26 August 2013 hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard them say that too!! That leaves EIGHT hours a day out?????
I wish someone would speak to the truth if this. I thought she was in for all but ONE hour for exercise!

The tweeting takes eight hours. :banghead:

She looked hunched over, like she was resigned to her fate. Good!

I don't think the delay has anything to do with transcripts, at least not as much as the DT's motions does.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 1h

"@FRANCINECABRER1: @troyhaydenfox10 why the delay?" Judge said new motions by defense, including camera ban. #fox10

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 1h

As a result of new motions filed, the Jodi Arias hearing was continued to September 16.

Here is some information on Arias' life in jail from the Maricopa County public information officer:

Jail contains approximately 1,000 inmates.
Each housing area contains general-purpose day rooms with bathroom/shower areas.
Inmates have 16 hours of day room access.
In the day room, inmates have access to phones and cable TV (Food Network, Weather Channel and ESPN).
Inmates have an hour of outside recreation at least four times a week.
Inmates can sign up for religious services or other programs, including GED, ALPHA, AAA, etc.
Inmates can access the library, however they have to request the books via an inmate request form.
Arias is housed in the high-security unit.
Arias is locked in her cell from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. daily.
Arias sleeps on a bed with pink sheets.
A cell includes writing desk, toilet and sink.
All inmates incarcerated at the Maricopa County jail receive two meals a day totaling 2,600 calories.
The morning meal at the facility arrives just after 7 a.m. and the evening meal takes place around 6 p.m.

What happened to the 23 hours in the cell??

I don't feel sorry for her. She's was of those feminist man haters that I just hate. The woman is always the victim, the man is always the villian. It's not about feminism or equality, it's about hate. She came into a situation and decided she had everyone figured out and that Jodi just had to be a victim and disregarded any evidence to the contrary. She tried to pull the wool over a jury's eyes to get a murderer off, and lied not just about her credentials, but lied for Jodi to cover up for her. And now she is going along with the can't testify because of death threats idiocy set up by the DT. I have no sympathy for this woman. None.

Amen to your comments about ALV !!

Must say that although little court business was accomplished @ today's brief hearing ...
It brought a smile to my face to see the convicted murderer rocking the jailhouse stripes & shackles.
She looked as though she couldn't get out of that courtroom fast enough today - turning and rushing over to the guards to get her out of camera range.
No dawdling around and stalling to whisper with Willmot as she always used to do.

No make-up stylist, no street clothes for the cameras ... the murderer wanted out of there ASAP today.

ALV is a professional (?). It is her job. She is responsible to know the facts not just Jodi's facts. (lol)

The damage that ALV has done to abused men and women everywhere is unacceptable.

Also, it is not her choice to not go back to court. If the judge subpoena's her she must go back. I don't think the defense wants her.
I agree that she's making it sound like it's her choice when it's not, but I think it's because in chambers she got sanctioned or hit with possible perjury charges.

HLN just showed ALV in an interview, stating she had never in her life had anxiety, ever. Until she started getting death threats. :waitasec: How strange, I honestly don't think I could name even one person I know who has never experienced anxiety. All I can say is there must be something wrong with that woman.

-----------
Hi, so she had a panic attack during trial. What does she think brought that on? Anxiety thats what! for gods sake ALV read up before you speak. For a supposedly educated woman she seems to be lacking!!! (cant say more).:scared: :seeya:

CMJA should still be in closed custody. I think that HLN just cut and pasted generic jail information.

HLN is sometimes weak on details, so it is important to consider the source.

Last night Beth Karas said that as of three weeks ago, CMJA was still in closed custody and still should be, since that is Estrella procedure with convictions on this type of charge. Basically, the worst of the worst is segregated from the gen pop.

When Sheriff Joe did his media tour after the guilty verdict, he did give the impression that her solitary cell would be CMJA's "forever home" at Estrella.

Beth did say that she could check on this and confirm it later...hope she remembers.

-----------
Hi, so she had a panic attack during trial. What does she think brought that on? Anxiety thats what! for gods sake ALV read up before you speak. For a supposedly educated woman she seems to be lacking!!! (cant say more).:scared: :seeya:
Anxiety because Juan called her out on her lies. If you don't get on the stand and lie, you have nothing to be anxious about!

CMJA should still be in closed custody. I think that HLN just cut and pasted generic jail information.

HLN is sometimes weak on details, so it is important to consider the source.

Last night Beth Karas said that as of three weeks ago, CMJA was still in closed custody and still should be, since that is Estrella procedure with convictions on this type of charge. Basically, the worst of the worst is segregated from the gen pop.

When Sheriff Joe did his media tour after the guilty verdict, he did give the impression that her solitary cell would be CMJA's "forever home" at Estrella.

Beth did say that she could check on this and confirm it later...hope she remembers.

I feel that is why some people are afraid if JA gets LWOP or even LWP she will somehow slip through the cracks and be released. Or if not released, not be given what she was sentenced. JMO

I feel that is why some people are afraid if JA gets LWOP or even LWP she will somehow slip through the cracks and be released. Or if not released, not be given what she was sentenced. JMO

She has more chance of getting out or having her sentence overturned if she is sentenced to death than if she gets life. If she gets life, she'll get an appeal and then she will be pretty much forgotten. If she gets death she will get years and years and years of appeals where anything could happen. She would probably never actually be executed, thought she's young yet.

I still want her to get death. But it's food for thought.

ETA: she will also have the advantage of being able to use the anti-DP stance to rally for sympathy and get people fighting for her. Fighting for a convicted murderer.

Does anyone know what became of this motion from the Nurmi:
http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/Arias MOT 8_21_13.pdf
This was on the sidebar #18 here at WS.

I know what should have happened with it but I don't know if the judge has ruled.

Sorry to quote my own post. This must be one of the motions that JSS is ruling on.

Poor new jurors. Again the criminals have the rights and we as jurors get all our personal information on twitter exposed for them to exploit. What a crock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple