26 August 2013 hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HLN just showed ALV in an interview, stating she had never in her life had anxiety, ever. Until she started getting death threats. :waitasec: How strange, I honestly don't think I could name even one person I know who has never experienced anxiety. All I can say is there must be something wrong with that woman.

I did not and still don't find her at all believable. There seems to be much wrong with that woman. At least she isn't testifying again.

The guy on HLN said the judge needed to review the motions before setting a trial date, that sounds reasonable, esp. if she uses the 16th to rule on the motions and then set the date. Fingers crossed.

I don't feel sorry for her. She's was of those feminist man haters that I just hate. The woman is always the victim, the man is always the villian. It's not about feminism or equality, it's about hate. She came into a situation and decided she had everyone figured out and that Jodi just had to be a victim and disregarded any evidence to the contrary. She tried to pull the wool over a jury's eyes to get a murderer off, and lied not just about her credentials, but lied for Jodi to cover up for her. And now she is going along with the can't testify because of death threats idiocy set up by the DT. I have no sympathy for this woman. None.

The guy on HLN said the judge needed to review the motions before setting a trial date, that sounds reasonable, esp. if she uses the 16th to rule on the motions and then set the date. Fingers crossed.

At least the 16th of September is not another whole month away.

I don't think Juan is ready yet either. He is currently working on a case where a policeman shot a man and his dog. So JM is not available at this time.

I feel sorry for AL just because she was SO snowed by JA, combined with AL's lifelong philosophy and worldview (probably) based somewhat on her own experience. How humiliating for her to (probably) know that she was duped and looked like such a fool. JMO

To be as snowed as ALV would have had to have been, IMO, is not within the realm of credibility.

Moreover, her perjuries and naked financial motivations to commit them are mitigating factors.

In fact, they totally negate my propensity for sympathy in her direction.

ETA: I also do not believe that Doc Samuelson was 'snowed'. These two are supposed to be psychological 'experts' and among the last to be 'snow-able'. I think the referenced financial motivations and their unprofessional behaviors were the beds they made for themselves, but don't want to lie in.

Bascially they set a new hearing date for Sept. JSS has decisions to make based on Defense motions but she handed over the transcripts to attys.

They have to be read.

BBM:

Don't count on it, geevee. Looks as if it may well be Jan., 2014 now. I do not know of another convicted murderer having waited this long to be sentenced and be sent to prison. :banghead:

MOO

bbm

hahhaa....keep dreamin'...that's just gonna give Nurmi about another month to put in MORE motions, which then she will need MORE time to review those motions....another month....in that month, Nurmi puts in 5 NEW motions, more time, etc. etc......when will it stop?! Didn't Nurmi just put in the new motion in the last few days about the tweetering and all that?

I just do not get this....what is so wrong with giving the defense (and prosecution) a DEADLINE to put in ALL MOTIONS...then JSS will have a DEADLINE to answer those motions. Done. Set re-trial date.

I don't know if it's just this judge, or if it's b/c of the death penalty that JSS is just being super cautious.

BBM:

Don't count on it, geevee. Looks as if it may well be Jan., 2014 now. I do not know of another convicted murderer having waited this long to be sentenced and be sent to prison. :banghead:

MOO

I still think the defense is trying to delay the actual sending of the killer to the Big House. She will get there eventually. Let her enjoy the cushy life of being in jail before she enters the doom of prison.

BBM:

MOO

I don't expect the retrial date to be any sooner than the first of the year, Nurmi isn't likely to be done with filing motions and they will all have to be heard and ruled on before jury selection starts.

bbm

hahhaa....keep dreamin'...that's just gonna give Nurmi about another month to put in MORE motions, which then she will need MORE time to review those motions....another month....in that month, Nurmi puts in 5 NEW motions, more time, etc. etc......when will it stop?! Didn't Nurmi just put in the new motion in the last few days about the tweetering and all that?

I just do not get this....what is so wrong with giving the defense (and prosecution) a DEADLINE to put in ALL MOTIONS...then JSS will have a DEADLINE to answer those motions. Done. Set re-trial date.

I don't know if it's just this judge, or if it's b/c of the death penalty that JSS is just being super cautious.

Yes, all of this, BUT I don't think any of this is JSS's fault. This is how it's done. She's just following protocol. It's why cases take years to hit the court room. The more guilty a defendant, the longer it takes. I don't think she really has a choice.

Does anyone have a link to the ALV interview. I saw the clip on HLN but can't find the interview. Thanks

When the jury first hung, the experts on HLN said her sentencing could now take years. I wouldn't be surprised if it does. So angry the first jury hung. I am projecting a start date of some time next year, like a year from now. I hope I am way off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyme.as1