25 October 2011 Main Stream Media coverage of Baby Lisa

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I do think she has something to do with it and certainly hold her responsible for being drunk, it's a good thing there are laws to protect her rights. If the time comes where there is evidence to convict her than that's what will happen. Until then, I do believe we can be critical but there's no need for pitchforks.

All my opinion :twocents:

Out of all the WS members following this Forum, there are a very few who could even be described as carrying pitchforks. IMHO, most WS members just get a very bad feeling about the many stories that both DB & JI have told, the admission (true or not) that she got drunk with three young kids in the home on a school night, and the fact that they stopped talking to police (by 10/7/2011) right after the missing cell phones and her suggestion that she "failed" the LDT were reported. Finally, that they made a deal to interview only with National Media and then within a week of that JT started consulting with them.

No one knows what happened in that house after the reported Sunday birthday party. The "boys", the drinking pal/neighbor, and the brother who drove DB to get the wine are not talking and have not been quoted. Those four people hold key information about DB's affect on Monday and Monday night.

The majority of members are simply trying to run through all the misleading statements coming from the family, their advisors, lawyers and the media to determine if any theory flies.

I still say that if no evidence inside the home points to any outsider that this information simply points back to someone inside the family circle. The question remains; what happened to little Lisa?

Babies have been taken from homes with stone cold sober parents sleeping in them. I don't want to chase this down a rabbit hole, but my priest growing up routinely got drunk at public functions - the church picnic where beer was sold, going to the Astros baseball games with the youth group, etc.

There are some religions that don't allow drinking, and Catholics aren't one of them.

I don't know that the Irwins are catholic, though.

I took the original post to mean they were throwing out a religious comment to make the family look better to the public. Whether or not that was the intent of the person (the lawyer?) that stated this, I have no idea. It doesn't personally sway my opinion one way or the other. I don't think being religious precludes someone from doing the wrong thing.

She has some caviar dreams for a SAHM who was living on a beer budget and couldn't even afford a working phone. Not sure she could even afford a box o wine since it was purchased separately and it appeared that she handed change back to her brother. :waitasec:

Are they taking to the local media now? Is that a local media website with this story?

MOO

kmbc is local news. This was a quote by their local attorney. She (local attorney) has been speaking with the local medial. The parents have not, at least not that I am aware of.

Attorney Short reported that there was a witness who saw a man at the dumpster at or about the time of the fire.

Was that same man who called the fire in? I wonder how many 911 calls were received on that fire. And of course if something is on fire in the neighbourhood someone is going to be standing there going "holy carp...the dumpster is on fire". :waitasec:

ETA...would someone who just lit a fire be standing there or would they throw in a match and run? And if he wasn't carrying a baby, how is this relevant? Are they going for more than one "kidnapper" now?

MOO

You claimed "babies." What is the point of having a baby monitor since DB admits she got drunk and didn't hear anything?

After I posted, I added Charles Lindberg Jr.

And I forgot Sabrina Eisenberg.

Call me jaded but IMO that statement was pure spin to make them look better. Perhaps if some benefactor stepped up and offered to pay the tuition they would send the kids on their merry little way.

ITA. Of course, DB could be thinking ahead to the big bucks they'll have when they sign a book deal or make the talk show rounds telling the world how they were falsely accused. jmo I'm in that jaded club, too ;)

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/baby-lisa-police-interview-key-witness-14808369

Mike Thompson [man on motorcyle] witness was interviewed by reporter about the "man" he saw that night at 4:00 am :

"... I picked the man that they been showing the pictures of ... "

:waitasec: I sure would like to know WHEN this witness was showed a "line-up" of photos by LE ...

Was it BEFORE "Jersey's" mugshot photo was released ... or AFTER "Jersey's" photo was released to the PUBLIC ?

:waitasec: I also am wondering : does this witness have ANY POSSIBLE connection to DB, JI, their families, their friends ... ?

MOO ... it seems to me like everyone wants to "throw" this "homeless man" "under the bus" ...

:waitasec: How convenient for DB and JI to have all these "sightings" by witnesses ... when you take into account the following :

1. DB's TIMELINE changed -- and this "change" is from DB's "own mouth" ...

2. DB "admitted" to being "drunk" on the night Baby Lisa went missing ...

3. DB "herself" stated that she did NOT pass a poly ...

4. DB has NOT cooperated with LE since October 8 ...

5. HRD Dogs "HIT" in the DB's bedroom in the home ...

:waitasec: Again ... how "convenient" that all these witnesses are coming forward ... and IMO, "probably hoping" to claim some of that $100,000 reward money as well ...

MOO MOO and MOO !

Do you really need a list? Jessica Lunsford (grandparents asleep), Coralrose Fullwood, Polly Klaas, Elizabeth Smart. I could go on exhaustively, but do you really need me to?

edited to add: Baby Charles Lindberg Jr. who was taken from his crib in the early evening while his parents were still AWAKE and the nursemaid was also in the home.

Ransom note in the Lindberg case.

Having grown up Catholic, I don't think it's getting weirder to hear of a family with children in private school, who keep a very tidy home and the mom drinks several times a week.

Par for the course, really. If they were Mormons, or Church of Christ, that would be strange. Catholics don't have a big caveat against drinking.

But...we do do have a BIG caveat against killing our babies.

the family, if innocent is in a huge 'catch 22'.

If they are innocent they have taken bad advice from someone from the get go...

They said they would do whatever it took in the beginning.. that they knew police would look at them.. but they have not talked to the police in nearly 20 days..

They have been the ones that thrust this drama into the face of the nation with the 'he said she said' back and forth between police. And now we have lawyers defending them and cutting down LE on an almost daily basis.

This went south from the get go imhoo... Either these parents are ignorant and took bad advice or they are hiding something..

**two cents**

Yes, DB commented that she'd followed cases like this and that she herself always thought it was the parents. She KNOWS the #1 suspect is always a parent. Including her. Just as I know if something happens to my daughter the police are going to make a beeline straight to me and assume I did it until they know differently. I know I'd be asked the same questions over and over again. I know they'd try to get me to cop to an accident. I know they'd be digging into every detail of my life and my routine. Fine with me. I'd STILL be camped out on their doorstep.

That goes for the media as well. Can you imagine how many people who have lost a family member would be kissing the ground the media walks on if they showed up at the door? 99% of people who's family members go missing don't get the time of day from the press. I imagine all of them dream of the day the media, especially the national media, would take an interest in their missing loved one. But these people are too busy "grieving" and worrying about their own "comfort and safety" to utilize every resource knocking on their door to find their missing baby.

In a perfect world, baby Lisa WAS taken by a woman who longed for a baby to cherish and is busy somewhere cherishing her, because these people have every appearance of caring about nothing but themselves and their own comfort.

Ransom note in the Lindberg case.

I know. He was clearly, without a doubt kidnapped, no ifs ands or buts.

We're not differentiating - I didn't think - between children where ransom has been requested and not - we're discussing whether a child could be removed from a home with stone cold sober parents in it, and they not know it.

I know. He was clearly, without a doubt kidnapped, no ifs ands or buts.

We're not differentiating - I didn't think - between children where ransom has been requested and not - we're discussing whether a child could be removed from a home with stone cold sober parents in it, and they not know it.

Point taken. :)

http://www.kmbc.com/r/29579101/detail.html

The parents of missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin say they are concerned for their other children as national attention to the search continues to grow.
KMBC's Marcus Moore reported that Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley were seen with their two young boys as they walked into a relative's home on North Walrond Avenue Monday afternoon.
“What I see and what I’ve seen so far is a very young couple who have young children, starting out, still building the family,” family attorney Cyndy Short said.

Short said the couple is trying their best to keep life as normal as possible for the boys as the search for their missing 11-month-old sister continues.
“We had a talk just yesterday about her wanting to provide the kids a Catholic education, and how important that would be to her,” Short said.
Short also said the couple has one fear: that the spotlight and attention is focused on them.
“Someone who sees a child that might meet the description would say, ‘I don’t need to make that phone call.’ That’s the fear,” Short said. “What we want to do is say, ‘Please, make the phone call, even if you’re not sure. Just make the phone call.”
The baby was reported missing early on the morning of Oct. 4. Since that time Kansas City police and the FBI have conducted several searches of the area and most recently, the property at 3620 North Lister Avenue.
“This is an ordinary family that lives paycheck to paycheck, who has had an extraordinary thing happen to them," Short said.

IMO that means they are not in private/Catholic school at this time, it is something DB wants

Something DB wants. They live paycheck to paycheck. Catholic school isn't cheap. Ain't gonna happen living paycheck to paycheck. JMHO - this statement was put out there in hopes a local Catholic school will "offer" the boys free tuition because of the "predicament" they are in. GMAB

How about THEY WANT TO FIND BABY LISA" ???? Huh? What happened to that? Remember HER????

*********************must sit on hands, must sit on hands****************

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/baby-lisa-police-interview-key-witness-14808369

Mike Thompson [man on motorcyle] witness was interviewed by reporter about the "man" he saw that night at 4:00 am :

"... I picked the man that they been showing the pictures of ... "

:waitasec: I sure would like to know WHEN this witness was showed a "line-up" of photos by LE ...

Was it BEFORE "Jersey's" mugshot photo was released ... or AFTER "Jersey's" photo was released to the PUBLIC ?

:waitasec: I also am wondering : does this witness have ANY POSSIBLE connection to DB, JI, their families, their friends ... ?

MOO ... it seems to me like everyone wants to "throw" this "homeless man" "under the bus" ...

:waitasec: How convenient for DB and JI to have all these "sightings" by witnesses ... when you take into account the following :

1. DB's TIMELINE changed -- and this "change" is from DB's "own mouth" ...

2. DB "admitted" to being "drunk" on the night Baby Lisa went missing ...

3. DB "herself" stated that she did NOT pass a poly ...

4. DB has NOT cooperated with LE since October 8 ...

5. HRD Dogs "HIT" in the DB's bedroom in the home ...

:waitasec: Again ... how "convenient" that all these witnesses are coming forward ... and IMO, "probably hoping" to claim some of that $100,000 reward money as well ...

MOO MOO and MOO !

I agree, those are all so odd. And yet LE says they have no new leads, nothing to go on. I would think if Lisa died in that house there would be some kind of evidence. There would have to be. I am not sure what is going on. LE is so quiet about all of this. I wish we knew what they knew. Are they still searching for her?

I thought the mother who left the soiled diapers came forward?

Is there a link for this? I remember it being on a fb comment, but must have missed the story. I'm wayyyyy behind and trying to catch up.

Out of all the WS members following this Forum, there are a very few who could even be described as carrying pitchforks. IMHO, most WS members just get a very bad feeling about the many stories that both DB & JI have told, the admission (true or not) that she got drunk with three young kids in the home on a school night, and the fact that they stopped talking to police (by 10/7/2011) right after the missing cell phones and her suggestion that she "failed" the LDT were reported. Finally, that they made a deal to interview only with National Media and then within a week of that JT started consulting with them.

No one knows what happened in that house after the reported Sunday birthday party. The "boys", the drinking pal/neighbor, and the brother who drove DB to get the wine are not talking and have not been quoted. Those four people hold key information about DB's affect on Monday and Monday night.

The majority of members are simply trying to run through all the misleading statements coming from the family, their advisors, lawyers and the media to determine if any theory flies.

I still say that if no evidence inside the home points to any outsider that this information simply points back to someone inside the family circle. The question remains; what happened to little Lisa?

I never said anyone on WB was carrying pitchforks. I just pointed out that we didn't need to burn DB down but that we can be critical of what we see or read from her. I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone here. I hope you read the quote I responded to for the full context of what I said.

Something DB wants. They live paycheck to paycheck. Catholic school isn't cheap. Ain't gonna happen living paycheck to paycheck. JMHO - this statement was put out there in hopes a local Catholic school will "offer" the boys free tuition because of the "predicament" they are in. GMAB

How about THEY WANT TO FIND BABY LISA" ???? Huh? What happened to that? Remember HER????

*********************must sit on hands, must sit on hands****************

Who?

Oh, you mean the missing kid who's put this terrible national spotlight on poor Debbie and Jeremy Irwin?

:innocent:

I have missed some info on this case, articles and such, but that stuck out to me (I'm not catholic, but my father was). Your bolded sentence is a crazy thing to say when you have a missing baby.

You know, I'm thinking..it's not really as crazy as you might believe when someone wishes to "appear" to be a certain way to enlist the "sympathy" of the LARGE CATHOLIC population. It does not surprise me the thought that they are invoking tactics of Christian principals for manipulative purpose in their defense. pfft...

One of my dearest, brightest colleagues is Atheist and sends her child to Catholic school. Scholarships are available for the needy, so this may not be an education paid by the parents.

I always say, the only thing one has to do is 'claim' they are "Christian" and all of a sudden, people are disarmed. ;(

Actions speak louder than words. I wonder if she was married in the Catholic Church and if Bradley and Irwin decide to marry that the Church will condone it?

I think it is preposterous at this point for anyone to believe that this woman is "innocent". To what extent she is guilty has yet to be determined, but guilty she IS.

GMA covering Baby Lisa right now. The older witness to the man carrying a baby picked "Jersey" out of a photo lineup.

I still want to know where the heck "Jersey's" girlfriend is.

I'm just jumping in, so ignore me if this has been answered (I'm sure I'll eventually get to it) but did he ID Jersey before or after his picture was published in MSM in relation to this crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BunnyLugsCacti