317 Pages Released, Where are the other 274???

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am willing to pick it and scan the missing pages, if someone can make arrangements to obtain it.
I'm only a member of an illegitimate organization or I'd help. :waitasec:

Contacted Orange County Courts. Told to contact the State Attorney's office. Called office of Lawson Lamar, Orange County State Attorney. They said these documents were only released to Kinkos in downtown. Asked why and how I could get the same release. She said I have to go to Kinkos. She didn't know why the average citizen can't seem to get a copy of what is "public record"...what do they pay these idiots?

Trying to call my local Kinkos to see if they can get an electronic copy over here by me so I can go get - what a joke - so far the phone has been ringing for 5 minutes - no answer.

Alright I was going to go down and pick one up - called them and they asked what organization I was with, and that is was only available to news organizations, attorneys and such? Not to the public?

Quick, anybody have a legitimate organization I can be a part of?

http://www.usdoj.gov/oip/

Info regarding FOIA at link above.

Thought it would make for interesting reading for others as well.

I am with the oragnization of nosey old broads...now give me the dang copies.

Hi..I'm a newbie...I e-mailed JS at OCSD to see if they would be posting the 600 documents on their web page for the public to download..Do you think if they received enough requests they would put them up?

I called the office of Lawson Lamar again (Orange County State Attorney's office) HERE IS THE NUMBER (407)836-2400. This is your government in action.

The woman who answered identified herself to me as "Salma ro Selma". I said "under the Freedom of Information Act I can formerly request a copy of documentation that has been released by the State Attorney's office as public record. I would like to do this in regards to the Casey Anthony case."

She gave me the Kinko's spiel again. I told here again "I am entitled to a full copy of the documents if I request them to be released directly to me, not through a third party that is attempting to censor the information."

She said "that is the information that we were instructed to give anyone calling about this case." I asked her to please transfer me to someone so that I could discuss this. She said "there is no one I can transfer you to." I asked why not and she said the above in quotes again. I told her that I have the right to speak to someone besides a switchboard operator regarding my concerns of the violation of my rights. She told me there is no one I can talk to and that she was given "specific instructions of what to tell anyone who calls about this case."

I asked "who gave you those instructions? I would like a name please." She said "Our Chief Director Randy Means".

So there ya go - I'm filing a formal complaint with the Florida State Attorney General's Office...

The papers released did not include text messages that we keep hearing about on the news. I would guess this is part of what is missing and I feel we should be privy to that information. This was released to the public via the Sunshine Law and the public should be able to see it all, imo. I don't think it is fair for the media to withold certain parts.

I agree. This is a new LOW.

I called the office of Lawson Lamar again (Orange County State Attorney's office) HERE IS THE NUMBER (407)836-2400. This is your government in action.

---

I asked "who gave you those instructions? I would like a name please." She said "Our Chief Director Randy Means".

Okay, whose going to call or email Mr. Means?

We ought to do a collection for that service. I'm sure we can all chip in $1, $5, $10 and put it all in a Paypal account and have that person pay for it. If we have anyone here everyone trusts with that money.

Could we have LA manage the account for us?:)

FYI.... The Doc dump was released because of The Sunshine Law and has nothing to do with FOIA.
The FOIA applies only to federal agencies and does not create a right of access to records held by Congress, the courts, or by state or local government agencies. Each state has its own public access laws that should be consulted for access to state and local records.

Also remember that any info that has to do with a active criminal investigation is exempt and does NOT have to be disclosed...

http://myfloridalegal.com/sunshine

Okay, whose going to call or email Mr. Means?

We all should!

I am going to research the specifics of the Sunshine Law regarding the charge to produce documentation. I use the FOIA frequently for work and the law requires the cost to be "reasonable" to cover expenses for reproduction/labor, etc.

$591 for an electronic copy is in no way reasonable. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatWal
Back