3:45 am cops search georges trunk PART 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you are referring to my earlier post re this?? What i was talking about was the poster saying the Judge knew they were "fishing"....I was asking for the cite for that.

Oh, no BP, I didn't even see your earlier post. I just hopped back over here from the web cam thread. Sorry for the confusion, I just posted that link in case peeps hadn't seen the judge's ruling.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17409197/detail.html

Police: Handgun Found At Casey Residence
Mother Of Missing 3-Year-Old Again Bonded Out Of Jail

POSTED: 1:08 pm EDT September 6, 2008
UPDATED: 3:28 pm EDT September 6, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- After receiving a tip, authorities said they found a handgun early Saturday morning at the home where Casey Anthony is confined.

The gun was retrieved from the trunk of George Anthony's car and was surrendered to police, they said.

Police said according to Condition 15 of the Home Confinement Agreement signed by the defendant she said, "I will not possess or have in my residence or in my vehicle any deadly weapons. (Examples: firearms, martial arts weapons or explosives.)"

Therefore, Orange County Corrections said they contacted the duty judge and explained what had happened. Circuit Judge Daniel Dawson said that he would take no action until he spoke with the judge who issued the bail order.

Circuit Judge Stan Strickland was contacted by Judge Dawson Saturday morning and said since there is no indication that the defendant was aware of the weapon being in the trunk of the car or on the property, he did not wish to either modify the conditions of Casey Anthony's bail or to bring her back into custody as a result of this incident.
I would suggest someone who is intent on doing further research into the facts of restrictions regarding Casey's release to go and do the research right here at websleuths. The facts are all here in the threads. The search function found at the top of the page will do wonders. Hope that helps.

In reference to the judge opting not to do anything about modifying the bail. Her "luck" will run out some time! I hope it is sooner rather than later. MO

I never said house, I said the words "residence" and "access". I'm also talking from personal experience. Casey does not have access to her neighbor's houses as they are out of her residence, thus breaking her bond -- so your statement is just an attack trying to make it look like your point is valid. It's not.

It's an everyday bail thing that they can't have weapons at the residence:

<snip>

Conditions of release - many varied non-monetary conditions and restrictions on liberty can be imposed by a court to ensure that a person released into the community will appear in court and not commit any more crimes. Common examples include: mandatory calls to the police, surrendering passports, home detention, electronic monitoring, drug testing, alcohol counseling, surrendering firearms. (source)

</snip>

You should look things up before you post rather than just making emotional generalizations with no facts. I mean, hell, it's my first day posting here -- and you're already attacking me with nothing but feeling.

The LEO's are not infringing on any of the family's or Casey's rights -- and until you can show one example otherwise, you should probably stop saying it.

WELCOME elitenls & TY for taking the time to research that information!:)

Sure thing, I like to contribute and not just lurk! <3

How do we KNOW that the phones are tapped and the house may be bugged? I haven't seen ANYTHING indicating that.

Im sure if the house was bugged. GA would know where to look!!

Sure thing, I like to contribute and not just lurk! <3

:Banane27::Welcome-12-june::Banane27:

Sorry I missed earlier that you are new! Glad you joined us -- great posts today! :)

George is pulling a Drew Peterson on the gun thing. He's only showing LE how dishonest he is. Not that LE already believes they're total whack jobs.

I am trying my hardest not to get stuck on the forum reading and reading and reading but I had to come back.

George is an ex-cop. How many ex-cops DON'T have weapons still?

HE knew he had a gun. He knew it was in his trunk. He knew it when he signed the damn promissary note to bond out his frickin' daughter and I'll bet it all on RED that the tip came from one of the Anthony's.

What is pissing me off about this whole thing is people like me or you pulling stunts like the Anthony's have pulled would get us hung so fast it would beat the Jamaican Bolt's 3 world records!!

I'm glad the LE is searching his car at 3 in the morning. I hope everytime they think they might have a quiet night, they hear pounding on their door. I wonder how Caylee's last night of sleep was and if THEY even think about it.

I am trying my hardest not to get stuck on the forum reading and reading and reading but I had to come back.

I'm in the middle of making chicken and rice and I'm at the stove and something pops in my head.

George is an ex-cop. How many ex-cops DON'T have weapons still?

Exsqueeze Me? Baking Powder? :eek:

HE knew he had a gun. He knew it was in his trunk. He knew it when he signed the damn promissary note to bond out his frickin' daughter and I'll bet it all on RED that the tip came from one of the Anthony's.

What is pissing me off about this whole thing is people like me or you pulling stunts like the Anthony's have pulled would get us hung so fast it would beat the Jamaican Bolt's 3 world records!!

I'm glad the LE is searching his car at 3 in the morning. I hope everytime they think they might have a quiet night, they hear pounding on their door. I wonder how Caylee's last night of sleep was and if THEY even think about it.

I think George has carried this weapon since he was a homicide detective and it's just second hand to him. I think it's in his trunk for safety and he probably never even thought about it.

I think George has carried this weapon since he was a homicide detective and it's just second hand to him. I think it's in his trunk for safety and he probably never even thought about it.

George was a homicide detective?? I didn't know that. If this is the case then that would make it totally unexceptable what they have done and how they are "helping" find their granddaughter.

Please can someone tell me if George is an ex-homicide detective or what his law enforcement history is??

Thx

George was a homicide detective?? I didn't know that. If this is the case then that would make it totally unexceptable what they have done and how they are "helping" find their granddaughter.

Please can someone tell me if George is an ex-homicide detective or what his law enforcement history is??

Thx

~Snip
According to Eddy, Casey and her parents, Cindy and George Anthony, originally are from Niles and moved to Orlando in 1989. Eddy's wife, Kathy, is George's sister. Casey's brother, Lee, also lives in Florida.

Eddy said George Anthony was a Trumbull County sheriff's deputy and retired from the department before moving to Orlando in 1989.

"He was a great sheriff's deputy and, I believe, a homicide detective,"
Eddy said.

Eddy said Cindy had worked as a nurse in Florida and George in security. Eddy said his wife has kept in touch with her family throughout the ordeal

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/508668.html?nav=5021

~Snip
According to Eddy, Casey and her parents, Cindy and George Anthony, originally are from Niles and moved to Orlando in 1989. Eddy's wife, Kathy, is George's sister. Casey's brother, Lee, also lives in Florida.

Eddy said George Anthony was a Trumbull County sheriff's deputy and retired from the department before moving to Orlando in 1989.

"He was a great sheriff's deputy and, I believe, a homicide detective,"
Eddy said.

Eddy said Cindy had worked as a nurse in Florida and George in security. Eddy said his wife has kept in touch with her family throughout the ordeal

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/508668.html?nav=5021

"Caylee's grandfather was a Trumbull county sheriff's deputy for many years. Sheriff Thomas Altiere remembers George Anthony as a good officer.

"GEORGE AND I WERE PARTNERS IN THE SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT. WE WORKED TOGETHER WE WERE DETECTIVES TOGETHER. AND HE BECAME A VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE. GREAT. SUPER GUY, LOVED HIS FAMILY, GOOD FAMILY GUY. IT'S GOT TO BE HARD ON HIM. ABSOLUTELY HARD. TERRIBLE."--Sheriff Thomas Altiere "

http://www.wytv.com/news/crawl/25944914.html

I bet there neighbors are really starting to hate them..
They should. All of this is BECAUSE of them, not because of the people protesting. There would be no protests if Casey were still in jail and Cindy and George didn't blame everyone but their daughter.

Thank You for the info.

I still am a little at odds with it but thank you anyway

Pardon me if this has already been addressed (I truly don't have the time to read through all these pages), but-

Why was George so desperate to get the gun out of the house now? What about the first time Casey was released? Did he have the gun then too? Or was he more worried now because the Anthonys, not some stranger, are putting up the bond for Casey?

What if. . and it's a BIG what if. . .they used the gun "tip" as an excuse to search that area because they heard info regarding his vehicle due to wiretaps in the home. They know time is of the essence so they go before morning when the evidence could be disposed of.

So, we have the bag of evidence which has the gun in it. And then the mystery evidence that is being blocked from our view by the bag.

Just a passing thought I decided to share.

Honestly, I bet George moved that gun to the wheel well of his vehicle early on. When Cindy made the 911 calls, and Geroge became aware of the situation, I bet he moved the gun so that there was no reason to suspect it as being involved. Heck, maybe he had ALWAYS kept the gun in the vehicle. I doubt that, however, because he is ex-LE. What good is a gun during a home invasion if it is outside in the wheel well of your vehicle?? IMHO, Cindy may be the one that placed the call. I mean honestly, what purpose does it serve for the gun to be removed? I do not for one minute believe it was used to shoot Caylee. I think the boiling point was at an all time high in the Anthony house last night, and George was threatening Caysee with armageddon unless she ended this mess. Who in the whole cast list that we know of, has more reason to have a gun removed from that house? Cindy - her primary mission in life right now is to save Casey.... and last night, I believe she thought she was saving Casey from George. JMHO - as always.

What if. . and it's a BIG what if. . .they used the gun "tip" as an excuse to search that area because they heard info regarding his vehicle due to wiretaps in the home. They know time is of the essence so they go before morning when the evidence could be disposed of.

So, we have the bag of evidence which has the gun in it. And then the mystery evidence that is being blocked from our view by the bag.

Just a passing thought I decided to share.
They could have picked it up on a wiretap...maybe George told Baez. Baez could have been the one that "tipped" off LE. still think it's hard to forget you have a gun hidden away in your car. This case taxes my sensibilities.

Well, you can't have it both ways.

1) He knows better than to break the very specific conditions of house arrest by having a gun on the property, because he's LE.

or

2) He's careless with where he puts his weapon because he's LE and he's used to having it around.

One trumps the other. IF he wants his daughter to remain in his house.

I have a handgun, too. But I've never hidden it in the sparetire well of my vehicle. It's obvious he was hiding the gun and he didn't think the gun would be found. Sounds to me like the option number 1 above is more correct than option number 2, because he knew he wasn't supposed to have the gun there...ergo he hid it in a place that would not help him, for "safety" reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann