26 August 2013 hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget that Judge Stephens DID deadline a date for ALL motions to be submitted and it was August 8. When you state that and record it, you have to mean it and act on it. It has now been ignored and not just once--several times. If every order can be violated with impunity, why bother.

Hmmm...you have an inside source. Was this before or after the hearing?

Camille Kimball ‏@CamilleKimball 22m #JodiArias's mitigator still here.. Nurmi and Wilmott just emergd from chambers with Judge Stephens. And Mike the court reporter

Duplex or simplex?

Don't know about Arizona. Here they are one side pages, like a book and bound, 14 font, as they will be needed in the Supreme Court eventually, and the Justices require at least 14 font. Lol. Can't try to squeeze any tiny font or multiple pages on a page in on them.

Just listening to the ALV re-play clip again on HLN...I really think she is doing this "I'm not gonna testify because I'm scared" thing to help the Jodi cause. I really really believe this. She wanted to get in on tape, on record, that she was intimidated so that Nurmi can use that in their appeal. This is all orchestrated by the defense, I am 100% sure of it.

I agree with you. There has not been a peep from ALV and then all of the sudden she has an interview with CNN right after motions are filed?

What is that saying...there are no coincidences in life?

Someone should give CNN a poke and find out how and when that interview came about. Would not surprise me to find out that ALV contacted the media.

ALV is a professional (?). It is her job. She is responsible to know the facts not just Jodi's facts. (lol)

The damage that ALV has done to abused men and women everywhere is unacceptable.

Also, it is not her choice to not go back to court. If the judge subpoena's her she must go back. I don't think the defense wants her.

I agree that she is over-the-top toxic to JA's defense.

However, the rogue defendant -- even more than her counsel -- has proven repeatedly that she is counter-productively narcissistic to the max.

I still can't believe the Nancy Drew-esque, not-so-secret magazine codes...

The guy on HLN said the judge needed to review the motions before setting a trial date, that sounds reasonable, esp. if she uses the 16th to rule on the motions and then set the date. Fingers crossed.

This is really getting ridiculous. JSS could have set the trial date today and then reviewed the motions in the interim. So now all the defense has to do is just keep filing motions - stall, stall, stall.

ALV was supposed to be an impartial evaluator. And it is clear she was anything but. She went in to act as an advocate for Jodi and fought for her, rather than for her opinion, which was biased. She took every bit of information she had and used it against Travis. She was almost more over the top than Jodi. She misrepresented emails and misrepresented the relationship he had with Jodi and with other girls. She took every opportunity she had to make Travis look like a villain. When she was asked what she learned about Travis, she proceeded to rattle off a list of all the horrible things she learned about him. She lied for Jodi, saying she was the one who misspoke on the closet shooting inconsistency and computer *advertiser censored* vs. picture on bed *advertiser censored* lie. Funny how Samuels "misspoke" about the exact same thing, re: the closet shooting.

I agree, no one deserves to be threatened and Travis' supporters would do better to desist. But that is not the reason she isn't testifying, it is ALL a ploy by the DT to get an appeal, blaming the judge for not sealing the trial and the prosecutor for inciting the masses with his aggressive style. If the threats were the problem, all she'd have to do is report them and have the culprits handled and she would be protected as a witness. But she chooses to go on national TV and complain about it. The real reason she won't go back is because she revealed herself to be a biased liar. She perjured herself. She doesn't want to face Juan again. Another one bites the dust.

I think the short term defense strategy is to toss out a ridiculous motion just days before the next status update. No matter how weird and wild it seems to be, the judge has to research, find case law, and rule on it.

Their long term strategy is to delay so long as to frustrate Travis' family into agreeing to stop pushing for death penalty and allow judge to sentence 25 to life. Then the whole thing would be over.

MOO

Don't know about Arizona. Here they are one side pages, like a book and bound, 14 font, as they will be needed in the Supreme Court eventually, and the Justices require at least 14 font. Lol. Can't try to squeeze any tiny font or multiple pages on a page in on them.

I'll keep digital/.pdf, thank you very much.

Well, I'm going shopping, I heard Hostess Twinkies are back on the shelf YUMMY :) See you all later.

Hello everyone:seeya:

Seems like a long time since the JA trial, I almost forgot about the convicted killers' hearing today, thanks all for the updates!

See y'all back here on Sept 16, hopefully a trial date will be set then, fingers crossed.

Do the ladies wear orange in prison? I know men do, but what about the women? B/c I would love to see CMJA in orange...the black/white is not screaming CONVICT enough for me.

JVM just said on HLN that Jodi is spending 16 hours a day alone in her cell.
I thought it as more? Why only 16?
Does anyone have any more information regarding this.
TIA

Do the ladies wear orange in prison? I know men do, but what about the women? B/c I would love to see CMJA in orange...the black/white is not screaming CONVICT enough for me.

I am not sure, but I think the ladies in the big house wear orange? I think I read that somewhere.

The "ladies" wear black and white in Maricopa County's Detention Facilities -- but so does Jodi.

The ladies in jail wear the stripes, but the ladies in prison wear orange, no?

Tweeters speculate the DT tried to quit again today and that's what the Jodi-less and state-less meeting in chambers was about. Sounds possible.

The ladies in jail wear the stripes, but the ladies in prison wear orange, no?

Tweeters speculate the DT tried to quit again today and that's what the Jodi-less and state-less meeting in chambers was about. Sounds possible.

In Arizona State Prison Complex – Perryville, they're rockin' the orange.

PerryvilleOrange_zps21087519.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member