26 August 2013 hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well said.

I think what people have said and done to ALV is really, really terrible. It disgusts me. I wish that Travis' supporters would comport themselves better because with guys like Keifer and Rowlands out there (who are both in the DT's pocket, who whom they use to get this farce out there they can't find witnesses for Jodi because they are scared), people should be more careful, because they are obviously the ones that are speaking the loudest.

But I really wish ALV would just understand. Understand WHY people are so angry. She took very sparse evidence and the shaky word of a liar and painted a man she has not even met as an absolute evil person. This man that everyone who knew him talks about with the utmost praise and respect and admiration. Deanna Reid, who she tried to misrepresent to the jury as being one of Travis' abuse victims, thinks the world of him and still does to this day. Same with Lisa Andrews. She tried to misrepresent an email chain from the Hughes' to convince the world that Travis was an abuser. They themselves explained the emails but she is probably stuck in her opinions. She was manipulative and misleading, all because she believes all women must have been abused. Even if she knows she is lying and Jodi is lying, she just had to advocate. I agree with earlier posts: it is no coincidence that this interview is coming out now, and with Ted Rowlands of all people.

Nope. I don't think this defense team and their cohorts are in any way ethical or doing their jobs in an ethical manner. And that is just my opinion and it is my right to feel that way. And I am not basing this opinion on just this last incident. And it is not that I do not understand how the law works and how defending defendants works. I have watched enough trials to know when someone is behaving in an unethical way. They have a consistent pattern of unethical behavior, starting with Nurmi convincing Jodi to change her story so he could defend her better. All of this has left me in a depressive funk. The world had gone mad.

BBM

I've gotten to the point where I have total disdain for the DT and do not trust them for one second.

ALV just magically comes out of hiding to do an interview with CNN on the eve of a court hearing and just days after a motion was filed citing death threats she had received? Come on, this is not mere coincidence. The rumor was out there on Friday about this interview just as the last two motions were breaking news.

I am equally suspicious of the DT's complicity in CMJA's last tweet which she tweeted yesterday. "Jodi Arias ‏@JodiAnnArias 25 Aug

"The media will grab a specious story and run with it; soon it's accepted as fact..It's a form of willful ignorance." - Bill Goodykoontz"

Bill Goodykootnz is a film critic for the Arizona Republic. The quote is from a July 25 review of a foreign film "The Hunt". What is the likelihood that CMJA cleans up her twitter account of the nasty things she's said and then just happens to tweet the day before court using a quote from a month old movie review? And the movie subject was a man falsely accused of inappropriate sexual conduct with a little girl. Somehow, I don't think that she came up with this one on her own.

It is a sad comment on our society that we have so many nuts out spewing hate and making threats on people. I cannot condone this kind of behavior. It should normally be condemn the act, not the person. I say normally, because this is where ALV is confused; in the case of CMJA, the person as well as the act are condemned. ALV was shedding tears, thinking it is so sad about the hate that was being directed towards her and "Jodi too". I just shake my head...

We are seeing time sliding away with motions. I'm more concerned about how the opposing sides are going to negotiate a way to present the guilt and aggravation phase to a new jury. Based on the past, the DT is going to really be difficult about all of this, especially if their star expert is not willing to testify.

I have one question for ALV after seeing her interview: Would you like me to call you a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHmbulance?

Nice to see all my WS peeps...I've been on a web break this summer.

It's really silly. She also tried to misrepresent the importance of Jodi's relationship with Travis, acting as though that was the longest he'd been with anyone and the most intimate he'd been with anyone...save for Deanna Reid, who he'd been with for 7 years and who he was deeply in love with.

Jodi lived out of state. Travis was not going to see her at all. She drove to him. She rationalizes even the most out of whack things. She says Jodi continues to go back to her abuser because that is the cycle, but can't wrap her head around the fact that this is exactly what happened to Travis. Oh, it's different with stalkers.

That explains everything!

BBM~ Exactly. Travis was the one who was abused, not Jodi. She brought it on herself. She had no business going there when really she was going to see Ryan B. in Utah.

She confronted Travis, he did not confront her. He never, ever once visited her in Yreka. He was done with her the day he sent her butt back to Yreka.

Perhaps Travis was naive in the sense he still was physically attracted to Jodi, and she was the only "mormon" who would kinky sex with him; but still he clearly done with her when he threatened to expose whatever she did.

Jodi does not need "witnesses". She wants LWOP, maybe she should take the stand and tell the REAL story.

I have one question for ALV after seeing her interview: Would you like me to call you a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHmbulance?

Nice to see all my WS peeps...I've been on a web break this summer.

ALV played a wild card. Deal with it. Others in this circus of a trial have had death threats etc... Do you see them crying?

:seeya: WB!

Wouldn't JA's tweets be considered as "courting" the media and basically trying to pollute the jury pool? If she were interested in just tweeting about recycling in prison, etc. the media would just ignore her tweets. What she tweets appears as a challenge. Not sure why defense wasted their time with a motion to keep live stream out of the courtroom when their client appears to want anything but..... jmo

Wouldn't JA's tweets be considered as "courting" the media and basically trying to pollute the jury pool? If she were interested in just tweeting about recycling in prison, etc. the media would just ignore her tweets. What she tweets appears as a challenge. Not sure why defense wasted their time with a motion to keep live stream out of the courtroom when their client appears to want anything but..... jmo

As HLN said, they are just biding time. Maybe the state should file a motion against Jodi's tweets.

Watching ALV made me very angry. She was playing the total victim and acting as though she was pure and innocent and no one hd the right to be upset with her false testimony.

Obviously, I have a problem with anyone sending her threats. That is awful and I do not condone it in any way. But both sides were getting stupid and vile threats sent to them. that is what happens in volatile, high profile cases. But she was LYING in her testimony when she accused Travis, the TRUE victim, of being a pedophile and an abuser. And she does not understand why people were angry with her.

It really got me when she said " I don't understand how people can hate someone they do not know, and I am talking about Jodi."

Doe she not understand that WE KNOW JODI? We saw her on Inside Edition and 48 Hrs. We saw her on the stand for a million hours straight and heard about every miniscule detail of her life. I know more about her dreadful life than I do about many of my friends.

What I would really like to see is some corporate responsibility on the part of Twitter and have them shut her account down.

I have been unable to find contact information on their website to direct any kind of meaningful correspondence to them on this subject.

Okay I have two issue's with things ALV said in her interview.
First she contradicted her statements on the stand when she said in the interview that Jodi lied until she started telling the truth. On the stand she said didn't really ever lie except in regard to the brutal slaughter (my words not hers :wink: ) of Travis.

Second was when she said everything was fine on the stand during direct, but once cross came it was just so horrific for her. So answering softball questions is easier than answering the hard one's? Who'da thunk! If you don't want to answer the hard questions, then don't testify in the court of law.

What blows me is the DT motion to ask potential jurors if they have a Twitter account.
So, Jodi can tweet them? :floorlaugh:

No media live coverage? This is exactly what Jodi wants.

Question: In the retrial PP, does Jodi wear her prison garbs?

I do believe they can find a jury pool as personally, I know many people have never heard of Jodi Arias.

I am personally tired of the murderer but I can't leave now. Bless the Alexander family.

Okay I have two issue's with things ALV said in her interview.
First she contradicted her statements on the stand when she said in the interview that Jodi lied until she started telling the truth. On the stand she said didn't really ever lie except in regard to the brutal slaughter (my words not her :wink: ) of Travis.

Second was when she said everything was fine on the stand during direct, but once cross came it was just so horrific for her. So answering softball questions is easier than answering the hard one's? Who'da thunk! If you don't want to answer the hard questions, then don't testify in the court of law.

BBM~ I suspect she thought this was going to be a walk in the park, then cash in.

What blows me is the DT motion to ask potential jurors if they have a Twitter account.
So, Jodi can tweet them? :floorlaugh:

No media live coverage? This is exactly what Jodi wants.

Question: In the retrial PP, does Jodi wear her prison garbs?

I do believe they can find a jury pool as personally, I know many people have never heard of Jodi Arias.

BBM I agree. If they could find a jury pool for Zimmerman than they can find one for Arias' PP retrial. It's absurd and intellectually dishonest to suggest otherwise, IMHO.

I was also thinking about those texts and how pissed I am that this is her evidence of abuse and that the foreman bought that this is abuse.

Yes, if you look out of context, it can look like Travis was just over the top angry and mean and Jodi was just the poor little thing who is trying to defuse the situation by calming him down. She decided that this was abuse without looking outside the texts.

It's pretty clear that Travis is at his wits end pissed at something Jodi had done to him and Jodi is gaslighting - trying to make Travis even angrier by minimizing his feelings and playing innocent. Try to make him feel like he's the crazy one and is overreacting. That is the sociopath's hallmark. It's a game to them. It's funny to them. That is a form of emotional abuse, by the way. And of course ALV wouldn't get that because it's obvious she does this to men in her men's groups and was doing it to Juan Martinez.

She does not even consider that Travis was justified in his anger and had never talked to anyone that way before. Anywhere.

Ugh!

I just don't like her.

Good post! What bothers me the most about her is, as an expert in the field of abuse, she is intentionally and willfully ignorant of the abuse Travis suffered at the hands of JA. That is unforgivable and a betrayal to her profession, in my opinion.

BBM~ I suspect she thought this was going to be a walk in the park, then cash in.

I agree, and frankly that just makes me sick. Professionals, especially practicing professionals, should be more ethical than to choose to be expert witnesses simply for the payday.

They will be able to find a jury pool. Lots of people don't watch the news or read the newspaper anymore. Some people are plain not interested in murder cases and might just glance at the headline and dismiss the whole thing.

Though I should say that once a trial date is set, anyone who gets a jury duty notice is bound to have someone comment that they might get picked for this trial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member