317 Pages Released, Where are the other 274???

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I spoke to Kinko's originally this morning they did not ask if I was an attorney or new agency. As I stated earlier I did send an email with my Federal Express account number for them to bill the shipping. I also included a VISA for them to charge the $47.21 for printing. I have not received a reply stating that they will not be shipping it to me. I did receive a confirmation of my order. If I receive the packet I will certainly scan in the other 200+/- documents for all to see. But if someone is in Orlando and is picking them up today that might be quicker. I'll keep all posted.
Thank you, hpvdr! :blowkiss:

Thanks for the link to the info but......apparantly they have already released the documents in their entirety in hard copy. I think the problem is that people are expected to pay a dollar a page to Kinko's for this information. Kind of ridiculous cost of $591.00 for a CD with a 591 pg. PDF file. How in the world can they justify that kind of cost? Not to mention, not only is the Attorney General's office condoning that, they are encouraging it!!!

No no I agree 100%...... I just wanted to share the info as the the Sunshine Law!!!!!!!!!!! If I didn't have a dojo full of after school Karate kids I would have made the trip to pick it up...... Thanks Georgia PI and Muzikman :woohoo::clap::clap:

Thanks to all who are working on getting this info for the rest of us!! You rock!

Latest from kinkos...they will mail copy...56.95 plus shipping. No questions asked....I feel like I am trying to buy contraband..lmao

To have them sent Fed Ex and to receive a hard copy the printing charge is $47.21 + shipping. To receive them via download/email the cost is $591.00. I asked for them to be sent to me via Federal Express/hard copy.

Thank you!:woohoo:

Thanks so much in advance to those responsible for actually getting the full version hard copy!! (wringing hands in anticipation!)

"...does not create a right of access to records held by Congress, the courts, or by state or local government agencies...." If this is true, how did the media get it using the FOIA as stated in the Orlando Sentinel???

I have used the FOIA and have lived in FL my whole life. Never had any problem with getting information of public record until now.

I copied this first paragraph from your link:
In Florida, every person has been granted the Constitutional right to inspect or copy any public record with some exemptions, and the Sunshine Law provides a right of access to government proceedings at both the state and local levels. These essential laws afford citizens of our state the ability to see behind the curtain of government and remain involved in the processes that affect their lives. Without this access there is little accountability, and accountability is vital for good government.
--------
I won't go reading the whole Florida Statutes, but common sense tells me that if they released info to the media, then it should be common for all the people!! your statement: "Also remember that any info that has to do with a active criminal investigation is exempt and does NOT have to be disclosed..."

They chose what to release, they released it, I have the right to it - period.

WOW now I see why I stay lurking and dont post much...... I agree with you 100% cocoamom

By the way, I think everyone needs to email Lamar pushing for a charge for Casey. I just did that myself reminding that the dragging of the feet on this case is not looking good for his re-election. If everyone else sends messages he might really start thinking about it!

I don't think pressure like that is a good idea. From what I gather that would give the defense the advantage...

After all the calls from everyone about obtaining a copy of the document, Kinko's talked to the DA's Office and was told to release it to whoever wants it.

Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All that e-mailing was not for nuttin.......way to go peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

I hope Tricia lets it go up here............if not then what?

After all the calls from everyone about obtaining a copy of the document, Kinko's talked to the DA's Office and was told to release it to whoever wants it.

That still doesn't answer the question of why we can't get a copy directly from the public agency rather than go thru Kinko's. I'm still waiting for a reply from the Atty General's office.

I hope Tricia lets it go up here............if not then what?
If for some reason it cannot go on this site I can always email it to anyone who wants it once I have scanned it. I can make it one PDF file just as Kinko's has done.

Hi..I'm a newbie...I e-mailed JS at OCSD to see if they would be posting the 600 documents on their web page for the public to download..Do you think if they received enough requests they would put them up?

welcome to ws :)

If for some reason it cannot go on this site I can always email it to anyone who wants it once I have scanned it. I can make it one PDF file just as Kinko's has done.

Thank-you !!!!! :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecilgoodroe
Back