4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, 2022 #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he just had something as simple as a polythene sheet over his driver's seat? When UK police officer Wayne Couzens abducted and murdered his victim, he had planned the event and sheeted his hire car with polythene.

Maybe BK genuinely didn't see DM in the doorway as he walked past her? Maybe he was in shock or dissociated from the adrenaline and horror of what he'd just done? He could have made his way to the kitchen / slider / deck, stripped off all his clothing and left in a manner that BF (or whomsoever claims he was 'naked') could have sighted him? Personally I'd have thought he'd leave his underwear on?

Also agree, I don't see why he wouldn't have returned to try and retrieve the sheath apart from one issue - he would surely know doing so would result in a far higher level of contamination of the crime scene that he'd seemingly tried to keep meticulously free of any trace? JMO MOO

I guess we can't know until the court case.
IF someone runs by me wearing only undies, I might think they were naked. She could have been mistaken. He might have just peeled off his outerwear and had something else to throw in to get in the car with.

In the early days, someone on here speculated that he must have left the sheath behind based on the type of knife they were looking for …

(I’ve been reading the older threads as I’m somewhat new to the case. I saw the post you mean, and I kept doing a double take because it was posted before anyone knew BK’s name or anything about a sheath. It made me wonder if that person had inside info.)

In the PCA, DM is quoted by LE as saying she saw a "black clad" figure, and that is all it said about what he was wearing.

No telling what the black clad figure's outfit was made of.

However, there are disposable (tyvek-like) suits available in black, for $12.99 with free shipping, that are advertised online to date, and so not that hard to come by, IMO:

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Protective-Coverall-Insulated-Manufacturing/dp/B085DY3TKT/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=YAKASU&qid=1682648824&s=apparel&sr=1-1-catcorr
  • Non-woven Fabric
  • Industrial Cleaning
  • 【Split Suit Design】 Lightweight protective coverall is designed with a 2-piece split suit which makes it easy to put on and remove, convenient and practical.
  • 【Protective Hood】Designed with elasticated hood opening for more comprehensive protection and ensure a better fit and freedom of movement.
  • 【Premium Quality】This protective coverall suit is made of lightweight non-woven material that offers high tensile strength while remaining soft, comfortable, breathable and high-temperature resistant. Waterproof and durable for wearing in hazardous environments
  • 【Wide Application】This protective suit is used for engineering, dirty jobs, car spaying, aerospace, DIY, painting and food service, etc.

1682649177789.png1682649186705.png

What? Is this a typo? A naked man?
IMO it's not a typo, it's flat out false. It was said in that tabloid article that a naked guy was in the affidavit but it was NOT in the affidavit. Here are 2 of my posts addressing that very thing.

and....

My knowledge of blood spatter and exsanguination is limited to TV crime shows, so take this comment/question with that in mind.

I have a hard time reconciling reports of significant blood and a footprint so latent that it took two passes and two different chemicals to see. If the source is accurate and not prone to hyperbole, I can only surmise that the blood was contained in the two bedrooms and for the most part, not on the floors. I have always thought that the scene looked worse due to the length of time between the murders and LE's arrival.

This is why there are questions, IMO. Supposedly, police say there was blood "everywhere" and "throughout" the home. If that's true, I agree with you, it doesn't make sense. Per LE, the blood wasn't contained to the two bedrooms, if those articles are to be believed.

He will absolutely never be a free man again, IMO.

* His DNA on the knife sheath, found beside a murdered girl.
* His car seen on the various cameras in the neighborhood of the murder and at the right time.
* The roommate seeing a masked man of his size and build leaving the murder scene.
* His cell phone tracking data showing him visiting the murder scene the next day.

If this is all the evidence against him, and its not, its enough for a conviction. I feel it likely he will ultimately accept a plea deal--life in prison for a guilty plea. IMO
  1. His car A white Elantra seen on the various cameras in the neighborhood of the murder and at the right time.
    • Neither the driver nor the car's license plate is mentioned as identifiable
  2. His cell phone tracking data showing him visiting the murder scene his phone pinging off of a cell tower servicing King Road the next day.
    • As mentioned in previous threads here and elsewhere, the phone pinging on the nearby tower does not mean the phone was at the murder scene or even within sight of the house
    • If the phone and presumably BK were at the murder scene the next morning, where is the video evidence? The cameras that picked up the white Elantra the night before should have captured it the next morning as well.
Do either of those things rise to the level of BARD on their own? that's certainly debatable, but the added notes are IMO important and need supporting facts from the prosecution.

Last edited:
In the PCA, DM is quoted by LE as saying she saw a "black clad" figure, and that is all it said about what he was wearing.

However, there are disposable (tyvek-like) suits available in black, for $12.99 with free shipping, that are advertised online to date, and so not that hard to come by, IMO:

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Protective-Coverall-Insulated-Manufacturing/dp/B085DY3TKT/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=YAKASU&qid=1682648824&s=apparel&sr=1-1-catcorr
  • Non-woven Fabric
  • Industrial Cleaning
  • 【Split Suit Design】 Lightweight protective coverall is designed with a 2-piece split suit which makes it easy to put on and remove, convenient and practical.
  • 【Protective Hood】Designed with elasticated hood opening for more comprehensive protection and ensure a better fit and freedom of movement.
  • 【Premium Quality】This protective coverall suit is made of lightweight non-woven material that offers high tensile strength while remaining soft, comfortable, breathable and high-temperature resistant. Waterproof and durable for wearing in hazardous environments
  • 【Wide Application】This protective suit is used for engineering, dirty jobs, car spaying, aerospace, DIY, painting and food service, etc.

View attachment 417672View attachment 417674
IMO I don't think BK went to the length of wearing a suit like the one in the image. But imagine taking the time to put on a suit like that and then forgetting the knife sheath at the scene, leaving your own DNA behind!

IMO I don't think BK went to the length of wearing a suit like the one in the image. But imagine taking the time to put on a suit like that and then forgetting the knife sheath at the scene, leaving your own DNA behind!
I respect your opinion, but in my experience (having worn the same type of suit for hazardous cleanup work, or what was called "wet work" in the business, there were numerous times that dozens of us changed in and out of our suits during every break 4 times a day in mere seconds), it is quite easy to don and doff that kind of suit.

Or our "superiors" wouldn't have bothered buying and supplying them to us if they were tedious and time consuming to get in and out of.

JMO

Last edited:
  1. His car A white Elantra seen on the various cameras in the neighborhood of the murder and at the right time.
  2. His cell phone tracking data showing him visiting the murder scene his phone pinging off of a cell tower servicing King Road. the next day.
    • As mentioned in previous threads here and elsewhere, the phone pinging on the nearby tower does not mean the phone was at the murder scene or even within sight of the house
    • If the phone and presumably BK were at the murder scene the next morning, where is the video evidence? The cameras that picked up the white Elantra the night before should have captured it the next morning as well.
Do either of those things rise to the level of BARD on their own? that's certainly debatable, but the added notes are IMO important and need supporting facts from the prosecution.
JMO but to me it's reasonable to conclude that BKs car near the scene + BKs phone pinging near the scene = BK was near the scene. Much more reasonable than to conclude that it could possibly be someone else. I mean, really?

Then factor in BKs DNA on the sheath at the scene of a bloody murder + DM stating she saw someone matching BKs description = BK was at the scene. At least IMO this is potentially how some jury members might see it.

There might be room for doubt but is it reasonable? IMO hard to believe it could've been someone else.

I respect your opinion, but in my experience (having worn the same type of suit for hazardous cleanup work numerous times that dozens of us changed in and out of during every break 4 times a day in mere seconds), it is quite easy to don and doff that kind of suit.

Or our "superiors" wouldn't have bothered buying and supplying them to us if they were tedious and time consuming to get in and out of.

JMO
That may be true but in your case you'd had practice and probably got better at it over time (I assume). FWIW I mean that specific style of suit in the image, not to say BK didn't wear some other kind of layering.

I don't think BK had time to doff his outer layer before getting into the car and peeling out. AFAIK it was mere minutes, certainly less than 5.

Personally I am leaning towards BK having prepped his car interior prior. IMO if BK wore an outer "protective" layer it was something inconspicuous so as not to stand out while driving to and from.

Maybe he put plastic down in the car, had a change of clothes and shoes, gloves, garbage bags and cleaning supplies ready to go? Then he'd need a spot to dump all this stuff. He'd also have to hope that he didn't get pulled over or spotted if his car was lined in plastic or anything like that. JMO.

JMO but to me it's reasonable to conclude that BKs car near the scene + BKs phone pinging near the scene = BK was near the scene. Much more reasonable than to conclude that it could possibly be someone else. I mean, really?

Then factor in BKs DNA on the sheath at the scene of a bloody murder + DM stating she saw someone matching BKs description = BK was at the scene. At least IMO this is potentially how some jury members might see it.

There might be room for doubt but is it reasonable? IMO hard to believe it could've been someone else.
That is reasonable but my point was related to the comment I quoted. Two of the points the OP mentioned as facts that prove that BK is the murderer are not, in fact, absolutes.

The car at the scene was not (at the time the PCA was written) identified as BK's car. It was identified as the type of and possibly the same year as the car he owns. They noted that there was not a front license plate as required of a car registered in WA. They did not say that they could see the number on the back plate or if there was a back plate on the car. It's reasonable to conclude that if the back plate was visible, they would have run it and identified the car's owner quickly.

BK himself was not ID'd as driving the car that was seen on camera the night of the murders. His phone pinging the tower near the scene does not mean at the scene. Of course he could very well be the murderer, but that does not mean the two pieces of evidence I mentioned are conclusive. They are not.

I am not nor was I making a conclusion as to his guilt or innocence. I am pointing out the fallacy in the argument.

Repeating PCA Wording? Or Loosey-Goosey Rewording?
  2. His cell phone tracking data showing him visiting the murder scene his phone pinging off of a cell tower servicing King Road the next day.
@U.N. Known Thank you very much for your post, contrasting the differences between precise wording in PCA by LE and REWORDING done by MSM, soc media, and others, which is often imprecise.
Sometimes the rewording is inaccurate (although not necessarily deliberately so) and if offered in testimony would draw immediate, vehement, valid objections in court.

No, we're not in court and not sentencing a suspect or def't to death or even to life in prison without parole but it makes sense for us to use wording from the PCA. imo

(I’ve been reading the older threads as I’m somewhat new to the case. I saw the post you mean, and I kept doing a double take because it was posted before anyone knew BK’s name or anything about a sheath. It made me wonder if that person had inside info.)
I think it was because LE mentioned the type of knife and the sleuth said that LE would only know that if they had the sheath. JMO

Repeating PCA Wording? Or Loosey-Goosey Rewording?

@U.N. Known Thank you very much for your post, contrasting the differences between precise wording in PCA by LE and REWORDING done by MSM, soc media, and others, which is often imprecise.
Sometimes the rewording is inaccurate (although not necessarily deliberately so) and if offered in testimony would draw immediate, vehement, valid objections in court.

No, we're not in court and not sentencing a suspect or def't to death or even to life in prison without parole but it makes sense for us to use wording from the PCA. imo
Quote:

"Sometimes the re-wording is inaccurate"

No doubt.

Due to media reports I thought Kohberger had returned specifically to the King Rd. house at around 9:00am that morning, but in a discussion on here I realized his phone does not show this.

And we couldn't come up with a photo showing LE had the white Elantra on video around 9:00am. Fox news video caught a white car near the house at 2:00pm and made it sound like it could be BK's car - total hype.

And this naked man fabrication would be funny if it wasn't so stupid. Obviously the journalist - and I use that term loosely - didn't bother to read the PCA. They say their information comes from the PCA so we know it isn't true because we read the PCA. Not worth giving it the time of day.

According to the PCA - DM saw a man wearing black CLOTHES.
According to the "journalist" - BF encountered a NAKED man.

And the "crazy" list goes on from there.....

So why did Kohberger's phone ping in the Moscow area at 9:12am?

I think he was hyped up, agitated and impatient waiting for the news to break. He was miffed that he still wasn't hearing anything about it so in some sort of nervous fit he drives back to Moscow looking for police presence in the area.

2 Cents

Last edited:

• Non-woven Fabric
  • Industrial Cleaning

View attachment 417672View attachment 417674
Darn Twisting, stop help out the future would be killers. :)

Seriously, I could see this as a possibility especially if one was educated to Criminal Justice and crime scene techniques.

MOO

There are many people who would not vote to convict with the information we have thus far. JMO based on what I've read here and on other sites. The hope is that there is much more evidence (and we know, logically, there is) and that it won't be based on just this.

I will be very surprised if there isn't plenty more evidence. First, I would expect the FBI to vigorously counsel against making an arrest on such a high profile case without sufficient evidence. Plus, that was the arrest heard around the world - or at least the country. If they can't easily make the case at the PH, I just don't think there is any recovery from that. Careers will be ruined, lawsuits will be filed. It will be an implosion of epic proportions. MOOooo

Perhaps, the next morning, BK was dressed in his best professorial clothes and hoped to sidle up to a journalist to offer his educated opinions about crimes of this nature and the minds behind them.

Only to discover no LE presence, no media.

Jmo

IF someone runs by me wearing only undies, I might think they were naked. She could have been mistaken. He might have just peeled off his outerwear and had something else to throw in to get in the car with.
I only thought of this just now but, if she had a side view, and the person was carrying some coveralls or something, it could block the view of any underwear. The person might not have been butt naked. Just underwear naked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babycakes15