormons, or Church of Christ, that would be strange. Catholics don't have a big caveat against drinking.

Hey i went to catholic school my whole life. not saying nothing about that. I just thought it odd that It was mentioned in the middle of a article. moo

the family, if innocent is in a huge 'catch 22'.

If they are innocent they have taken bad advice from someone from the get go...

They said they would do whatever it took in the beginning.. that they knew police would look at them.. but they have not talked to the police in nearly 20 days..

They have been the ones that thrust this drama into the face of the nation with the 'he said she said' back and forth between police. And now we have lawyers defending them and cutting down LE on an almost daily basis.

This went south from the get go imhoo... Either these parents are ignorant and took bad advice or they are hiding something..

**two cents**

This continues to be a misconception that the public and posters on this board just will not turn loose of.

They're in contact with the police, and take the police phone calls, and answer questions.

They have not submitted to an "unrestricted" interrogation again, as they had done the first 4 days.

I don't know why this continues to be discussed incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz